ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Trouble passing GH:VH - Eruption

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CollinC  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:29 pm    Post subject: Trouble passing GH:VH - Eruption Reply with quote

I find it very difficult to pass the section “open string madness” on expert. When I do I usually do well on the other sections. The reason for me starting this thread is that my skill on this section has not improved at all. Four months ago I had a hard time passing any song (on expert) with guitar intensity 9 or 10. I have now passed most of them and have also begun to FC songs with a guitar intensity of 5 or lower. In other words, my general skill level has improved a lot while my “Eruption - Open string madness” skill level has not.

Another song I cant pass is Raining Blood. I have, however, come closer and closer to getting through Mosh 1.

Since pure practice doesn’t seem to help me in getting though eruption, do you have any tips for me?
Bulblax  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tap the entire second half of the song. Even if you can't tap it to the degree where you can keep a combo, keep both hands on the frets for the entire slider note part. Anchor the low note and tap the two higher ones with your strumming hand.

I don't know what section that is but if you're failing at the strumming/fast trill part then use SP there and flail tap through the rest of the song. If you're failing at the GYO RYO GYO RYO trips at the end then you can probably get by by flailing with SP there.
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would say only tap the highest one, anchor the lowest and fret the middle. that way its not too much for either hand to do. this is only a good idea for you since you don't have to strum if you miss.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
CollinC  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I pass the "open string madness" section I usually miss at the "Thrill madness" section (without starpower) or at the very last part of the tapping section: GYO RYO GYO RYO etc.

Do I need to tap (with my right hand) the HOPO:s in "thrill madness" or is it possible to be quick enough just using the left hand? Guitar hero phenom taps it but that feels risky since missing just one note will probably make me miss the whole song since it takes to long time to strum again.
Bulblax  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

f4phantom2500 wrote:
i would say only tap the highest one, anchor the lowest and fret the middle. that way its not too much for either hand to do. this is only a good idea for you since you don't have to strum if you miss.

crap you're right this is what i meant to say lol. tap the highest one only. my bad
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely tap the trills, if you miss just elbow strum.

Also, I don't really know how to help with open string madness... I guess just strum as fast as you can, cause it's pretty fast, and just change frets at the right times... it also speeds up gradually by quite a bit, so watch out for that.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
CollinC  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just passed this song! (and got an intense stream of endorfins through my body LOL) I did just like my finnish neigbhour said in regards of open string madness. Strumming through this section instead of trying to only use the minimal amount of strums helped a lot! After passing open string madness on my first three tries today (only to fail at thrill madness) I lost respect for the song and thus didnt get nervous after open string madness.

This, combined with passing raining blood yesterday, really feels like a gigantic leap. I must have played Eruption more than a thousand times without passing. Now suddenly I feell like i can do it maybe 1/3 of the times trying. I doubht I could have done this if not for this forum. Thank you guys!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: