ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Season 12 Leagues - Final Signups Open through 1/29/11!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:
The WoR vox change is disapointing, I have never noticed a difference between the two but I'm sure there is one. Anyway, the people entering these leagues, shouldn't they be able to FC the stuff consistently and do well? It shouldn't be so big of a deal that it should cause a split.

Who said it's about being able to FC the songs?

Myself, in response to llamaman2 wrote:
(...)The versions have the same scoring system, but the more pitch leniency, the easier it'll be to get more ticks from the phrases, as well as more SP from SP phrases, making it easier to pull absurd activation squeezes. (...)

With that, it'd be just absolutely wrong getting Wii and PS360 players clashing on a same division. Being able to FC the songs consistently =/= being able to squeeze the hell of said songs with ease.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
werelord  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Being able to FC the songs consistently =/= being able to squeeze the hell of said songs with ease.

Squeezing remains the same for both engines though and that's what counts. Any 360/PS3 vocalist who'd enter the leagues with any hopes of winning would have adapted to the difference (whatever it may be) and should be fine, it's not like the wii can easily get 10,000 more points or anything we got to time it at the same time to nail those squeezes.

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:
tidus wrote:
Being able to FC the songs consistently =/= being able to squeeze the hell of said songs with ease.

Squeezing remains the same for both engines though and that's what counts. Any 360/PS3 vocalist who'd enter the leagues with any hopes of winning would have adapted to the difference (whatever it may be) and should be fine, it's not like the wii can easily get 10,000 more points or anything we got to time it at the same time to nail those squeezes.

yes but because it is easier to fill each phrase you get more SP, resulting in easier squeezes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superspaz117 wrote:

yes but because it is easier to fill each phrase you get more SP, resulting in easier squeezes

you can squeeze vocals?!?!?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elScarecrow wrote:
superspaz117 wrote:

you can squeeze vocals?!?!?!

sort of, but not in the same way we know, as far as they are concerned, there are only front end squeezes, like we reach for the latest point of the timing window, they aim for the VERY end of a phrase, I remember a squeeze on Bark at The Moon being hard as fuck to pull off

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevster10 wrote:
aikaline wrote:
signed up for GH3X , spent about 45 minutes playing yesterday, first time in months, I'm just hoping to not finish at the bottom , but as long as i improve a couple scores I'll be stoked.

I'm also happy to finally have an opportunity to play leagues, I have not had much motivation to play since a rivalry i was in this past summer.

You won't have to worry about finishing last. I'm playing.

Lol I'm ready for this to start already!

hey trevster , nice to see you around, congrats on reaching 40 fc's, also i looked at some of your newer scores and it seems you're getting even better, 480k+ on BiF is pretty sick I'm horrible at those riffs :p. Best of luck to you in leagues!

I hope there is multiple divisons like in previous years, would be nice to feel like i have a shot of making some sort of playoffs once the time comes.

trevster10  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aikaline wrote:

hey trevster , nice to see you around, congrats on reaching 40 fc's, also i looked at some of your newer scores and it seems you're getting even better, 480k+ on BiF is pretty sick I'm horrible at those riffs :p. Best of luck to you in leagues!

I hope there is multiple divisons like in previous years, would be nice to feel like i have a shot of making some sort of playoffs once the time comes.

Heck yeah, thanks man! I was getting after over Christmas Break! (Finally got La Grange, Go That Far, and I'm In The Band) But yeah, I'm about to get back into it. Not like everyday hardcore, but every once in a while, I'm going to get to play again. I'm readyfor another rivalry like the one we had this summer.

Well, I'm sure it depends on how many signups we get. But, if it is like always, there will be at least 2 divisions (Weren't there 3 last year?). At any rate, I'm looking forward to playing competitively again. (relatively speaking, that is)

Goals -
45 GH3X FC's [X]
50 GH3X FC's [ ]
GH3X FG5* [66/70]
Come join my GH3 rivalry!
Need your "Leagues" fix? Come join the Summer Leagues!
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:

Actually that's not true. I've played this game on both the 360 and the Wii and there are thousands of points difference in the songs. We're not talking about a couple hundred points here and there, we're talking about increases like 3,000 pts in 1 run on the wii vs. an hour of grinding on the 360.

Your points are based on how much of the phrase you fill (it's not awarded merely by excellent). Likewise the amount of SP you earn is based on how much of the phrase you fill so if you earn more it lasts longer making those end phrase squeezes easily obtainable. It has very little to do with timing. The graphics engine on the Wii fills the phrases at a MUCH higher rate than the 360 and almost auto-fills small little pitches that are nearly impossible to hit completely. I haven't played on the PS3 but I'd bet it's the same as the 360 just due to the sophistication of the console.

No way it would be fair to pit these consoles against each other.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm. No Easy or Medium squeezefests........WOT IS GOING ON!!!!

Looks like I'll be bottom feeding in GH3H & WorH. If I don't finish last then everyone else should be ashamed of themselves

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
Ba1r0g  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSham wrote:

Looks like I'll be bottom feeding in GH3H & WorH. If I don't finish last then everyone else should be ashamed of themselves

Oh no sham, don't poke the vocal minority... We already have enough people whining about the experts playing htar.

ketiun  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ba1r0g wrote:
DrSham wrote:

Oh no sham, don't poke the vocal minority... We already have enough people whining about the experts playing htar.

Damn, I thought I had signed up for xtar ;)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: ketiun
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't seem to squeeze GH3H nowadays, so I don't have high hopes for that to be honest... but WoRH should be interesting. Just as long as I beat Ba1r0g's score on at least ONE song. >__>

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss wrote:
I can't seem to squeeze GH3H nowadays, so I don't have high hopes for that to be honest... but WoRH should be interesting. Just as long as I beat Ba1r0g's score on at least ONE song. >__>

So my new goal is to NOT let you beat me on any song on WoR ;)

Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ba1r0g wrote:
So my new goal is to NOT let you beat me on any song on WoR ;)

Well, for now I'm still beating you on a couple (not including ones you haven't followed a path on) - but I know you're a better squeezer than me so that's why I want to beat you on at least one. If I can. *crosses fingers*

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that I will only be in the GHWoRXG league this season (sorry, newuser1234 ), and I've even been doubting that because I have lots of stuff to do in school (including a programming course called "problem solving and programming under pressure", which spams programming problems at me every week :p).

Ba1r0g wrote:
DrSham wrote:

At least I, scarecrow or eddaket aren't gonna be in GH3H anymore.

In the previous thread, SlasherManEXE wrote:
Looking forward to sort of a GH5 esque rematch on WoR, Bj0rn. I'm pulling out all the stops this time, should be interesting
Me too. You definitely did better than me in the squeezing department. Heck, did I beat you at anything that wasn't one of the harder songs? Granted, last season my focus was on GH3X, and GH5X always came in second hand, but GH3X will just be replaced by school work . I don't know if I can realistically aim for 1st place, but I'll try to make sure you place below me .

Anyway, it's time to dust my guitar off. I haven't really played since my GHWoR quest mode play through last September.
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: