ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S12: GHWoR Drums League
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: S12: GHWoR Drums League Reply with quote

Welcome to Season 12 of Scorehero Leagues!

This thread is for discussion of the Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Drums league (open difficulty).

blingdomepiece will be running this league.

Playoffs have started.

There is no way for us to add or edit scores. If you miss the deadline there is no way for your scores to be counted. If you typo your score, there is no way for us to fix it. Please be careful.

When submitting your scores, the following are now REQUIRED:
-Score
-Note Streak
-%
Failure to submit each of those field will result in a disqualified score!

Picture proof is optional during the regular season and required for playoffs. Proof is, however, encouraged at all levels of competition so that we can verify your scores easily and you can be sure to have them counted.

DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SCORES VIA PM!
We will be using http://www.scorehero.com/leagues for score submissions.

Where will results be posted? Results will be posted at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues. We will no longer be having result threads.

When will results be posted?
Results will be posted at 11:59 PM EST every Sunday night. This is 24 hours after the deadline. The first week, it may take a few extra days because of leagues needing to be split into divisions. Please be patient.

Playoffs

Playoffs will consist of around half the active participants in each league. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify your commissioner before the week 4 deadline. If you are unable to supply proof during playoffs please let your commissioner know so that your playoff slot can be given to another player.

Drop-Outs
Your actions affect other people, and not only do large numbers of dropouts make the leagues less fun for the people participating, but large numbers of dropouts encourage us to either wait long periods of time to run additional seasons or to choose not to run any more at all. Stick it out and you are helping to make it worth the time that goes into organizing it and are helping ensure that we do these again.

That said, we traditionally remove participants who do not submit scores for week 1. If you are going to miss week 1 but intend to submit other weeks, PM me so I know not to drop you.

Forum Conduct
For returning players, we will be running the same rules in the forum as seasons 9, 10, and 11. For those of you who are new, we allow and encourage open discussion of songs. You can talk about the songs, ask for help, post about how you hate the song..whatever.

What you are NOT allowed to post, is hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week.

We also ask that you do not post league-obtained scores on SH for the week. If you do, it is all too easy for your competition to just look it up.

Last edited by blingdomepiece on Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:00 am; edited 2 times in total
arvain  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and I WALK right... THROUGH the DOOoor, waaalk riiight throuuugh THEe DOOOR !!

Lol, woot, been ages since I last drum'd on WoR ! Jumped on the occasion to play since my neighbour wasn't here and entered scores. We'll see if I get another chance during the week, so at least the main thing is done.

Good luck drummers !
graymatterpdx  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be clear: Expert+ is not permitted in this league, correct? I thought I read that somewhere during the sign-up phase but thought it would be worth clarifying.
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, no expert+.

I'm excited!
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

graymatterpdx wrote:
To be clear: Expert+ is not permitted in this league, correct? I thought I read that somewhere during the sign-up phase but thought it would be worth clarifying.

I can confirm that Expert+ is not permitted in this league.
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So anyone have any idea on the path for Been Caught Stealin? You don't have to share it but that one is not one I'm really sure of at all.

Edit - My guess is 2-3(1)-2(1) but activation spots aren't something I have any idea of. Or maybe the path is different I don't really know...
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my scores have been entered :3

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
Predator  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, just some fine-tuning left

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter between 4 lanes and 5 lanes right? Because I use Ions.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ApexxeqA wrote:

Use however many lanes you like. I believe the optimal score for some (all) songs is higher on 5 though.
Confury  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time using any path on GH songs on drums before, really weird. Anyway, only played Been Caught Stealing once since I both don't like the song or chart. Solid run though. Solid on TTB aswell.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
ApexxeqA wrote:

Use however many lanes you like. I believe the optimal score for some (all) songs is higher on 5 though.

From GH5 on, optimal scores are equal for any kit that supports velocity sensitivity, be it either 4-lane or 5-lane (there's no more 'bonus' for orange notes as well). This definitely makes GH:WoR more interesting for leagues than any pre-GH5 game on drums
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Fury of the Storm already? I'm glad to get it out of the way this early, tbh... hands down my worst song in the game, it'd better not had me lose during play-offs

WarlordTm wrote:
From GH5 on, optimal scores are equal for any kit that supports velocity sensitivity, be it either 4-lane or 5-lane

Come to think of it, some songs will score differently, depending on what kit you're playing. Assume an activation on an orange+bass note; if you're on 5-lane, you can activate over it (yellow+orange), squeeze the bass note under SP, but hit the orange note outside of SP because you're using it to activate. If you're on 4-lane, you activate using yellow+blue, however, any orange notes are replaced by green notes. Hence, orange+bass notes on 5-lane are equivalent to green+bass on 4-lane, making it possible to get the bass note *and* the green note under SP, since you're not using the green note to activate SP, unlike when you'd play 5-lane. This gives 4-laners a small advantage of 200 points per activation on any orange notes, while (vice versa) 5-laners get a small advantage of 200 points per activation on any blue notes. However, be there hardly any activations on blue notes (at least not in most optimal paths), 4-laners definitely have an advantage over 5-lane players for most songs, since a lot of optimal activations are done on orange/green notes.

Just thought I'd throw it out there, I'm not sure how/if this will affect the rankings though, since it's only important to people who squeeze on a regular basis (aka, arvain and myself, maybe others? )

Whoops, double post... sorry about that
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
LaMu2560  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it intended that only expert must be done in this round?
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you serious? FOTS already? Now I actually have to work. I don't think I'll get away with FCing all of the songs with mediocre paths this week like I did last week

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: