ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
LP Thread! Resident Evil LP! (OP needs work)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorasgoof wrote:
That Green Demon (I think I saw some people call it that) game is hilarious, even though I don't understand an ounce of Japanese.

Here's Episode 7 by the way. My account was recently upgraded to allow for uploads longer than 15 minutes. Is this rare?

Episode 7 :: Thawing out and Big Boos

Not really. If you re constntly putting up videos and getting views they upgrade you.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wanting to do a LP for a long time now, and I think I am really wanting to try it now. I think I would start off playing a game on an emulator because I don't have a capture card. I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to record? I am basically a total noob when it comes to recording with good quality. I've been watching sorasgoof's LP, and the quality is amazing on it. I don't really know the first thing about recording either video or audio. Do I need to buy a microphone, or any editing programs? I'd like to stay as cheap as possible, but still have pretty good quality.
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What systems are you looking to record, first of all?

I have great methods (I think ) of recording SNES, GBA, GB, and N64 games, as well as NES, though I haven't looked into that one all that much.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorasgoof wrote:
What systems are you looking to record, first of all?

I have great methods (I think ) of recording SNES, GBA, GB, and N64 games, as well as NES, though I haven't looked into that one all that much.

Either PS1 or N64. I'd like to spend as little money as possible, but I don't want to get anything illegally, so that's out the door. Eventually I would like to buy a capture card so I can do vids of 360 games, but for now I would like to try out doing one on a N64 or PS1 emulator.
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just give you a mini-tutorial for how I do my N64 videos.

1. Download Mupen64 V8
2. Download ffdshow (search "browse ffdshow" on Google, and click on the first result. I downloaded the latest official release, "ffdshow_beta7_rev3154_20091209.exe")
3. Install ffdshow
4. Open up Mupen64 V8 and set the graphics plugin to Jabo's plugin (the most updated one), use whatever input plugin you want, and use whichever audio plugin, as well as whatever RSP plugin. The included plugins work fine for me, but I like Jabo's video plugin.
5. Open the game you want to record.
6. Under "utilities," click on Movie, and then click on "Start Movie Recording." Here, you can pick to record from the beginning of the game (from Start) or wherever you are in-game (from Snapshot).
7. Get to where you want to stop recording, and click "Stop Movie Recording" on the "Utilities" drop-down bar thing.
8. Click "Start Movie Playback" and "OK"
9. Immediately, click "Start AVI capture, and on the screen that comes up, click ffdshow video codec as your compressor. Click configure, select MPEG-4 as your encoder and XVID as your FOURCC, as well as Two Passes- 1st Pass as your Mode.
10. Click OK on everything.
11. The recording of what you played before will play, and it will record the AVI. It will probably look slow, but the final product WILL NOT look like this. It will turn out like my videos.
12. Wait until the whole thing has recorded, and stop the AVI recording.

If I missed anything or anything doesn't make sense or something, just tell me. This way, though, you don't have to buy anything, at least for recording gameplay. For recording voice commentary, obviously, you'll need a mic of some sort.

We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
zemoo  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Mupen64 work on Mac?

And will a guitarhero mic work for recording audio?
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's a version of Mupen for Macs, but I'm not sure.

Here's Episodes 8 and 9:

Super Mario 64 Let's Play Episode 8 :: Carousels, Bunnies, and a Fairly Tasteless Joke?
Super Mario 64 Let's Play Episode 9 :: Sweeping up the Basement

EDIT: And here's an audio blooper from Episode 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSeO3XflXaw

Qarx  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got started on watching (yes, late, I know). I had no idea your voice was so deep lol.

Just to comment on the emulator itself, I just wanted to say I always find it funny when I find differences between playing it for real and on an emulator. For example, (at least on Project64), if you teleport, say, in the flowers in Bob-Omb Battlefield, it doesn't quite look the same.

By the way, ever consider playing Kaizo Mario 64? I only recently learned of its existence, and haven't played it that much yet, but you might have fun with it... especially in an LP lol.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might play Kaizo 64, if I can find the patch. I haven't looked.

I'll just leave this here: Episode 10 :: Hi-Res Bowser Beating

Qarx  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I found everything I needed in the description on this LP, instructions included. I mean, sure, I could watch that LP, but what fun would that be ?

EDIT:

By the way, how do I get this "hi-res" patch? I couldn't find it on Google....

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Qarx: This is the thread I found it in: http://emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=41509

Also, here's Episode 11. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GWz7-5iOEY

sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's Episode 12. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKVf0g-OnSU

I see machinimarespawn is uploading a Super Mario 64 LP. Honestly, I think mine is better. I even have much better video quality. XD

I could have had that spot.

sorasgoof  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Episode 13 has been out for a little while, but I've been forgetting to post it here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aYzhkaIgFc

MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched #11 because it's #11 and because it was titled hats, but I'm unfortunately not all that interested in SM64. I do like your style of talking, though.

LP Castlevania games and I'll totally watch; my childhood was filled with a sad emptiness of them.
11yearoldkid  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched the first one, and it's pretty awesome/nostalgic. I plan o watching the rest, and following it every day! Thanks, man.

TEN THOUSANNNNNNND!
My life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 3 of 44

Jump to: