ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
In A.D. 2011 Leagues Were Beginning
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:02 pm    Post subject: In A.D. 2011 Leagues Were Beginning Reply with quote

Just a friendly reminder if you signed up for Season 12 of leagues, Week 1 is now underway and you should be checking the Leagues page each week to see which songs you need to play and how you did the previous week. League participation rate is the number one criteria we use to determine if they have been successful, and more importantly than that, the more people participate in the leagues they've signed up for, the more fun it is for everyone involved. So start grinding, and don't forget to submit each week.
Ba1r0g  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh don't worry, the grinding is well under way... and nowhere near done XD

Quinn00001  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:28 am    Post subject: Scorehero League: Season 13 possibility Reply with quote

Would anyone, by chance, have an idea on whether a Scorehero League: Season 13 is being discussed, or is in the works?
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Scorehero League: Season 13 possibility Reply with quote

Quinn00001 wrote:
Would anyone, by chance, have an idea on whether a Scorehero League: Season 13 is being discussed, or is in the works?

Nothing's been discussed and I doubt we will see any new ones before any new games are released, for multiple reasons.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Scorehero League: Season 13 possibility Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
Quinn00001 wrote:

Nothing's been discussed and I doubt we will see any new ones before any new games are released, for multiple reasons.

(read: this means that leagues are dead.)
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
sukergod  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Scorehero League: Season 13 possibility Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
Kubuh wrote:
Quinn00001 wrote:

They dont have to be dead, you just need to severly reduce the leagues available. If we only had GH:WOR and RB3 leagues for say guitar then thats 2 leagues. Then 6 months from now have something different say drums.

Granted yes they are pretty much dead so its mostly a lost hope.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happy to run some leagues. Just need a couple other people to step up and (the big thing) JCirri to be available for technical assistance.
sukergod  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
I'd be happy to run some leagues. Just need a couple other people to step up and (the big thing) JCirri to be available for technical assistance.

I would agree that JC would need to have the time free in order to do it which Im not sure he would be since we dont see him post around here much more. I couldhelp out if needed, but the big thing to me is no more then 1 or 2 leagues. Most people around here play most instruments so only doing guitar one season just means the drums people can have a go at guitar for a change and vice versa later on. With only 2 leagues (one for each game), we could get a decent amount of people to play and be committed to each one)
Quinn00001  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Leagues Reply with quote

You can count me in for helping out if needed. I would definitely agree that cutting down to two leagues would be a good thing. As for participants, I can round up about 15 or so people that would gladly take part in this if it got off the ground. At this point, though the notion of the old tour groups from the guitar hero community is almost laughable, iDENTiTY CRiSiS is still alive and well. We have between 20-30 people always up for tournaments.

Anyway, point is, I would be happy to help out.
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main problem is still what always happens, everyone sounds so excited for leagues then about 75% drop out either before playoffs or during playoffs, this becomes less of a problem with new games only because there are so much more people actually playing then but if you have a league with about 20 people and over 50% drop out then it just doesn't work.

All in all I'd definitely be up for a new season, I just don't think it's worth it at this point in time.

Also JC being available isn't a choice, it's a must so in the end it will always be up to him. :P

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Scorehero League: Season 13 possibility Reply with quote

sukergod wrote:
this1neguy wrote:
Kubuh wrote:
Quinn00001 wrote:

They dont have to be dead, you just need to severly reduce the leagues available. If we only had GH:WOR and RB3 leagues for say guitar then thats 2 leagues. Then 6 months from now have something different say drums.

Granted yes they are pretty much dead so its mostly a lost hope.

I like the idea of rotating leagues. Even for us users who aren't heavily involved in them when they are going on, it sounds like something cool to discuss. Sort of like baseball season ending or football starting up.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
The main problem is still what always happens, everyone sounds so excited for leagues then about 75% drop out either before playoffs or during playoffs, this becomes less of a problem with new games only because there are so much more people actually playing then but if you have a league with about 20 people and over 50% drop out then it just doesn't work.

I think the problem is that you have people who are interested in leagues, but only if it's guitar and not bass, and only if it's GH5 and not GHWOR, and only if there's two divisions and they can be in the lower one with some decent players but still have a strong chance of winning, and only if there's DLC, and only ... etc. etc. etc. Even when the site was at its peak traffic, I think the model of "you can have whatever league you want" cannot possibly work out for everyone.

And then because we're not allowed to admit that someone else might occasionally actually beat us on our best day, we have to drop out because the dog chewed through the controller wire or Mom threw out the Xbox.

So I think If people sign up on the basis of "This isn't exactly what I want but it's good enough, it will be fun to work on my scores or try to finish ahead of my friends who signed up even if I don't win", then I think drop-outs wouldn't be so bad and people will have fun. I've been in a few leagues and I've never been close to winning any of them. It's still possible to enjoy them that way.

(This might be a wasted rant because anyone actually reading these posts and wanting to have leagues probably realizes all this).
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 8, probably when SH and the leagues were at their peak, had only GH3X and GH3H. There were 18 divisions on GH3X alone (over 1000 sign-ups I believe) and I think they all seemed quite competitive, but I'm not sure about the lower divisions. Those were crazy times :P

I'd say that it is the freedom of choice that made the last few seasons suffer. You have to force players to pick from a very limited list of choices, like the latest GH and RB and just one instrument. And maybe just one league per person. Like suggested, rolling leagues would be a great way to give all instruments their own time-slot. It would be really cool if each season of the year had its own instrument. That would also encourage people to try different instruments. I considered joining bass leagues in the past, but there was no way that I was going to pick it over guitar. With rolling leagues I wouldn't have to make that choice.

Disregarding the "seasons of the year" model I suggested (would be a bit hectic anyway), a 5th entry to the "roll" could be one for co-op and old-school.

And a last thing. Since SH is pretty slim on announcements lately - at least on the GH side - and because I don't see it hurting, league winners getting front-paged could be a nice touch. That would be an awesome price to aim for, and could surely make the place seem more alive. Because, you know, with Marbler's FSFC on there, how is anyone ever gonna get FP'd again?
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:
Because, you know, with Marbler's FSFC on there, how is anyone ever gonna get FP'd again?

drum fsfc ? but anyway, i agree with what has been said. having a million leagues like the last few times is just pointless because then people sign up for 2-3 leagues and dont realize how much time they take and then wind up dropping out or just posting shitty scores.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
(This might be a wasted rant because anyone actually reading these posts and wanting to have leagues probably realizes all this).

Not true I agree 100% with your post, and you're totally right about every single point Pretty frustrating for me because I liked the idea of improving stuff, even not aiming for 1st (I did win a league once though, on gh2X, woot happiness ). Kinda forced me to focus on something, instead of playing random stuff for nothing. I also liked how I failed to submit my very last scores on the drums leagues (with no excuse, I just forgot like an idiot x\)

Owell I'm still quite sure there would be enough people willing to sign up somehow ._. even if it's just for 2-3 games max.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: