ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
"Hall of Famer" achievement on GH4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nightsharky  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: "Hall of Famer" achievement on GH4 Reply with quote

Hi,

I just completed all songs (except satch boogie) on expert on World Tour. Originally I played "Hot for Teacher" on hard because I couldn't pass the intro on expert. I practiced it a bit and then beat the song on expert.

When I got the other 3 achievements, it was immediately after I beat Hot For Teacher (ie; the last act of bonus songs had not been done). So I assume I should get the Hall of Famer achievement.

Anyone know how I can get it?
zlinkneoXZ15  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Nodnod. It's because for many of the 'achievement checks,' the game was coded to do the check immediately after the song, BEFORE it's actually updated your profile to give you credit for having completed the song or acquired the Guitar part or whatever.

If you do the career "right" and have all the gigs completed at the same time you complete Times Square, it does an extra check before going into the 'bonus' song so you'll get the achievement then.

Otherwise you just need to complete one more song or full gig of any kind. It'll do the check again then and give you the achievement then, regardless of what instrument you're playing on at the time." - Svenyip

This seemed to be the most detailed answer when I googled your question.

Hope that helps, dude.

nightsharky  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I went and played another song (I switched the Xbox off after I beat Hot For Teacher) and I got the achievement after I completed a song in career mode.

Now if I can just pass Raining Blood on GH3 I've beaten all the expert modes on 1-4!
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightsharky wrote:
Thanks! I went and played another song (I switched the Xbox off after I beat Hot For Teacher) and I got the achievement after I completed a song in career mode.

Now if I can just pass Raining Blood on GH3 I've beaten all the expert modes on 1-4!

You haven't beaten Raining Blood but you've beaten TtFaF?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
TRiiG3RS  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
nightsharky wrote:

If he hasn't beaten Raining Blood then he hasn't even unlocked TTFAF.
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also remember, up through GH:A, "beating the game" consisted of passing all songs on the main setlist only - bonus and DLC not included. One could kinda also say this continued through the later games, only excluding on-disc GHTunes (which is a sort of "bonus" setlist, as it's separate from the licensed songs). I can't remember if either of the unlock all cheats give you TTFAF, though - I'm actually thinking it didn't, since in GH:A you had to legitimately unlock Pandora's Box (although I can't remember if the code unlocked it in the store or not, but I know that just the code alone doesn't give it to you ready to play) - and I can't remember if the same was true on GH3.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRiiG3RS wrote:
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
nightsharky wrote:

If he hasn't beaten Raining Blood then he hasn't even unlocked TTFAF.

Not true. He could've finished career on a lower difficulty already. Or he could've used a cheat.

LocalH wrote:
Also remember, up through GH:A, "beating the game" consisted of passing all songs on the main setlist only - bonus and DLC not included. One could kinda also say this continued through the later games, only excluding on-disc GHTunes (which is a sort of "bonus" setlist, as it's separate from the licensed songs). I can't remember if either of the unlock all cheats give you TTFAF, though - I'm actually thinking it didn't, since in GH:A you had to legitimately unlock Pandora's Box (although I can't remember if the code unlocked it in the store or not, but I know that just the code alone doesn't give it to you ready to play) - and I can't remember if the same was true on GH3.

I know. I guess the way I formulated my question was partly to show that I want to know if he's going for the career setlist with or without the bonus songs, and partly to show what I think *should* be regarded as "beating the game". No offense to nightsharky, though, I know that RaBl was a huge pain in the ass for me when I was still struggling to pass it.

EDIT: MASCOT! =)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
I know. I guess the way I formulated my question was partly to show that I want to know if he's going for the career setlist with or without the bonus songs, and partly to show what I think *should* be regarded as "beating the game". No offense to nightsharky, though, I know that RaBl was a huge pain in the ass for me when I was still struggling to pass it.

Agreed, I sure as hell remember how hard that used to be for me, even more so when I finally got consistent on Mosh 1 =P

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
nightsharky  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me beating the game is generally when the credits roll and you get the achievement for passing all expert songs. I don't live on Guitar Hero, it's taken me 2 years to get this far.

I have TTFaF unlocked from a lower difficulty, I don't really care about passing it. I practiced it for an afternoon once and got to somewhere around 18%, it's really not a goal of mine to finish this song or songs like Jordan on Guitar Hero 2. They are just too hard for me and I don't consider the effort to have a large enough pay off. I'm more than aware that in the scheme of things I am a very "lowly ranked player".
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how would you fail ttfaf at 18%? that does not compute....
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
dave0113  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonMan wrote:
how would you fail ttfaf at 18%? that does not compute....

I'm not sure, but what I think he meant was that he played the whole song in practice mode, and at the end only hit 18% of the total notes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure, it was somewhere around 18%, a part where it's a long stream and you have to keep tapping higher colours while strumming like a madman.

anyway, i realise the post you made was a complete troll post insinuating i did not make it to 18%, gj.
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nightsharky wrote:
anyway, i realise the post you made was a complete troll post insinuating i did not make it to 18%, gj.

I honestly don't think he was trolling. Most people fail at 0-3% in "They're Hammer-Ons" or, if they can pass that, they'll make it to the solos before failing. It's less likely for someone to fail at 18% than before or after, but obviously, it's not impossible as that's what happened to you. I've only passed that thing once (after MANY MANY attempts), and then I've never played it again.

As for Raining Blood. Beating that won't get you the achievement for beating the Expert career. You still will have to beat the Devil Went Down to Georgia battle.

On a side note, One was the song that caused me the most trouble in the Expert career.

Also, congratulations on unlocking the GHWT Expert achievement. I had a similar thing happen when I got to the Million Dollar Achievement. The song that crossed over 1,000,000 didn't unlock the achievement. I played one more song, and it popped.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: