ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Season 12 Leagues - Preliminary Signups Open!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
also gh3 is no fun to squeeze compared to newer games. the infinite hopo window is a huge pain in the ass for some songs and everyone has all the right paths to gh3... and you dont have to activate SP before hitting the note, you can do both at the same time. thats terrible form (imo) and took a lot of getting used to for me on GHA...

LOL, inverse that and you have my opinion on the matter.

Especially "everyone has all the right paths" is what keeps me from moving on to later games, because most of the time when i squeeze a song, I want to feel like I could get a score that no one will ever beat. It kinda has to be that way when the only thing you care about is 1st place. If you lose that 1st to someone, it's like you never had it. I guess that I love to squeeze while you love to both path and squeeze.

Also what's wrong with being able to activate SP at the same time as hitting a note? Sure, you have to adjust the way you play between that and the other way, but IMO having to activate a moment before hitting a note is more quirky. It's like there's some kind of delay that the developers were too lazy to fix. Infinite front hopo window is obviously a flaw on GH3's part. Another thing, I liked the old way SP overlapped. No real preference, but I find it weird how obviously GH stole that from RB when there's no real advantage either way.

My vote goes to GHA for best guitar engine.

On topic, I keep going back and forth between joining GH3H and GH3X. No idea where this is gonna end (it depends most on this thread (what about you, Scarecrow?)) but my signup for WoR XG is starting to solidify.
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:
I want to feel like I could get a score that no one will ever beat. It kinda has to be that way when the only thing you care about is 1st place. If you lose that 1st to someone, it's like you never had it.

if you make the right path and never give it to anyone... ta da! (LOL overkill... i caved on that one, though...)

http://www.scorehero.com/rankings.php?group=6&game=0&diff=4&song=1760&page=1
http://www.scorehero.com/rankings.php?group=6&game=0&diff=4&song=1755&page=1&highlight=2

Bj0rn wrote:
Also what's wrong with being able to activate SP at the same time as hitting a note? Sure, you have to adjust the way you play between that and the other way, but IMO having to activate a moment before hitting a note is more quirky. It's like there's some kind of delay that the developers were too lazy to fix.

true, true. idk it just makes more sense for me if you have to activate a little before. opinion thing lol

Bj0rn wrote:
Another thing, I liked the old way SP overlapped. No real preference, but I find it weird how obviously GH stole that from RB when there's no real advantage either way.

lol i like the new way because it opens up all kinds of new pathing/squeezing opportunities. i can see where youre coming from, though, theres not really a whole lot of point to switching lol

Bj0rn wrote:

My vote goes to GHA for best guitar engine.

On topic, I keep going back and forth between joining GH3H and GH3X. No idea where this is gonna end (it depends most on this thread (what about you, Scarecrow?)) but my signup for WoR XG is starting to solidify.

if it didn't have the mandatory joe perry fretboard, i would agree with you. as is, i like WT's engine the best (purple notes are really only a problem on satch boogie...)

i'm doing GHWOR X and GH2 coop. WOR sounds like its gonna have the best competition, from what i've collected. a whole bunch of people from vVv are joining scorehero just to sign up for that league
GH2 co op was xboxpro57's idea. if GH2 co op doesnt have enough people (i have no idea if it will or not) i'll probably do another one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to sort of a GH5 esque rematch on WoR, Bj0rn. I'm pulling out all the stops this time, should be interesting

Warhiem  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question for the WoR DLC league
some of my WoR DLC doesn't work in quickplay, only on party play
can I take a video of the whole song as proof?

singemfrc  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
I have a question for the WoR DLC league
some of my WoR DLC doesn't work in quickplay, only on party play
can I take a video of the whole song as proof?
I've never heard of this..can anyone else confirm that this is true? What songs? Is it only for certain consoles?

If this is something that is true for everyone then those songs would not be used.
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's only on my console from what I've seen. I can't reliably load any songs post Soundgarden other than a couple of the MCR songs without my game completely freezing and requiring a restart. I'm on Wii, but the issue really only pertains to me and covers a lot of DLC so I don't think it would be fair to exclude so much DLC.
Sometimes the songs work, but most often they freeze and I have to restart my console twice, because the first time the disk drive no longer functions.

SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
it's only on my console from what I've seen. I can't reliably load any songs post Soundgarden other than a couple of the MCR songs without my game completely freezing and requiring a restart. I'm on Wii, but the issue really only pertains to me and covers a lot of DLC so I don't think it would be fair to exclude so much DLC.
Sometimes the songs work, but most often they freeze and I have to restart my console twice, because the first time the disk drive no longer functions.

Yeah I think there might be something wrong with your system or your connection to wifi... You might wanna try and get it checked out, that must suck not being able to play the songs :/

Warhiem  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:

Yeah I think there might be something wrong with your system or your connection to wifi... You might wanna try and get it checked out, that must suck not being able to play the songs :/

it's not my connection to wifi because that works fine, it is some glitch that has to do with getting the Rock 1 track pack or something, which alters your bin files but if I replace mine then I lose ALL of my DLC and imports except for WT, and I'd rather just play songs in party play than go through that ordeal again :/

SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:

it's not my connection to wifi because that works fine, it is some glitch that has to do with getting the Rock 1 track pack or something, which alters your bin files but if I replace mine then I lose ALL of my DLC and imports except for WT, and I'd rather just play songs in party play than go through that ordeal again :/

Damn you Harmonix... no wonder I hate playing your games lol.

superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
Warhiem wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:

wait... Harmonix made GHWoR? well this is news to me

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME ANYTHING!?!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Lol.

Last edited by LlamaYip on Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he meant the first GHWoR Pack...
conlan22  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

llamaman2 wrote:
I thought he meant the first GHWoR Pack...

lol he did mean this here is Rock 1 track pack for guitar hero http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=104883
Roenja89  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superspaz117 wrote:
SlasherManEXE wrote:

wait... Harmonix made GHWoR? well this is news to me

WHY DIDN'T ANYONE TELL ME ANYTHING!?!

Nooo, Harmonix made the Wii... Right? Right?

Yeah, that MUST be it...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 6089842497596363
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking about RB1 lol >.>

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: