ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S12: GH3 Hard Guitar League - Winner is LlamaYip!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: S12: GH3 Hard Guitar League - Winner is LlamaYip! Reply with quote

Welcome to Season 12 of Scorehero Leagues!

This thread is for discussion of the Guitar Hero 3 Hard Guitar League.

I, Kubuh, will be running this league.

Week 4 Songs
Black Sunshine
Closer
Knights of Cydonia
Minus Celcius

All songs must be submitted Saturday Night by 11:59 PM Eastern (8:59PM Pacific). If you miss the deadline there is no way for your scores to be counted. If you typo your score, we can only fix it if you include picture proof, so including it even if you don't have to is a good idea! Please be careful.

When submitting your scores, the following are now REQUIRED:
-Score
-Note Streak
-%
Failure to submit each of those field will result in a disqualified score!

Picture proof is optional during the regular season and required for playoffs. Proof is, however, encouraged at all levels of competition so that we can verify your scores easily and you can be sure to have them counted.

DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR SCORES VIA PM!
We will be using http://www.scorehero.com/leagues for score submissions.

Where will results be posted? Results will be posted at http://www.scorehero.com/leagues. We will no longer be having result threads.

When will results be posted?
Results will be posted at 11:59 PM EST every Sunday night. This is 24 hours after the deadline. The first week, it may take a few extra days because of leagues needing to be split into divisions. Please be patient.

Playoffs

Playoffs will consist of around half the active participants in each league. In order to be placed into playoffs, you MUST submit scores for Week 4, or if for some reason you are unable to submit you must notify your commissioner before the week 4 deadline. If you are unable to supply proof during playoffs please let your commissioner know so that your playoff slot can be given to another player.

Drop-Outs
Your actions affect other people, and not only do large numbers of dropouts make the leagues less fun for the people participating, but large numbers of dropouts encourage us to either wait long periods of time to run additional seasons or to choose not to run any more at all. Stick it out and you are helping to make it worth the time that goes into organizing it and are helping ensure that we do these again.

That said, we traditionally remove participants who do not submit scores for week 1. If you are going to miss week 1 but intend to submit other weeks, PM me so I know not to drop you.

Forum Conduct
For returning players, we will be running the same rules in the forum as seasons 9, 10, and 11. For those of you who are new, we allow and encourage open discussion of songs. You can talk about the songs, ask for help, post about how you hate the song..whatever.

What you are NOT allowed to post, is hints on your scores. Do not post your current score, do not post a hint about your scores, do not even post if you full combo'd a song or got a specific percentage. Talk of this nature only serves to either fuel your competition, or discourage others. Everybody will know what everybody else got at the end of the week.

We also ask that you do not post league-obtained scores on SH for the week. If you do, it is all too easy for your competition to just look it up.

Last edited by Kubuh on Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:16 pm; edited 5 times in total
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoo, I bet Cherub Rock's going to have more OSs and 99%s than FCs.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diagnosis tiem.

Avalancha
Well I have a fairly decent score on this one although I missed a 400 that I should get, so hopefully a good run of this gives me that squeeze and some more ticks, so that would translate to 375.4K... I think I'll spend the least amount of time on this one.

Can't Be Saved
Ugh... there's a double on this song that SlowHero doesn't have. I've tried getting it before but it's incredibly hard for me and I don't see myself getting it at all lol. Burnout, BA and Newuser have absolutely insane ticks on this song too that I would never imagine would be possible so I may have already reached my personal ceiling for this song. ._.

Cherub Rock
One of my best scores, I have 4th on 360 and 5th overall. I always have trouble with the 2nd to last activation so whether or not I actually beat my score depends on how I hit that activation.

The Way It Ends
This is a crazy song to really try and squeeze every activation... I think I can MAAAYBE 2 or even 3 doubles... Maybe.. but I still doubt that happening.

Hopefully my Wii works with all these song

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose this gives me an excuse to actually FC Cherub Rock. >__>

Can't Be Saved - I can hardly ever squeeze that O note. Avalancha is an annoying path (too many activations for my liking) and I've only recently FC'd TWiE so I guess I should follow the path properly for that!

Good luck to all & stuff!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So im feeling pretty confident about 3/4 of the songs... I can squeeze some more out of Cherub, CBS, Avalancha. I'm worried about The Way it Ends cause I always seem to get off beat when playing that song when I am usually pretty good at keeping a beat.. We shall see. Best of luck to everyone in this league. The point of this league is to get better, and if you accomplish that, then the league was a success!

like if you take an orange and jab forks into either side, it's not an orange any more....it's some kind of cyborg fruit

ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bigwilly13x
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chemmajr wrote:
Best of luck to everyone in this league. The point of this league is to get better, and if you accomplish that, then the league was a success!

that was my main point signing up in this league. i so sucked back then in GH3 Hard, it was ridiculous. now is the time to see if i improved since all those years.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avalancha - I haven't played this one in a while, I may pull out an FC, or come close.
Can't Be Saved - Now I need to Re-FC this.
Cherub Rock - Outro = . I need to get the solo and not make any dumb misses in the meantime.
The Way it Ends - One of my worst songs. This'll be an arm-killing grind. I'm not even close to an FC .

Well, best of luck to everyone. I'm here to improve and have fun.

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
Proud Christian: If you are a Christian, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Christians are on ScoreHero!
***My Accomplishments: 67 RB2 H Guitar FCs!***
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BlueTornadoSH
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avalancha - god dammit I hate this path. I missed so many squeezes the last time I reduxed it. >_< Fuuuuuun.

Can't Be Saved - I so hate the double squeeze that shouldn't even be possible. Yeah this'll be a fun one too.

Cherub Rock - I think I missed 800 or something when I reduxed this for 8* a while back. dunnolol.jpg

The Way It Ends - Well, I've needed to redux this for a while so I guess I'll get that done, but it's just such a long song with such arbitrarily placed activations I dislike it. Woooot.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
dave0113  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a new commitment that is going to be eating up a lot of my time, so I won't be able to put 100% effort into each score. I will do my best though with the time that I am able to play. Good luck everyone.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So happy I dropped this league. My TWIE score is balls.

Good luck to you all. If TTFAF comes up, I'll grind it with all you guys
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddaket wrote:
So happy I dropped this league. My TWIE score is balls.

Good luck to you all. If TTFAF comes up, I'll grind it with all you guys
Lol... is this suppose to make me feel better about myself?

Somehow, my Wii worked today and my guitar stopped acting strangely so I've gotten scores in for all four songs now... this gives me a week to improve all of them, even though I won't play probably until Saturday night. I'm still feeling fairly confident about this week, however, and I think I sort of lucked out with four songs which I was still capable of getting good scores on. Obviously, one of them (TWIE) leaves a lot of room for improvement, and after playing it today I feel like I have a long way to go on that one but we'll see what I'm able to do by the end of this week.

Good luck everyone.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since everyone is breaking the songs down, i might as well

Avalancha - lol this song is dumb but easy to squeeze

Can't be Saved - extra 400 is out of my league so I'll probably settle for good ticks

Cherub Rock - great song but 2nd to last activation is annoying

The Way It Ends - i'll be using the 80% path for this one

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got scores in for all 4 songs, hopefully I'll have time to improve them at some point. As of right now I don't think any of them will be good enough to get the job done. I agree with newuser about the second to last activation in Cherub Rock, it's kind of difficult to time it right.

Edit: Also, I have a piece of advice some of you might find helpful. For the outro in Cherub Rock, if you find you are overstrumming, try using the hopos, it's a little awkward at first but it's not too bad once you get the hang of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that, looking at everyone's predictions for their score, I'll be lucky to get anywhere close to last place :P Damn guys are just too good squeezers
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: ketiun
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ketiun wrote:
I guess that, looking at everyone's predictions for their score, I'll be lucky to get anywhere close to last place :P Damn guys are just too good squeezers

dont be too sure, i cant even FC most of the song in GH3. remember the point of leagues is too bump up your current score. the competition comes 2nd (for me at least).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 1 of 22

Jump to: