ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
In A.D. 2011 Leagues Were Beginning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
conlan22  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the last few seasons I have come to realize that a lot of people have an FC with optimal path or bust attitude. I remember one person in particular that said they weren't gonna submit a score on a song because they kept getting -1, which is too bad because leagues were a lot of fun but dropping out has been a huge problem. At this point, if you want some motivation to improve scores, you should just go into the rivalries forum. That being said, I would love to see leagues make a comeback.
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm still a fan of the two leagues at a time plan. there's *always* one league running or taking signups, one GH league, one RB league. one instrument, on a random rotation. not everyone can participate when the big league season is on, this way some people who wouldnt normally be able to due to timing can get in one at a different time. that way you also have a "defending champ" type feel to it.

yes not everyone has every game, but realistically who would participate in a GH5 league over a WoR league at this point if they're both running at once? etc
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
sukergod  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im glad there are at least some people still here interested enough to discuss this. I joined SH just as season 2 had ended and its always been a part of SH so it would be great to continue on with them.

Again like I said they key is just run 1 league each. If we maybe make a yearly plan (sorry, the teacher coming out in me) then we can have a tentative list of which leagues could come out when. Im talking about maybe 2-3 times a year:

- Guitar (RB3/GHWOR)
- Drums (RB3/GHWOR)
- Guitar Old School League (GH1/2/3/80's)

Then the following year we could vote on what we would like and move forward as planned.

I know this is rather far fetched and it all depends on ogranization and participation. Limit leagues to only 1 and offer the front page anouncement as encouragement, maybe even a banner for the winner (with proof).

Another thing is we need to change up the system. We have had 3 songs strictly on score and a random task before and why not try that again. Like why not 2 scores and 2 tasks instead. I loved the weeks where we had strategy into maing sure your score ended in 9 or something on Yes We Can or not being alowed to exceed a certain notestreak on Sweet Child of Mine. This doesnt have to be every season maybe just make it one of them. Again just random suggestions that I and others have mentioned in the past.

What may be if we only get like 50 or 60 signups across 2 leagues then its bust. Ideally we could run an Expert Guitar league for season 13 and have 50+ in each league. I dont think we are going to get to any Hard leagues (which blows) but we have to maximize the probability for success.

Thoughts???
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love a live league where you have to do a PFO against the person you're set up against.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, noway, unfair Just wait until someone beats you on a pfo on Bleed it out just because your guitar ran out of battery, or because it overstrummed, or because it fret-failed xD Not to mention timezones =/

I love leagues just like they always have been
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I remember about the last time I played Leagues (GH3 Expert) is so many people dropped out that even I made it to play-offs. That's a huge problem.

DragoonKain  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like it if you could only do one league per session but we could rotate Guitar and Bass so that those of us inclined to the plastar don't have to choose between the two leagues. I was thinking maybe a once-a-season system where, say:

Spring/Fall = RB3 Guitar, RB3 Drums, most popular GH game (GH3 im guessing?)

Summer/Winter = RB3 Bass, RB3 Vocals, Old School GH

In addition, I agree with the only one league at a time rule. While I participated in both RB3G and RB3B last season, I do agree it results in dropouts to have people participating in too many leagues. Plus, with such a small amount of leagues, you could rotate the volunteers working the leagues (maybe even to the amount where they'd only have to moderate leagues once a year?). What do you guys think?

53964.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: DragoonKain07
Vampire-Jekyll  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the leagues. They always gave me a reason to go out and actually grind a song in a world where grinding 2000+ songs is just ridiculously pointless. I agree that we need to narrow things down quite a bit, maybe 3 different leagues every 3/4 months. Give the instruments seasons. for example you could have Jan-Mar guitar season, with 3 leagues going: RB3 Guitar, RB3 Pro Guitar, and WOR Guitar. When you get to whatever season would be dedicated to Keys, the GH side of things could do a DJ Hero league. You'd almost have to make them open difficulty so everyone can choose an instrument and a game. Make it simple and don't make very many exceptions. You want a DLC league? Go to the rivalries forum. These are the prestigious score hero leagues, we have standards. This is coming from the guy who petitioned a standard controller league, if we have to get rid of the oddball or unorthodox leagues then by all means do so, so long as we actually get leagues back. Just make it simple and glorified. Give people something to work for.

Anyways that's just my 2 cents.
Season 9 Standard Controller Champion
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: FourItchyTasty
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*starts chant*

BRING LEAGUES BACK. BRING LEAGUES BACK. BRING LEAGUES BACK.

Fhdra  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd do drums.

RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always down for League action, it just a sad fact of life this won't really get popular again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
Roenja89  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we would indeed like more leagues! It's been so long...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a new season of leagues would be awesome, hope more people feel that way. Last season was a blast!
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think more people feel the same way but the biggest problem the leagues have is that some people quit after'one or two weeks. And it's not just SH,or GH but it's gaming overall. People get discouraged when seeing people FC and squeeze the living shit out of everything when they can't.

In the end the leagues are a way to better yourself and when people realise that, that competing is more important then winning, then the leagues can be a success once more.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's just do it guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: