ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Jellu: GH H Guitar FSFC! Jordan Solo B+C FC!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jellu  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@conlan22 - maybe I actually have a chance to get 200 that would mean Franky, PWM, RaBl (I should get a working PS3 guitar or GH3 for PS2) and 2 other songs, which could something like Misirlou, Troggy, BatH, Decontrol, GR2R. Maybe.
@RaylanCloss - actually I think CFH is the easiest one of those seven because solo is kinda easy to grind out if you can get even somewhat consistent with verses (which totally isn't easy, I admit). And TF... I have no idea
@FL4RE - working on it. Should happen tomorrow if I have enough time
@alexhaz64 - well I think Frankenstein is harder than CFH but you're right it's probably easier than SoD... yeah RaBl should be easy but I can't play it because PS3 guitars suck PWM and maybe even Misirlou could happen if I learn how too strum sets of 2 in GH2 engine but that may be impossible thing to do
@ihatebarracude - thanks for your effort to help me with Franky. Unfortunately using HOs didn't work but my old, method, strumming only high notes worked (see below). Btw I think I now have more FCs than you, again. What are you going to do about it? :D

Thanks for the replys! Those comments encouraged me to start grinding Frankenstein again and it went somewhat well. At first I couldn't hit the trill at all but during those tries I managed to hit the solo twice (which was a HUGE step forward since the solo is the only reason I haven't FCd it yet and actually I had hit it only a couple of times earlier).

Suddenly I hit the trill by using my old method (downstrumming the notes before it and then strumming the high notes keeping up the excactly same strumming speed. Then I FCd it 6 out of 7 times o.O which wasn't really even a big surprise because I used to be consistent at it. During those runs I got -1s and -2s in the solo. Then started sucking at the trill again... still managed to hit it every now and then and actually choked the song once! My only miss was right after the hard part of the solo when there are single decending triplets D: hopefully I'll get it tomorrow

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched your vid...is there a reason you gallop the solo? All the notes are spaced evenly. That's why you miss

I reFCed it just now to show the solo strumming and prove that my trill method owns once you get it down =P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV-VE_2Q7bQ&feature=youtu.be

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
Jellu  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just because I gallop everything I can (or play as sets of 5), especially in GH1: SoD zigzag (yeah that's weird), CfH verses (sets of five before, but just strummed through them consistently on my FC run), all the sets of four that include a triplet (SoD, CfH, Frankenstein, TF), Fire It Up first solo, lots of stuff in Spanish Castle Magic and Crossroads. Outside GH1 I gallop BYOB verses, did a lot of galloping tricks in Deadfall bass and even FC BOTH TDWFs (gtr/bass) galloping the main riff! That was really painful, though... so yeah, it's all about avoiding weird fret changes on upstrums.

GH1 solos that I just strum through (SoD first part, YGATC) are really luck-based and I have to build muscle memory for them, which is really hard in GH1. You see I'm really bad at random alt-strumming. You probably noticed that I downstrummed most of Frankenstein and that's because I would miss a random note like every run if I tried to alt-strum it all.

If you watch my Texas Flood FC video from 3:40 to the end of solo you can see that I do a lot of downstrumming and weird galloping during solos and other hardish parts (what may be why I managed to FC it so early). So I really trust in my awkward soloing methods :D

And thanks for the video, but I think I can do the trill well enough to grind out FC. But I'll try to strum through the solo if it seems to go bad with my method.

FCs: 45 | 62 | 29 | 68 | 41 | 85 | 48 | 47 | 85 | 46 | 89 | O211 204/211 | Total 645/660
Jellu  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is supposed to be GH accomplishment thread but only a couple of weeks ago someone updated something similar so I thought why not especially because in Finland it's quite rare to get in on first try only 2 guys in your high school managed to do it this year

ps. haven't played GH lately. Maybe I'll try Trogdor again at some point

xXGHXx  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jellu wrote:
Maybe I'll try Trogdor again at some point

No.

(Welcome back though!)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: GHX37
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey gratz for the boring IRL part, get troggy soon, otherwise you wont have time with the boring IRL stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats dude!
Jellu  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys =)
I gotta say I'm kinda busy these days but I still don't study 24/7 because I'm a lazy SOB so I played some GH to escape reality

I started "grinding" Zakk Wylde duel a while ago and realized it's totally possible for me. So I played it every now and then and today, though I sucked quite a bit at Grind Control, I FCd it. And oh yeah I think I "cheated" a little be FCing it in WoR on WT engine it would've really been something

oh, and score was 294034

Tried Franky today but couldn't do any good. Maybe I'll FC that in the near future but pretty much everything else is nearly impossible atm.

parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice one pal, good to see you still playing!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm done with GH80s! Yeah I got BiM tech FC a couple of days ago but that's still just impossible for me. I've been playing lot of PWM over the couple of few days and luckily it paid off today :)

Now I have 196/211 and 634/660 FCs (details in op)
My last FC was back in february but hopefully I won't have to wait that long for the next one xD I'm moving to GH2 now and maybe I should try Misirlou now that I've learned how to strum doublets :P

also the old stuff

ihatebarracuda  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats

Very annoying song with all the hard parts at the end, and after a pretty hard strumming bit. Although you already had the SH version which is infinitely more annoying.

Misirlou shouldn't be too bad if you can get halfway consistent at the intro. Just expect a lot of stupid misses between Guitar Break 1 and 2. Also, always always restart. Reverse choke on this song is painful, take it from me.

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ihatebarracuda
PinkiePie91  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! Pain in the ass of a song. Both versions really. And another that will probably forever evade me Zakk Wylde.
AbyssionQC  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job on Franky :)

GH1 FC''s: 47/47 | GH2 FC''s: 64/64 | GH80''s FC''s: 30/30 | GH3 FC''s: 70/70 GHA FC''s: 41/41 | GHWT FC''s: 86/86
GHM FC''s: 49/49 | GHSH FC''s: 47/48 GH5 FC''s: 85/85 | GHVH FC''s: 47/47 | GHWoR FC''s: 91/93 | Total FC''s: 657/660

I totally didn''''t steal someone else''''s signature
Jellu  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AbyssionQC wrote:
Nice job on Franky

Dude, are you a psychic or something? I 100% overstrummed franky yesterday so I wouldn't say I did a good job. But now I did =)

Star power overrun this run so yeah awful score. But I have the best non-FC score and global 12th place (341k) so whatever :P It's actually pretty fun story. I had grinded Franky for a few hours and started getting 340k+s repeatedly and told myself "ok now I've got like 3 global top 20 scores in 10 minutes could I please get JUST ONE LOUSY FC?". And that's wat I got. A lousy FC due to bad 5th activation

Some other stuff:
I've been playing some GH3 lately, getting like a million more points or so by making my scores a bit less awful. I've also spent time on RaBl but the first half of Flood sucks then oved to GH2, getting Bath solo D FC and stats screen video of it. Also FCd Jordan solo B on slow and actually nearly FCd up to first break on full speed. Trogdor still sucks. And Misirlou xD. Then yesterday moved to GH1 trying to FC franky and got pretty close so kept going today and finally FCd it (now I can die in peace). After that tried some GR2R, FCing intro trips like 20 times in a row (I use hopos), still amazingly achieveving absolutely nothing.

Now I'll probably play some GR2R/Decontrol/FiU to see what I can do. FCing at last one them would really help me with 200/211. I'm now at 197, having no idea which 3 songs I'll get next (except that RaBl is one of them unless I suddenly become amazingly good at 1/2)

RobGHH  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH1 is hell! I don't know how people do it. Well done.
You're also 2 FCs from overtaking me
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RobGHH PSN Name: robbie8n
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 33 of 40

Jump to: