ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
4/1 DLC - Lynyrd Skynyrd Track Pack
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: 4/1 DLC - Lynyrd Skynyrd Track Pack Reply with quote

The following songs are now up for score-tracking:
The 3-pack is available for $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points, or 550 Wii Points) and each track individually costs $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points, or 200 Wii Points). Available on the Xbox LIVE® Marketplace, PLAYSTATION®Network, and Wii™ Shop Channel.

Chart preview video links will be added as they become available. Enjoy!

Last edited by psxfreak101 on Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:59 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Elfson  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Bird is a no go this week, well, apparently for those of us who have Smash Hits imported and downloaded the pack.

Waited this morning until about 2:15 and lo and behold the pack appears! We set the full band up, all of us (well, Kingsy Toymachine on their respective xboxs with myself and my brother on my own) had the entire pack purchased, and when we went to look for the song, the only version available was the Smash Hits version.

So we did a bit of troubleshooting and the like. I deleted the Smash Hits import and the Skynyrd pack, then redownloaded the Skynyrd pack only, went into the game, and the weirdest thing...

THE VERSION FROM SMASH HITS WAS STILL THERE

Like, even when I sorted by "source" the only song there was Free Bird from Smash Hits lol and that was the only song in the "Smash hits" category or whatever. And the other Skynyrd songs were in the dlc section. Hmmm.

Anyway. I don't know what's up with it, but "if" it does get fixed, videos won't be up until probably the weekend. From my understanding, the guitar and bass difficulties are the same (albeit with chart differences), the drums have been lowered a tier and the vocals raised one.

Buyers beware

However, Simple Man and Gimme Three Steps are freaking incredible. Great charts, videos will be up within the hour

edit: Here are the two full band videos:

Gimme Three Steps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjtHeCLHCHg

Simple Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcDd_Z7Kxc0

Enjoy! Maybe I'll put up the Smash Hits Free Bird run we did >_>
Wattershed  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfson wrote:
Free Bird is a no go this week, well, apparently for those of us who have Smash Hits imported and downloaded the pack.

Waited this morning until about 2:15 and lo and behold the pack appears! We set the full band up, all of us (well, Kingsy Toymachine on their respective xboxs with myself and my brother on my own) had the entire pack purchased, and when we went to look for the song, the only version available was the Smash Hits version.

So we did a bit of troubleshooting and the like. I deleted the Smash Hits import and the Skynyrd pack, then redownloaded the Skynyrd pack only, went into the game, and the weirdest thing...

THE VERSION FROM SMASH HITS WAS STILL THERE

Like, even when I sorted by "source" the only song there was Free Bird from Smash Hits lol and that was the only song in the "Smash hits" category or whatever. And the other Skynyrd songs were in the dlc section. Hmmm.

Anyway. I don't know what's up with it, but "if" it does get fixed, videos won't be up until probably the weekend. From my understanding, the guitar and bass difficulties are the same (albeit with chart differences), the drums have been lowered a tier and the vocals raised one.

Buyers beware

However, Simple Man and Gimme Three Steps are freaking incredible. Great charts, videos will be up within the hour

edit: Here are the two full band videos:

Gimme Three Steps
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjtHeCLHCHg

Simple Man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcDd_Z7Kxc0

Enjoy! Maybe I'll put up the Smash Hits Free Bird run we did >_>

I did the same thing. Who the hell thought that we would want the old version if we bought the new version? If we wanted the old version we wouldn't spend money one the new track!
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definately pays off to be a Wii owner this time, because we can delete single songs from the imports.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I had never played Free Bird before (I don't have GH2 or GHGH) and I bought it because of that. I played it, and got 5* sightread. But then I read the reactions on here, and I read that they added the Greatest Hits version to the pack. I didn't notice this when I played it, but I thought the new version didn't have sliders and the version that I downloaded did.

So yes, it was the SH version that I downloaded without knowing it. It's good that I finally have Free Bird, but I wanted the 'new' version and not the Greatest Hits version.
wa1Do  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So this version is the same as the smash hits free bird?
g0dly  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well that sucks... im still getting the other two though.
Rosstopher  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lame, I was really hoping for a better chart than the Smash Hits one :/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wa1Do wrote:
So this version is the same as the smash hits free bird?

I can confirm that even the non-hacked Wii owners got the new chart of Free Bird. The song showed up twice in my setlist and I deleted the Greatest Hits chart.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THIS GAME AIN'T BIG ENOUGH FOR TWO FREEBIRDS Y'HEAR
The6thHorcrux  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So does anyone have a video of the new freebird, even if it's a crappy one? I want to see if the chart doesn't suck at much as the smash hits one. If so i'll seriously think about buying it.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The6thHorcrux wrote:
So does anyone have a video of the new freebird, even if it's a crappy one? I want to see if the chart doesn't suck at much as the smash hits one. If so i'll seriously think about buying it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPxGSPzTOPk
XxIronManXx1  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: GH5 Lynyrd S Reply with quote

Well, I think they put Free Bird on it for thouse who don't have GH:SH,
GH:SH Imported, or GH2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: OutsideOwl
TheGreatDave  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is it confirmed for sure people with the Smash Hits export got the new chart on 360?

I did everything Elfson did too and I'm getting the old version. It makes no sense at all. How do you play something you've deleted I don't even.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: A Great Dave
kire  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New free bird all instruments video, I think only wii players could get it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lByvr8FoGOM

you can thanks me if you want, no need for it :P

bass is a little bit out of sync tho, and guitar too but the guitar isn't really that bad

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!

Last edited by kire on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: