ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S12: GHWoR Hard Guitar - Winner is psxfreak101!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: S12: GHWoR Hard Guitar - Winner is psxfreak101! Reply with quote

Welcome to Season 12 of Scorehero Leagues!

This thread is for discussion of the Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Hard Guitar League.

I, woozerkristen, will be running this league.

Week 1 Songs
If You Want Peace... Prepare For War
Money For Nothing
The Outsider
Uprising

All songs must be submitted Saturday Night by 11:59 PM Eastern (8:59PM Pacific). There is no way for us to add or edit scores. If you miss the deadline there is no way for your scores to be counted. If you typo your score, there is no way for us to fix it. Please be careful.

When submitting your scores, the following are now REQUIRED:
-Score
-Note Streak
-%
Failure to submit each of those field will result in a disqualified score!

Picture proof is optional during the regular season and required for playoffs. Proof is, however, encouraged at all levels of competition so that we can verify your scores easily and you can be sure to have them counted.

DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SCORES VIA PM!
We will be using http://www.scorehero.com/leagues for score submissions.

Where will results be posted? Results will be posted at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues. We will no longer be having result threads.

When will results be posted?
Results will be posted at 11:59 PM EST every Sunday night. This is 24 hours after the deadline. The first week, it may take a few extra days because of leagues needing to be split into divisions. Please be patient.

Playoffs

Playoffs will consist of around half the active participants in each league. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify your commissioner before the week 4 deadline. If you are unable to supply proof during playoffs please let your commissioner know so that your playoff slot can be given to another player.

Drop-Outs
Your actions affect other people, and not only do large numbers of dropouts make the leagues less fun for the people participating, but large numbers of dropouts encourage us to either wait long periods of time to run additional seasons or to choose not to run any more at all. Stick it out and you are helping to make it worth the time that goes into organizing it and are helping ensure that we do these again.

That said, we traditionally remove participants who do not submit scores for week 1. If you are going to miss week 1 but intend to submit other weeks, PM me so I know not to drop you.

Forum Conduct
For returning players, we will be running the same rules in the forum as seasons 9, 10, and 11. For those of you who are new, we allow and encourage open discussion of songs. You can talk about the songs, ask for help, post about how you hate the song..whatever.

What you are NOT allowed to post, is hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week.

We also ask that you do not post league-obtained scores on SH for the week. If you do, it is all too easy for your competition to just look it up.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread

Last edited by woozerkristen on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
TQSG  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed up for this thing in the last five minutes because I wasn't sure whether or not to sign up for it, and finally decided that I would. This is going to be the first league I ever participate in, so I hope I do moderately well. :P

Good luck to all, I'll be staying up to check out first songs. I hope to have a great deal of fun competing with all of you.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TQSG
conlan22  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just so everyone knows this is where you can find some paths for the songs http://pathhero.codemann8.com/view.php
dave0113  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just the motivation I need to enter scores for hard. Don't expect me to squeeze, I don't really like squeezing on post World Tour games. I will however do my best to hit all of the notes. Good luck everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really looking forward to going through all these songs. I'm aiming to win this league so I'll be putting the most effort into GHWoR Htar and slacking on GH3H. Look out everyone ;)

eddaket  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got all my scores in. I'll try to improve them, but I'm not sure how much I can...
TQSG  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-is terrified by the competition-

I've been trying to get a decent score on If You Want Peace... but the stupid select button on my WoRtar is really screwing me up. (I want my SG back. ;_;) I'm going to have to save more time after school to put some work into these songs.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TQSG
dave0113  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ba1r0g wrote:
I'll be putting the most effort into GHWoR Htar and slacking on GH3H. Look out everyone ;)

I'm doing the exact opposite, lol.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a huge workload this semester so I'll have about four hours a week to work on the songs so don't expect any amazing scores from me.
conlan22  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ba1r0g wrote:
I am really looking forward to going through all these songs. I'm aiming to win this league so I'll be putting the most effort into GHWoR Htar and slacking on GH3H. Look out everyone ;)

this wouldn't be because the GH3H league is loaded with squeezers compared to this league would it? ;)
Ba1r0g  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

conlan22 wrote:
Ba1r0g wrote:

this wouldn't be because the GH3H league is loaded with squeezers compared to this league would it? ;)

Yes, that does have a little to do with it but the main reason is because I am better at squeezing WoR then GH3 right now and I'm pretty sure I can get the FGFC on WoR if I really have to.

conlan22  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of these songs are really frustrating me...
dave0113  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm done. There's plenty of room for improvement with my scores, but I'm just not willing to play the songs anymore. I guess we'll see how I stack up against everyone else once results come out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay well since everyone keeps giving their updates here's mine. I'm done "Uprising." Yup.... That's it..... Just one song.... but good luck beating that score!

infinitefluff  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

conlan22 wrote:
A couple of these songs are really frustrating me...

I feel that frustration. I think it's almost a blessing for me as far as that goes because I've never even attempted to squeeze, and am just starting to really pay attention to my paths. So if I manage an FC, that's pretty much as good as it's gonna get for me, and I can move on to the next song...sadly I seem unable to reproduce this level of performance for the GH3H league. Is it actually harder for everybody, or is it just that I started on that game, and so can remember the intimidation I felt when seeing Hard for the first time?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: