ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Xona Games (Needs moar Duality up in hurr)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:49 pm    Post subject: Xona Games (Needs moar Duality up in hurr) Reply with quote

Xona Games is quickly becoming my favorite Indie Games Developer and I feel their games, and this company, deserves their own thread. Decimation X was amazing, and I've been looking forward to X3 since I saw it was being developed.

"Decimation X3 is a 4 player shoot em up and thrilling sequel to the #1 Japan hit, Decimation X, and proud member of the Indie Games Winter Uprising. Back with intensified gameplay, extra power-ups, more firepower, improved retro graphics, huge bosses, and a beautifully remixed Imphenzia soundtrack."

The game is much better than Decimation X. The added power ups (Such as P3, B3, and S3 [which goes from one side to the other]) and the addition of bosses is awesome.

Score Rush is a Shoot em up, bullet hell game. Hard as hell to me. If you like Decimation X/X3, you will like this game.

Also, they are only $1. So go. Now.

Last edited by Sarg338 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:38 pm; edited 3 times in total
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh shit, they both got released at the same time?

I think I need to skip kickboxing tonight and break in my joystick.

I'm stoked about Decimation X3, and I am glad that Score Rush is hard.

I'll be doing videos of both very soon.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:

Nice! On my first runthrough of X3, I managed a 2.7 million run, although I think I can do better.

Score Rush? Yea, I suck at that, but its fun as hell.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:

Nice! On my first runthrough of X3, I managed a 2.7 million run, although I think I can do better.

I can't wait to play Score Rush. That one is going to be an absolute blast.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:

No shield mode in X3 is the best gametype in any game ever made. Soooo much fun. I actually scored more (3.3 million) in that mode than normal mode (although I think the enemies are worth more points.)
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:

No shield mode in X3 is the best gametype in any game ever made. Soooo much fun. I actually scored more (3.3 million) in that mode than normal mode (although I think the enemies are worth more points.)

There's a no shield mode? Are you effing serious? I play decimation x better when I shoot all the shields down. I can't WAIT!
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:

There's a no shield mode? Are you effing serious? I play decimation x better when I shoot all the shields down. I can't WAIT!

Yup, you start with no shields, and a shield power up never drops, so its all about moving between bullets.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I FUCKING LOVE SCORE RUSH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDGl-eDEuNQ

I actually used the default game's music this time :O
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish I had some friends who were good at this game. I would LOVE to play X3 or Score Rush with 2+ players, to see how crazy it would get.
matthewdoucette  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
I really wish I had some friends who were good at this game. I would LOVE to play X3 or Score Rush with 2+ players, to see how crazy it would get.

I also wish I had this. Maybe Santa Claus will deliver us some this year! I'm hoping when Jason comes down for xmas (he's away) we'll get some kick ass footage of two player Decimation X3 and Score Rush for you all.
matthewdoucette  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my best (recorded) runs at both games:

Score Rush (642M):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJEK3TuD1Is&hd=1

Decimation X3 (8.4M)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdYh8pk9Xlc&hd=1
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matthewdoucette wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:

I also wish I had this. Maybe Santa Claus will deliver us some this year! I'm hoping when Jason comes down for xmas (he's away) we'll get some kick ass footage of two player Decimation X3 and Score Rush for you all.

How about you fly me and squirrel up for 4 player, ok? kthanks

I'll probably hook up my xbox today and get some gameplay of X3. I think my highest is somewhere in the 5 million on No Shields mode.

Score Rush... Well, I suck at bullet hell games, but I find them amazingly fun to play. I still haven't beaten normal mode yet >_>
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
matthewdoucette wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:

How about you fly me and squirrel up for 4 player, ok? kthanks

I'll probably hook up my xbox today and get some gameplay of X3. I think my highest is somewhere in the 5 million on No Shields mode.

Score Rush... Well, I suck at bullet hell games, but I find them amazingly fun to play. I still haven't beaten normal mode yet >_>

That sounds amazing...

I haven't completed normal mode yet either... daevlol 1 life completed Score Rush on Normal... but he's a beast at those games.

I only played Decimation X3 only a couple times, I need to play that again... I think tonight I might be stuck making a few orbits though for some people.

I'm really trying hard to complete Score Rush... I think my problem is that I'm trying to play for max score while trying to complete it... I should try to complete it first, then try for score.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-qOB1j2f4Y

Theres a run I recorded tonight. Luckily, it was my highest score so far. I had a good amount of stupid deaths (Playing without HDMI on these kind of games = bad) so I could probably improve.

EDIT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Got to the last boss in Score Rush on Normal. I'm pretty sure I got there on 1 life through, like, 3 bosses. Anyway, about 30 seconds in, I died, Game Over :'( I was also less than 500k away from 100 million. FML.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I pro yet?

EDIT: Oh yea, no shield mode \m/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: