ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S12: GHWoR Bass League - Winner is superspaz117!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: S12: GHWoR Bass League - Winner is superspaz117! Reply with quote

Welcome to Season 12 of Scorehero Leagues!

This thread is for discussion of the Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock Expert Bass League.

I, psxfreak101, will be running this league.

Week 1 Songs
Been Caught Stealing
Bleed It Out
Fury Of The Storm
We're Not Gonna Take It

All songs must be submitted Saturday Night by 11:59 PM Eastern (8:59PM Pacific). There is no way for us to add scores. If you miss the deadline there is no way for your scores to be counted. If you typo your score, we can only fix it if you include picture proof, so including it even if you don't have to is a good idea!

When submitting your scores, the following are now REQUIRED:
-Score
-Note Streak
-%
Failure to submit each of those field will result in a disqualified score!

Picture proof is optional during the regular season and required for playoffs. Proof is, however, encouraged at all levels of competition so that we can verify your scores easily and you can be sure to have them counted.

DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SCORES VIA PM!
We will be using http://www.scorehero.com/leagues for score submissions.

Where will results be posted? Results will be posted at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues. We will no longer be having result threads.

When will results be posted?
Results will be posted at 11:59 PM EST every Sunday night. This is 24 hours after the deadline. The first week, it may take a few extra days because of leagues needing to be split into divisions. Please be patient.

Playoffs

Playoffs will consist of around half the active participants in each league. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify your commissioner before the week 4 deadline. If you are unable to supply proof during playoffs please let your commissioner know so that your playoff slot can be given to another player.

Drop-Outs
Your actions affect other people, and not only do large numbers of dropouts make the leagues less fun for the people participating, but large numbers of dropouts encourage us to either wait long periods of time to run additional seasons or to choose not to run any more at all. Stick it out and you are helping to make it worth the time that goes into organizing it and are helping ensure that we do these again.

That said, we traditionally remove participants who do not submit scores for week 1. If you are going to miss week 1 but intend to submit other weeks, PM me so I know not to drop you.

Forum Conduct
For returning players, we will be running the same rules in the forum as seasons 9, 10, and 11. For those of you who are new, we allow and encourage open discussion of songs. You can talk about the songs, ask for help, post about how you hate the song..whatever.

What you are NOT allowed to post, is hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week.

We also ask that you do not post league-obtained scores on SH for the week. If you do, it is all too easy for your competition to just look it up.
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

Last edited by psxfreak101 on Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:53 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

staying up to find out the songs, and once I wake up in the morning, this party is starting, I am aiming for numero uno, anyone want to try and stop me?

P.S, I am taking no one lightly, I am squeezing the shit out of every song

EDIT: songs are as follows

Bleed It Out
We're Not Gonna Take It
Been Caught Stealing
Fury of The Storm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superspaz117 wrote:
staying up to find out the songs, and once I wake up in the morning, this party is starting, I am aiming for numero uno, anyone want to try and stop me?

Of course I'd like to try and stop you... It'll be difficult though, given your rep...

Ah, I'll just have some kickass fun these leagues!!

I don't like Been Caught Stealing...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roenja89 wrote:
superspaz117 wrote:

Of course I'd like to try and stop you... It'll be difficult though, given your rep...
of course you should try, the more competition the better

Ah, I'll just have some kickass fun these leagues!!
damn right you will, as will I

me neither

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to all of you! I've joined this league to get myself a kick in the butt to start playing GH WoR bass.

I have no illusion about being competitive though, so my personal goal is to FC as many songs as possible with a somewhat decent path. Hopefully that will keep me out of the last place

Been caught steeling was a wtf moment to begin with by the way. Once I figured out how to approach the chart though it was actually quite natural to play. If I only could get consistent with the fast alt-strumming in Fury of the storm... I guess there is nothing more to do than practice some more?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time I actually play in a league.
My skill is to low to go for expert guitar so going to try and do my best to get some fc's on bass.
Goal is not to be last

PS: Good luck to all
TxSilvercloud  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roenja89 wrote:
superspaz117 wrote:

me neither

Having played it, and as a logical continuation of that, having thrown my guitar across the room while muttering curses under my breath avowing vengeance upon this chart, I officially announce that I, too, don't like Been Caught Stealing.

Fury of the Storm is okay though
Roenja89  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the NICK OF TIME!!! Happy to have entered all the scores... Due to moving and such there was no real time this week... But it's done...

They're crap, but it's done...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The week is over, so here are my scores

Been Caught Stealing - 225336 (1st on xbl)
Bleed It Out - 108278 tied (1st on xbl)
Fury of The Storm - 662879 (1st on xbl)
We're Not Gonna Take It - 230797 (1st on xbl)

*activate smug mode*

so if I am right that is a 400 for me lol

and the new songs are:
Chemical Warfare
Money For Nothing
Sudden Death
What Do I Get? *pukes*

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superspaz117 wrote:
The week is over, so here are my scores

Been Caught Stealing - 225336 (1st on xbl)
Bleed It Out - 108278 tied (1st on xbl)
Fury of The Storm - 662879 (1st on xbl)
We're Not Gonna Take It - 230797 (1st on xbl)

*activate smug mode*

so if I am right that is a 400 for me lol

So based on your scores... and then my scores... Hmmz...
Since you've beaten me on every song... by a great margin...

Hmmz...

So if I am right that is no 400 for me then

(How am I gonna compete with you when you squeeeeeeeze like that? )

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All quiet in the bass league huh?

I must say I was a bit surprised by last week's result. I sure didn't expect to be in fifth place overall with the scores I submitted. Especially with my poor attempt to master the Dragonforce chart...

Maybe I will have to revise my goal and aspire for a playoff spot... or perhaps the result this week will put me back to reality again.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe all of those are 1st place

EDIT: next songs are

2112 Pt. 7 - Grand Finale
Bloodlines
Listen To Her Heart
This Day We Fight!

..... well at least I have 1 fun song to work with :P

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be a tough week for me. 2112 pt7 is no pushover, and This Day We Fight will be a struggle since I couldn't even pass the intro on my sightread

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 things to say

1. yay for 400 points

2. WHAT THE FUCK!?! only 13 people submitted scores this week, where the hell has everyone been?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

superspaz117 wrote:
2 things to say

1. yay for 400 points

Congratz! I think you have this league wrapped up pretty well looking at the competition.

superspaz117 wrote:

2. WHAT THE FUCK!?! only 13 people submitted scores this week, where the hell has everyone been?

Yeah, that's sad. We weren't many to begin with and with this rate of dropouts it looks like everyone will get into the playoffs...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: