SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The tattoo thread (show us your ink)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:

Sometimes I'm curious.. does a tattoo artist have the same authority that a bartender does to stop you before you do something stupid? I bet a lot of regrettable tattoos are gotten while drunk, and if somebody wants something REALLY bad (like, I dunno, something on their face), wouldn't it be unethical for a tattoo artist to give it to them when they're obviously not making very good judgements? I guess they'd be silly to turn away business, but I've always wondered if some tattoo artists feel guilty about some of the tattoos they've given. I just think it'll be funny in about 50 years to see how this generation feels about some of their tattoo choices. :p

I'm pretty positive tattoo artists are allowed to deny business, I'll ask my artist tonight. But I have heard of a few funny tattoos they gave people (who weren't drunk). My artist said one of the most memorable tattoos she ever gave was to a guy who lost a diner bet to another guy. The guy who won the bet, had to pay for the tattoo, and the loser had to get it. The tattoo he received was a plate of fried chicken and corn on his chest lol.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Davers  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:

Sometimes I'm curious.. does a tattoo artist have the same authority that a bartender does to stop you before you do something stupid? I bet a lot of regrettable tattoos are gotten while drunk, and if somebody wants something REALLY bad (like, I dunno, something on their face), wouldn't it be unethical for a tattoo artist to give it to them when they're obviously not making very good judgements? I guess they'd be silly to turn away business, but I've always wondered if some tattoo artists feel guilty about some of the tattoos they've given. I just think it'll be funny in about 50 years to see how this generation feels about some of their tattoo choices. :p

I'm pretty positive tattoo artists are allowed to deny business, I'll ask my artist tonight. But I have heard of a few funny tattoos they gave people (who weren't drunk). My artist said one of the most memorable tattoos she ever gave was to a guy who lost a diner bet to another guy. The guy who won the bet, had to pay for the tattoo, and the loser had to get it. The tattoo he received was a plate of fried chicken and corn on his chest lol.

You saying this reminded me of a Cracker Barrel tattoo someone got. I work at Cracker Barrel and I thought this was hilarious and absolutely retarded at the same time:

Has to be SOME reason why one would get a tat like that. But I'm still leaning towards the fact that it was probably some bet. lol
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, that's good to know. :p Just never thought about it til now I guess.

/me is reminded of an episode of King of the Hill where Hank gets a tattoo on his head that says "Bill" while drunk

Edit: The way that cracker barrel picture was taken, I can't tell what part of the body that is

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
Squirrel wrote:

I've seen this tat floating around the internet. Had no idea it was yours I'll never get one myself, but if for some reason I did, it would be Mario related for sure. Maybe DK too.

My brother has Led Zeppelin symbols on his right forearm which are kind of cool I guess.

LOL Really? I had no idea my stuff would be floating around...

First being told that someone seen my Atari guide posted on multiple sites, to now you saying this is around the internet.

It does look better in person, that was done with a cell phone camera when I got it done in texas, when I was in the military... 3-4 years ago?

That's cool I guess... lol.
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@TheHammer: That 1/2 sleeve is really well done. You picked a good artist I think, and the colors even work well with your skin tone.

Also, Squirrel's megaman is awesome too.
DanTheBib  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:

Holy crap... really? That looks insanely painful... and when pokemon eventually runs out of popularity... wow.

At least mine are staples of gaming history.

How on earth is Pokemon not a part of gaming history?! It's been s prominent part of my gaming life, and millions of others since..what, 1997?

I love your tattoos but have to say, up there with Mario, Pokemo is pretty much what got me into videogaming, so I'd get a pokemon tattoo (of some sort, not entirely sure of what/what style) if I were to get one..

However, I'm as timid as Hailz when it comes to thinking of the future. Pokemon has been a massive part of my life for like 13 years, so even I'd I didn't still like it when I was 80, it would been something important, and a part of me, so in that respect I'm not worried..

But I think it's settling on a design that's hard, because it's permanent.

Edit: I forgot to say though, the pokeballs tattoo that guy has is hideous *shudders*
Now on PS3...
My Below Average Achievements
retop56  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the dumbest tattoos I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retop56 wrote:
One of the dumbest tattoos I've ever seen.

BRR BRR, and you know I got a cold

AUGH, I can't breathe through my nose
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanTheBib wrote:
Squirrel wrote:

Holy crap... really? That looks insanely painful... and when pokemon eventually runs out of popularity... wow.

At least mine are staples of gaming history.

How on earth is Pokemon not a part of gaming history?! It's been s prominent part of my gaming life, and millions of others since..what, 1997?

I love your tattoos but have to say, up there with Mario, Pokemo is pretty much what got me into videogaming, so I'd get a pokemon tattoo (of some sort, not entirely sure of what/what style) if I were to get one..

However, I'm as timid as Hailz when it comes to thinking of the future. Pokemon has been a massive part of my life for like 13 years, so even I'd I didn't still like it when I was 80, it would been something important, and a part of me, so in that respect I'm not worried..

But I think it's settling on a design that's hard, because it's permanent.

Edit: I forgot to say though, the pokeballs tattoo that guy has is hideous *shudders*

Mmm, you're right about Pokemon, but I am a bit older... so I grew up on Atari and Mario.
MOPP  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got these two done, possibly gonna try and maybe turn it into a half sleeve eventually, running with the same kinda theme. But alas, tattoo's cost money, money I dont have..

Both Coheed and Cambria tattoos by the way

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: x101xM0p
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOPP wrote:
I got these two done, possibly gonna try and maybe turn it into a half sleeve eventually, running with the same kinda theme. But alas, tattoo's cost money, money I dont have..

Both Coheed and Cambria tattoos by the way

it would be pretty awesome if you got an amory wars sleeve.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are really well done, you picked a good artist

PS-I'm going to see C&C here in April YAY!!!

And yeah, Pokemon is definitely a part of gaming history, though I'd say that it won't reach the same "classic" level that Mario and Atari has for a few more years yet. Still there's no excuse for those Pokeball tattoos 0_o I think what MOPP did with his tats are a good rule of thumb. They still represent something you love, but a little more ambiguous and abstract, so that if someone else doesn't get the reference they still say "oh cool" not "he got a tattoo of THAT?" For example, if I was ever going to get a GH or RB related tattoo (and I wouldn't), I would get the little flying cassette tape from the GH2 loading screen. Still a cool design, even if you don't know it's from GH.

Trying to think of what the pokemon equivalent would be...

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
Trying to think of what the pokemon equivalent would be...

maybe the icon used for a pokedoll in the original games? (which was also used to represent pokemon like charizard when you were viewing them in your team.)

MOPP  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
it would be pretty awesome if you got an amory wars sleeve.

I was thinking about that actually, but there is just so much I could get done I dunno where I'd start. I wanted to add a little colour to those to maybe, like a roughish outline of both with the sstb-green colour. Next idea was to get some lyrics done between those 2 tattoo's, but I'll see, no point in rushing it.

GuitarHailz wrote:
Those are really well done, you picked a good artist

PS-I'm going to see C&C here in April YAY!!!

Thanks Have you seen them before? They are very good live, people say Claudio Sanchez lost his voice somewhat since NWFT, but I really dont agree, they are just as good live now as I seen them the first time.[/quote]

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: x101xM0p
DanTheBib  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the pokemon tattoos, some of the best I've seen are ones which look good, but you totally get what it is if you're a big ol' nerd

For example:

I like the idea behind all these, and there are a lot. All done by the same artist, who you can see here.
Now on PS3...
My Below Average Achievements
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: