ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S12: GHWoR Vocals League - Arvain & Wooffus Win!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:24 am    Post subject: S12: GHWoR Vocals League - Arvain & Wooffus Win! Reply with quote

Welcome to Season 12 of Scorehero Leagues!

This thread is for discussion of the Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Vocals League (open difficulty).

I, woozerkristen, will be running this league.

Note: due to scoring differences between the scoring engines, there will be two divisions in this league, with Wii split from PS3/360. I will be looking up which system you enter scores for, so if you play on multiple systems or are playing for leagues on a different system than normal, please PM me to let me know which division you should be in. If it is determined you are playing on a different system than the division you are in, you will be disqualified.

Week 1 Songs
Again
Black Rain
Losing My Religion
Setting Fire To Sleeping Giants

All songs must be submitted Saturday Night by 11:59 PM Eastern (8:59PM Pacific). There is no way for us to add or edit scores. If you miss the deadline there is no way for your scores to be counted. If you typo your score, there is no way for us to fix it. Please be careful.

When submitting your scores, the following are now REQUIRED:
-Score
-Note Streak
-%
Failure to submit each of those field will result in a disqualified score!

Picture proof is optional during the regular season and required for playoffs. Proof is, however, encouraged at all levels of competition so that we can verify your scores easily and you can be sure to have them counted.

DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SCORES VIA PM!
We will be using http://www.scorehero.com/leagues for score submissions.

Where will results be posted? Results will be posted at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues. We will no longer be having result threads.

When will results be posted?
Results will be posted at 11:59 PM EST every Sunday night. This is 24 hours after the deadline. The first week, it may take a few extra days because of leagues needing to be split into divisions. Please be patient.

Playoffs

Playoffs will consist of around half the active participants in each league. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify your commissioner before the week 4 deadline. If you are unable to supply proof during playoffs please let your commissioner know so that your playoff slot can be given to another player.

Drop-Outs
Your actions affect other people, and not only do large numbers of dropouts make the leagues less fun for the people participating, but large numbers of dropouts encourage us to either wait long periods of time to run additional seasons or to choose not to run any more at all. Stick it out and you are helping to make it worth the time that goes into organizing it and are helping ensure that we do these again.

That said, we traditionally remove participants who do not submit scores for week 1. If you are going to miss week 1 but intend to submit other weeks, PM me so I know not to drop you.

Forum Conduct
For returning players, we will be running the same rules in the forum as seasons 9, 10, and 11. For those of you who are new, we allow and encourage open discussion of songs. You can talk about the songs, ask for help, post about how you hate the song..whatever.

What you are NOT allowed to post, is hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week.

We also ask that you do not post league-obtained scores on SH for the week. If you do, it is all too easy for your competition to just look it up.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread

Last edited by woozerkristen on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is my name not in the list? I signed up weeks ago.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You had to Re-sign in.
Does anyone know paths....
I'm screwed

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ is right, the signups consist in 2 rounds, the first is to decide the leagues with enough signups that will go to the second round, when you'll have to re-signup.

Setting Fire to Sleep Giants - one of those songs to be done right after waking up - is nothing close to the headache that will be Again. This will be a nasty week, with at least one really tough squeeze per song, giving even more bright to the idea of splitting the league in Wii and PS360 divisions. And it also makes me glad I failed to get RB3 in time to be able to sign on that league - a lot of time will be wasted to get decent scores here.

Edit: like I did on the RB2 league on the past season, my 2 cents about each song.

Again - My first and only Performance Mode FC, yet the worst song in the week, scoring-wise. Good luck with the squeezing, folks!
Black Rain - Another stingy song as far as squeezing goes, one of those songs that are only hard if sang on original octave
Losing My Religion - My personal favorite from this week. Ticks are gonna be interesting to get; one of the activation squeezes, not as much.
Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants - Trickiest FC in the week, I still don't know the path for this song. Trying to sing the low notes from the 3rd verse right after waking up will be interesting

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I going to have to figure out the paths or is there somewhere that people have created optimal ones already?

Edit - Found the sp path thread on technique forum so nevermind

Last edited by llamaman2 on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
werelord  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be interesting. But odd songs

Again is simply a matter of breath control, Black Rain I just need to duplicate my amazing SRGlobal1st path(not 1st anymore but w/e) and the other two could take some work. But, oh well first leauges for me so if nothing else it should be interesting.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I got done with my first session already. Having never heard SFTSG before I need to listen to that more to get the pitches because its hard to guess. The others are going to go through some more tick collecting because I've improved my ticks each time so it can't hurt to try some more.
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attention everyone!

If you're playing SFTSG, please write down the path so we can update the vocal path forum after this week.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
Attention everyone!

If you're playing SFTSG, please write down the path so we can update the vocal path forum after this week.

I got the path I'll give it to you after this week.

Also, just to make sure after this week we can submit the scores we got to SH correct?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, You "could" do it now, but that's not practical...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k. Im on Wii, jsyk.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay found the path for SFTSG!

BUT, a little birdy told me that the Again path isn't correct.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:

BUT, a little birdy told me that the Again path isn't correct.

Little birdie was right it's completely different, but it's an awesome path

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid low parts in sftsg
arvain  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will do Sick of ticks !!

Finding and trying out different paths = tons of fun though

For SFTSG I have to sing an octave higher so that I can hit those "stupid low parts" properly. Ticks are awful on this song At least invisible ticks on Again were cool (cause I like the song a lot, that must be it x) ).

Anyway, done with this week, that should be ok. At least it makes me redux lol !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: