ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Battlefield 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Battlefield 3 Reply with quote

www.battlefield3.com

The reveal begins! Not a ton of info right now, but more will be released, along with info in the new Game Informer.

All we know is that there is a Singleplayer/Co-Op Singleplayer campaign, Jets, Prone, and that the PC version will have up to 64 players. Can't wait!
FBMrider86  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*gets ready for all of the people who think this is Bad Company 3 and will buy it solely for that purpose*

Custom Guitar Paint Jobs (Submit Yours!)
Proud supporter of EWiggen's Grilled Cheese and GH Combo
socrstopr wrote:
This thread is very disturburbing. Also terrible.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Head0nFire86
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FBMrider86 wrote:
*gets ready for all of the people who think this is Bad Company 3 and will buy it solely for that purpose*

And then be surprised that it's probably even better than Bad Company 2
TopazGrl  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do I get the feeling that I've seen this cover art on almost every FPS ever?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works for the Battlefield theme they have going now
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TopazGrl wrote:
Why do I get the feeling that I've seen this cover art on almost every FPS ever?

Because it's almost identical to the Bad Company 2 cover art.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Eyce  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
Because it's almost identical to the Bad Company 2 cover art.

And Call of Duty 4. And Call of Duty: World at War. And Modern Warfare 2.

Also Battlefield 2, to an extent. :P

It's sad that people consistantly go to this sort of design, looks like it mostly comes from the "American Release Boxart" style.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it looks good. Sure a soldier on the cover has been done before, but it's not like people complain about a football player on the cover or a specific car on a racing game looking like it's tearing ass over the cover lol

It makes sense to be doing that since it follow the past releases of the Battlefield series abit with bad Company 2 and BF2 and is the style that they've decided up with the series as it was seen in Bad Company 2: Vietnam.
ScreamingEvil  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Battlefield 3 Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
All we know is that there is a Singleplayer/Co-Op Singleplayer campaign, Jets, Prone, and that the PC version will have up to 64 players. Can't wait!

So basicly everything Battlefield 2 already had :P (minus the coop campaign).

Might buy this, didn't play ether of the Bad Companies but I loved the hell out of Battlefield 2, that was the first online FPS that really grabbed me and played the hell out of.

Also, since this is apparently not a Bad Company game, anyone knows what difference that actually makes (if any?).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Goramoth
kirk7777  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably get the game, but I'm kind of worried about prone. Bad Company 2 is already a sniper-fest without it, so that will probably worsen the problem.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Battlefield 3 Reply with quote

ScreamingEvil wrote:
Also, since this is apparently not a Bad Company game, anyone knows what difference that actually makes (if any?).

It's basically going to be what BF2 had, but from the sound of it, more detail, better infantry gameplay, and destruction, plus looking better than Bad Company 2.

As for some new details, it looks like there will be locations like New York, Paris, Tehran, along with being able to carry a fallen teammate to saftey, and mount a gun on any terrain.

Also the limited edition comes with 4 free maps, called "Back to Karkand", which is 4 maps remade from BF2. It'll then be available for buy a month after release for anyone else.
Eyce  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a feeling that the following two things will happen:

- Medal of Honor sales will skyrocket (LE's are still everywhere here at least)

- It will be an EA "Limited Edition" i.e. everybody who buys it will have the limited edition version.

Edit: looks like my 2nd point is sort of true. Says "Pre Order to secure the limited edition"
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be. Limited Edition doesn't mean much these days lol It's basically just a way to get people to buy the game new rather than buying it used. I'm fine with that. I'm pre-ordering it and getting 4 BF2 maps for free. Very good I say
DPooch  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This basically sums up my feelings for this game.

I don't always have "tons o fun" playing BC2, but if this game is anything like it, I know it's going to be awesome. ("Fun" basically translates to doing well, but it can't happen all the time.)

I don't really know the deal with these games, but I hope they still have basically the same class setups, because I love being a medic and I'm awesome at it. I heal and revive like it's nobody's business. If I get in a game at the start, I'm usually the top scorer, at least on my team. Killing people with the defibrillator ensues many lol's as well.

If it's not like that, I won't mind too much. The gameplay should be good either way, those guys know what they're doing.

Edit: Would it be correct to assume that they'll be using the same "online code" to get free maps and stuff when you buy the game new?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I assume they are still doing the VIP aspect which you'll get the code with the game to use.

As for what you were talking about, there will definitely be a class setup like before. BF is all about the class aspect. I don't know if they are doing it like BF2 where there's like...6 classes or if they'll continue the lesser amount of classes like BC2, but there will definitely be a class setup.

*EDIT*
Game Informer scans along with the info contained within...

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=164284

http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=164286

* Aiming for CY Q4 2011 release
* Concept for BF3 has been in the works for years, waiting on proper tech to seamlessly come together
* Frosbite 2.0 is the culmination of this tech, entirely re-written
* Lighting sounds neat, one "probe" contains more lighting information than an entire BFBC2 level.
* Level destruction is going to be "believable" but basically everything is destructible.
* Character animations powered by ANT, what EA Sports uses.
* AI characters and multiplayer characters have different animation setsNo more "gliding" animations that look off, animation realism is a focus
* Captured their own war audios (bullets, tanks, helicopters, etc) at different distances to ensure realism
* Better audio cues for certain actions, more easily able to listen for threats
* Plan on better, more immediate post release content
* More unlocks than BFBC2
* Dice trying to find a good balance between customization of your character and not having "pink rabbit hat(s)"
* 4 classes
* Will talk about squads "later"
* Looking into a theater mode but can't talk about it
* Will have co-op
* There will be a kill-cam but it can be turned off
* BF3's team is almost twice as big as the team for BFBC2
* They want the pacing of the single player mode to be balanced, with highs and lows. Makes the comparison to a song vs a guitar solo.
* Part of the single player mode takes place in Sulaymaniyah - Iraqi Kurdistan.
* "Fuck" will be used often, so M rated for sure
* There will be an earthquake in a level. The destruction sounds very impressive. 7 story building collapses, looks very well done
* Significant narrative that goes with the SP mode
* More than one setting, you're not in the middle east for the whole game
* PC version is lead version
* Why 64 players for PC only? No complains from the console crowd.
* No mod tools at release. Maybe none down the line either. Frosbite 2.0 is complex and mods tools would have to be dumbed down, so does Dice really want to put their time to that or would it be better spent elsewhere?
* Original story, not based on Bad Company at all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 1 of 41

Jump to: