ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
10/19/10 GH:WoR DLC - Linkin Park Track Pack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: 10/19/10 GH:WoR DLC - Linkin Park Track Pack Reply with quote

The following songs are now up for score-tracking:
The 6-pack is available for $11.99 (960 Microsoft Points, or 1200 Wii Points) and each track individually costs $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points, or 200 Wii Points). Available on the Xbox LIVE® Marketplace, PLAYSTATION®Network, and Wii™ Shop Channel.

Enjoy!

Last edited by psxfreak101 on Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And what a surprise, not on Wii yet.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, 1) it will eventually, 2) i can wait because i really dislike linkin park's newer stuff, and 3) before anyone even says it, i'm not getting a new console for the sake of a few extra songs!! (Seriously, i genuinely felt that someone was going to bring it up sooner or later )

[EDIT: Nevermind, it's in the Wii store now. The backlash should hopefully stop ]

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
dave0113  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are any of these songs even remotely difficult on guitar? I'm guessing not because it's Linkin Park, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strangely enough, it's listed in the store as "A Thousand Suns Album". That's a bit of a cheek considering you only get 40% of the tracks. Also no discount for buying the pack = lame.

Lip syncing is still atrocious - there were times during the chorus of Burning in the Skies where the vocalist's mouth wasn't even open.

Playing the pack on guitar, my thoughts:

Burning in the Skies - chordfest, but has a (chordy) guitar solo; rare for a Linkin Park song.

Waiting for the End - one of the most boring guitar charts ever. I was surprised when I got the Diamond note streak challenge after about 45 seconds, but then I realised why - the rest of the song (well a good 3 minutes of it) is one hammer-on chord every 5 seconds. Surprised they didn't chart the piano there.

Blackout - Starts off slowly, was worried it would be just like Waiting for the End but then the guitar riff started, which was pretty hard to combo, lots of varied chords. Vocals should be interesting with all the DJ skips.

Wretches and Kings - WTF? The vocalist sings the spoken-word recording! That's so weird, it would be like the vocalist mouthing the opening Malcolm X recording in Cult of Personality. Pretty fun chart - you play the DJ's part in the outro! Also the first appearance of alt-strum and chord challenges in a downloadable song.

The Catalyst - More DJ charting in this song. Pretty fun, although another one where the horrific lip-synching is obvious. Props to Beenox for charting piano with hammer-on chords and tap notes again (why didn't Neversoft do this for BoRhap?)

The Messenger - No drum/bass parts on this song. Typical acoustic fare, chords all the way through the song. Another song with alt-strum and chord challenges. For the altstrum challenge it looks like you pretty much have to FC the song to get it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As if 'What I've Done' and 'Bleed It Out' didn't bore me enough... I'm going to have to pass on this pack, but does have a good selection for Linkin Park fans.
DVDSmith  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave0113 wrote:
Are any of these songs even remotely difficult on guitar? I'm guessing not because it's Linkin Park, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

The highest-intensity song on guitar is Wretches & Kings at 5. It's not very difficult but it does have a turntable solo in it.

As for bass...no. There's probably about 200 bass notes between all six songs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was thinking about getting this but then i saw it was the new stuff and i couldn't be more glad at not spending another 800 points this week , not for me this week unfortunately.
massi4h  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every week that they had terrible DLC there was always still at least 5 or 6 people wetting their pants over getting the best dlc ever. This is funny because not 1 person even posted something positive about it. Also I agree with everyone, their new stuff is nowhere near as good as their old stuff. 6 pack of their good old songs would be an instant buy for me even with the lack of hard guitar.
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVDSmith wrote:
Strangely enough, it's listed in the store as "A Thousand Suns Album". That's a bit of a cheek considering you only get 40% of the tracks. Also no discount for buying the pack = lame.

Clearly you don't know the album. Yes, there may be technically 15 tracks on the album, but if you count the number that are actually SONGS, you'd realize how many throwaway tracks the album has. Tracks 1, 2, 4, 7, 11, and 13 are all not songs unless you like to count minute-long transitions as separate songs. As a result there are only 9 songs on the album.

Add to that that pretty much the whole album sucks, and you should probably be grateful they spared you the other three "real" songs. All you're losing is "When they come for me," "Iridescent," and "Robot Boy."
None translate well to the game, and only Iridescent is any good at all...and at this point what I'm describing as any good is being taken VERY lightly.

A Thousand Suns is a terrible album by LP standards, (and I happen to really like the other LP material for frame of reference,) and believe me: you are not missing out on anything by either purchasing these songs, or by getting them and "only" getting 40% of the album.
NovaXD  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Waiting for the End" on guitar is so boring, if you play it you will be...
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Catalyst is worth the pick up for drummers in all honesty. once chorus 3 hits its got a pretty tricky drum machine beat. Quite fun and challenging.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: