ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S12: GH3 Expert Guitar League - Sammy90 & TXSilvercloud Win!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: S12: GH3 Expert Guitar League - Sammy90 & TXSilvercloud Reply with quote

Welcome to Season 12 of Scorehero Leagues!

This thread is for discussion of the Guitar Hero 3 Expert Guitar League.

I, Kubuh, will be running this league. Provided enough of the participants who signed up submit scores during week one, this league should be split into either two or three divisions dependent on skill level. This will encourage more even levels of competition.

Week 4 Songs
Monsters
One
Ruby
She Bangs the Drums

All songs must be submitted Saturday Night by 11:59 PM Eastern (8:59PM Pacific). If you miss the deadline there is no way for your scores to be counted. If you typo your score, we can only fix it if you include picture proof, so including it even if you don't have to is a good idea! Please be careful.

When submitting your scores, the following are now REQUIRED:
-Score
-Note Streak
-%
Failure to submit each of those field will result in a disqualified score!

Picture proof is optional during the regular season and required for playoffs. Proof is, however, encouraged at all levels of competition so that we can verify your scores easily and you can be sure to have them counted.

DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SCORES VIA PM!
We will be using http://www.scorehero.com/leagues for score submissions.

Where will results be posted? Results will be posted at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues. We will no longer be having result threads.

When will results be posted?
Results will be posted at 11:59 PM EST every Sunday night. This is 24 hours after the deadline. The first week, it may take a few extra days because of leagues needing to be split into divisions. Please be patient.

Playoffs

Playoffs will consist of around half the active participants in each league. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify your commissioner before the week 4 deadline. If you are unable to supply proof during playoffs please let your commissioner know so that your playoff slot can be given to another player.

Drop-Outs
Your actions affect other people, and not only do large numbers of dropouts make the leagues less fun for the people participating, but large numbers of dropouts encourage us to either wait long periods of time to run additional seasons or to choose not to run any more at all. Stick it out and you are helping to make it worth the time that goes into organizing it and are helping ensure that we do these again.

That said, we traditionally remove participants who do not submit scores for week 1. If you are going to miss week 1 but intend to submit other weeks, PM me so I know not to drop you.

Forum Conduct
For returning players, we will be running the same rules in the forum as seasons 9, 10, and 11. For those of you who are new, we allow and encourage open discussion of songs. You can talk about the songs, ask for help, post about how you hate the song..whatever.

What you are NOT allowed to post, is hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week.

We also ask that you do not post league-obtained scores on SH for the week. If you do, it is all too easy for your competition to just look it up.

Last edited by Kubuh on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:26 pm; edited 4 times in total
trevster10  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for running this league Kubuh!

Can't wait to get started! (Although my arch nemesis - The Metal - was picked in the first round )

Goals -
45 GH3X FC's [X]
50 GH3X FC's [ ]
GH3X FG5* [66/70]
Come join my GH3 rivalry!
Need your "Leagues" fix? Come join the Summer Leagues!
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh!

This week shouldn't be bad. Let's hope my copy for the PS2 decides to not be ghey.

Any way we can get a complete roster list, or is that saved for when the results are up?

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
aikaline  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, not that bad for first week songs, NfmH is really going to really separate the divisions I'm sure. I'm sure squeezing ability will have a lot to do with it also, especially with divisions 1 and 2 (or maybe even a 3rd division). Oh well good luck everyone =)

SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol 3 songs that could end up in MULTIPLE ties all in the same week. I probably wont get any of them, just because I'm terrible at this engine. Just doing this league for fun anyways >.> NFMH should go down though, I'm surprised I haven't made up for my 20 billion -1's on that song yet

Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xtremecarbon wrote:
Kubuh!

This week shouldn't be bad. Let's hope my copy for the PS2 decides to not be ghey.

Any way we can get a complete roster list, or is that saved for when the results are up?

I'd be fine with giving it out if it was shorter but with 107 people and no idea how many that'll actually submit scores for week 1 I don't really see a point with it :P

You can always ask around or hope people post in here

Edit: Or go and check the standings, there should be a link to that under Running Leagues.

Last edited by Kubuh on Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
ferdy  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's start
GH5--> 78 of 85
GH: Greatest Hits--> 44 of 48
GH: Metallica--> 36 of 49
GH:WT--> 70 of 86
GH3--> 66 of 70 (67 100%... BMW sucks...)
GH2--> 56 of 74
BH--> 65 of 65

MY VIDEOS--> http://es.youtube.com/user/Prad0
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: ferdy vk PSN Name: ferdy_vk
Roenja89  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, I am soooooo happy with the leagues!! And the amount of people in GH3X is awesome!! YAY!!

That is all.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we get three songs that will likely result in ties? This should be awesome, especially considering how bad I am at the second activation in School's Out and the bridge activation in The Metal. Add to that the fact that I seemingly can't FC NFMH when using a path (seriously, the last time I played it as a warm-up song I FCed it with no trouble but when I went back later to FC it with a good path [which would have been my fourth FC] I couldn't do so for the life of me) and you've got yourself a freakin' fantastic week >.<
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
elScarecrow  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inb4 someone claims to hit the last squeeze on The Metal and gets DQd
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ESC57
TxSilvercloud  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, 107 people, that's awesome! This is by far the biggest league i've ever been in.

also happy Nfmh was picked, i recently got a lot better at it and now i've got an excuse to grind the shit out of it I won't get the FC i'm sure, but i should be able to raise my score quite a lot.
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kubuh, I found the list of people. 107 people...I'm thinking this league will be divided up. That's a lot of people . Hopefully I'll make it into the upper bracket but these days you never know. Hope everyone performs well this week kinda worried about Shon and AdamHero lol

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh God, Nothing For Me Here is gonna be the toughy. I think that song will split the great from really great this week...

Shaffx95  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine, 4 songs that i can FC.

But my guitar is being an ass these days, it is double-strumming a lot. I hope it "fix itself", or i'm not going to be classified for the AA division.

The Rock Band Master FC Breakdown Project: RB1 RB2
My Youtube Account: Click Here
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fhdra wrote:
Oh God, Nothing For Me Here is gonna be the toughy. I think that song will split the great from really great this week...

My hands hurt already. Haha. I'm eager to post how I'm doing but thats a no no.

My Accomplishments
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: