SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The tattoo thread (show us your ink)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanTheBib wrote:
For the pokemon tattoos, some of the best I've seen are ones which look good, but you totally get what it is if you're a big ol' nerd

For example:
(pictures)

those are fucking amazing

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
basst777  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
Sometimes I'm curious.. does a tattoo artist have the same authority that a bartender does to stop you before you do something stupid? I bet a lot of regrettable tattoos are gotten while drunk, and if somebody wants something REALLY bad (like, I dunno, something on their face), wouldn't it be unethical for a tattoo artist to give it to them when they're obviously not making very good judgements? I guess they'd be silly to turn away business, but I've always wondered if some tattoo artists feel guilty about some of the tattoos they've given. I just think it'll be funny in about 50 years to see how this generation feels about some of their tattoo choices. :p

Well... I think a tattoo on your face is delicate enough that it shouldn't be done while the recipient is drunk, you really don't want them to be squirming or anything.
If I were a tattoo artist and someone came in drunk and wanted a penis tattooed on their face to hell I would give it to them. Drink safe friends.
basst777  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
LOL, that's good to know. :p Just never thought about it til now I guess.

/me is reminded of an episode of King of the Hill where Hank gets a tattoo on his head that says "Bill" while drunk

Edit: The way that cracker barrel picture was taken, I can't tell what part of the body that is
Look in the lower right, you'll see the jeans. That looks like his right thigh.
cobainage1994  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photobucket

John Lennon's self portrait, with the lyrics "We all shine on" from his song Instant Karma. The lyrics are also traced from his original handwriting from the song. I got the tattoo on 12/8/10, the 30th anniversary of his death.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and my friend want to get matching deathbat tattoos but i thought it would be cool to get this one instead of the deathbat. What do you guys think?
http://home.avengedsevenfold.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/2.jpg

Last edited by b.vicious on Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:26 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
wheelchr  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobainage1994 wrote:
Photobucket

John Lennon's self portrait, with the lyrics "We all shine on" from his song Instant Karma. The lyrics are also traced from his original handwriting from the song. I got the tattoo on 12/8/10, the 30th anniversary of his death.

Omg, I love it. Thanks for sharing.
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have three. The first one I wanted to be very special.

My dad passed away in November of 2009, the day after Thanksgiving. I decided to get a tattoo in honor of him. I love skull & crossbones, so I wanted to do something around that. My dad was a computer technician, and knew everything about computers, more than me. So I put the USB symbols on there. If you notice, the top part of the bones are actually USB ports, to symbolize the fact that computers where in his bones. Also, my dad had a moustache. I think there were onl two days of my life I ever saw him without one. This tattoo is placed right over my heart.

When he died, I decided to start doing the stuff that I always wanted to do; my bucket list. Life's short, right? The first thing I did was train for a marathon. I completed that in October of last year, and I was extremely proud of myself. So to commemorate that acomplishment, I got these:

There's one on outside of each ankle. Obvious reference to Mercury/Hermes. If you notice the the little P, that has multiple references. Can either stand for Pat (my name), Phil (my dad's name), or it can be a nod to the P-Wing in SMB3. Whichever.

I know they are rather simple, but I like 'em that way. I plan to get more, but I decided my tattoos will be like a "life resume" of sorts. I'll get a tattoo whenever I accomplish something on my bucket list. I won't get tattoos of my favorite bands, or cool designs. That's just how I feel.

cobainage1994  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheelchr wrote:
cobainage1994 wrote:
pic

Omg, I love it. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. I am currently having a friend draw me up another one. It is going to be quite detailed, but awesome. Think...The Beatles+Mt. Rushmore
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobainage1994 wrote:
Photobucket

Brilliant. Just... perfect. I'd love to get a Beatles-related tattoo. Also, you look a hell of a lot like a guy I know.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just had this bad boy done for my mom today on my chest (left side). It's not done yet still has some refining to do

TheHammer417  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woop I had a little addition/touchup done to my 1/2 sleeve a few weeks ago...these are from the day it was done..

Got a little bit added onto the bottom (and for those that say you can't tattoo over scars and have it look good...locate the scar in this picture )

Also got this whole flower touched up, the linework and all, the original yellow that was used on part of it was a very very very faint yellow and I wasn't feeling it..plus it needed a major touchup

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer, your sleeve is awesome and very well done Just wanted to pop in here and say that.

Also, the dad of one of the girls at work stopped by to see her today and he had gotten his first tattoo on his arm. It was a heart with two banners that had both of his daughter's name on them. Needless to say, she really liked it. Apparently the story behind it was she got the same tat on her foot (not with names though, but same design) and her dad FLIPPED OUT. She said she thought he was going to throw her out of the house. That was like a year ago I guess. Today he asked for her to take a picture of the tattoo and put it on his phone. Later that night, he then showed up to work with the tat to show her. Kind of sweet really.

EDIT: B.vicious, anyway you can make your A7X pic any smaller? It really stretches out the page
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:

EDIT: B.vicious, anyway you can make your A7X pic any smaller? It really stretches out the page

Fixed

ruametalhed  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this done today by my uncle! I'm super happy about it as my first tattoo
[/img]
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Dantera033091 Wii Friend Code: 0200740241837573
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ruametalhed wrote:
I got this done today by my uncle! I'm super happy about it as my first tattoo

Tat

As a FMA fan, I can appreciate this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: