ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Rant thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 398, 399, 400  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shredin0id  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
Well, I guess that's my problem. I just can't see myself dating anyone without at least some decent taste in music. I don't even like the mellow and slow indie stuff all that much, but I would take that over BABY YOU'RE A FIREWORK or FLY LIKE A G6 every time for all eternity. I guess my best bet is to hope someone comes along at one of the shows I go to in St. Paul.

Although the radio station I work for is having a campus event, which will give me the opportunity to play whatever the fuck I want in front of everyone for at least an hour, possibly two, coming up in May. At the very least, I'll get the opportunity to debate a few bros and hopefully find someone who appreciates my kind of music.
Well good luck. If you look hard enough you might find somebody. But it is good to be a little open minded. What if you find someone you really enjoy to be around with but their only flaw is their taste in music? No one's pefect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. NO! FUCK YOU ALL! OATMEAL FUCKING SUCKS!!!!!!!!

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru786 wrote:

This. I mean, it's, like, oats. With water.
Shredin0id  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Saru786 wrote:

This. I mean, it's, like, oats. With water.
Really? When I tried to cook oatmeal it was more like a clumpy sludge of oats with a hint of cinnamon. Yeah, oatmeal doesn't make the grade.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use milk. You'll be amazed.

EDIT: Cooking instructions? You pour some milk and throw some oats in a bowl. And then you throw it in the microwave for a bit. If you did anything other than that, you did it wrong.

EDIT2: Probably hypocritical of me, but lets try to stay on topic. I like the concept of this thread, and wouldn't want to ruin it with nonsense. Sorry about that.

Last edited by TQSG on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:17 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TQSG
Shredin0id  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TQSG wrote:
Sorry but I think I did use milk. Either oatmeal sucks or my mom is terrible at giving cooking instructions.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see this thread staying open for long, but while it's here...

I'm pretty pissed at college (classes, not lifestyle). I would be a little more tolerant of it if it didn't cost so much, but that's not the case; it takes a shit-ton of money. Mostly I'm pissed at BS GenEd classes with hundreds of students enrolled where HW is submitted and automatically graded online. I'd like to think that by the time you graduate high school, you've had enough general education that you can start specializing and not have to deal with learning how to BS through a class on a subject irrelevant to your career path.

Perhaps the root of the problem is more and more people in America are becoming more and more stupid, so the entire education system has to accommodate the lowest common denominator.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck the wannabe gangsters/overly-preppy bitches that change their middle name on facebook to something ridiculous. xPreTTYGurlx? Dude, your an ugly bitch. Taylorgangordie? Ya, wait for the hitman from 1017 Bricksquad to hold a 9 MM against your head and say that to his face. The fucks the problem with you kids? And you what else, fuck the wannabe gangsters/overly-preppy bitches that change their entire name to some ridiculous shit like " "Gurly Gurl InivisbleNinja Santa Angel Wish Wash Ammyx"? What the fuck is an invisible ninja? I ACTUALLY know a guy that's facebook name is Ican Steal Yourgurl. Shut the fuck up you fucking pussy. If you had any real balls and actually slept with any chicks you'd keep that shit to yourself lest you be sleeping with one eye open. Lets take this a step further, fuck facebook. Fuck everything about facebook. Why do I continue to use this shit? "Oh why is there have to be so much drama all the time?", suck it up you goddamn pussy. "Nigga damn if this nigga wants to go in the hands then niggas jus gotta say when nd whure nigga #SWAG".Ya, cool story, bro. You know what else? Fuck names. Bitch I'll call you what I WANT to call you. Jack? Fuck you, your Tarzan. Sarah? Fuck you, your Lois. Who the hell decides that shit anyway? Our parents? The ones that told us to do well in school and stay away from drugs? Ya, that got us far.
ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what really grinds my gears? You America. Fuck you.

Qarx  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TQSG wrote:

EDIT: Cooking instructions? You pour some milk and throw some oats in a bowl. And then you throw it in the microwave for a bit. If you did anything other than that, you did it wrong.

EDIT2: Probably hypocritical of me, but lets try to stay on topic. I like the concept of this thread, and wouldn't want to ruin it with nonsense. Sorry about that.

I just use instant oatmeal, you know, the stuff you get in packets at the grocery store? Usually I get store brand stuff... Cinnamon Roll flavor is my favorite lol. I usually eat cereal for breakfast, though.

As for something on topic... I don't have time to go on a huge rant right now. It's nearly 2AM here, so if this thread is still open when I come back, I might have something to say lol.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
popemobile  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all white people do is camp
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GRAAAAGH!

Hey, you! Yes, you! Human! Over here! I want a word with you over a very serious matter that has been plaguing me for the past few years.

My name is Mr Resetti. For those of you who don’t know me, I’m the great defender of peace and justice in the wonderful world of Animal Crossing. For those who do know me, get the dirt outta your ears and listen!

Now, it has come to my attention that a great plague has been sweeping the Animal Crossing series like wildfire. I tell you, the majority of the people who play Animal Crossing do not save their game after they are done playing! Whether it’s done accidentally or on purpose, this is a problem that has been occurring too often – and that’s where I come in!

For those who don’t know, my job in Animal Crossing is to remind people that those Gyroids or whatever, depending on which version of AC you’re playing, are there for a reason – to save your game! And I also remind these people that it yanks my chain when they press RESET, hit the Wii Menu or just turn off entirely without saving!

Naturally, the people that have regularly been through one of my pep talks complain and complain with enough gripes to give me a headache worse than that time a huge cave-in came and filled my ears. They are all like “Why do you do this to me, Mr Resetti? Isn’t this my right as a player?” or “Why the heck are you making such a fuss over it? It’s just a game after all!”

Do you have any idea how hard you are making my job? Huh? You think that it’s funny? You actually like me yelling at the top of my voice again and again? Kid, you’re not only affecting my health – honestly, it’s no good for my blood pressure – but the whole universe in general.

Let me explain so I can get this into that big dirt clod that you call a brain...

Now, unlike other games, Animal Crossing is a completely different kind of game!
While it may not be realistic, the game changes according to the in-built clock of your game system, giving it an illusion of realism. Your town goes through different seasons and weather, your town’s residents come and leave, special events happen – all of these things give the wonderful world of Animal Crossing its appeal that most people enjoy. The game continues on a sort of imaginary timeline.

Now, as a resident of the town, you – the player – are part of the timeline. From the minute you turn the game on and that “Now setting up your town” message appears you enter the timeline. There you will stay until you save your game, either by talking to the Gyroid in front of your house (GC version), going to the bed in your house attic or by accessing the save menu (DS version onwards).

“That’s all fine and dandy, Mr Resetti, but why should I not reset my game?” I’ll get to it!

You see, by resetting your game without saving, you run the risk of creating a time paradox bigger than any created by that idiot in the blue phone box! By resetting your game, you do damage to the game’s timeline and ultimately lead the world of Animal Crossing into ruin.

I don’t care that you didn’t get the item you wanted! I don’t care that you accidentally sent a letter to the wrong address! I don’t give the whiskers off my nose that you got stung by a swarm of bees! This is real life and in real life, you make mistakes!

I mean, just imagine if you had a RESET button. Sure you’d be able to correct your mistakes, but, chances are the whole world would be in total anarchy. All of these time paradoxes and contradictions will lead to the apocalypse...

Hey! I just saw you snigger back there! You think I’m fooling around? Well I’m not!

So, yeah, it’s up to me to put troublemakers like you in your place!
While I can’t actually come over to your house and smack your hand for even thinking to press that button – after all, it’s not in my jurisdiction – it is my job to respond to those who did. Whenever that Reset Alarm goes, all manner of sirens, lights, buzzers and bells go off. Then I have to drop what I’m doing and go respond. And it drives me nuts!

I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m usually a nice guy. I’m almost always saying things like “Hi! Thanks for buying this game. Yada, Yada, Yada...” I just give the normal lecture and tell them not to do it again. The usual, you know...

Then there are people who just keep resetting and resetting like.... Grrr... and it just... I wonder if they just do it deliberately to tick me off! Honestly, every time I deal with them, I burst another blood vessel trying to talk sense into these immature little punks! It’s like trying to talk to a brick wall here! And they make me so very angry!!!

Hoo... haah... hoo...hah... phew!

So, for these people, I make them pay in, well, what I consider to be the most effective way possible with my most powerful weapon: perseverance!
Constant offenders will know of my “methods”. For those who don’t, to put it in words, I will not quit “reminding” them until they’ve really learnt their lesson! At first they will just grovel on their knees and beg for forgiveness, but if that doesn’t work they may get their house torn down or worse... having their game erased!

Nah! I’m not really one to erase all of a player’s hard earned rewards and efforts – after all, I’m really a nice guy – but I assure you that these methods are enough to make even the most persistent offender think again before hitting that RESET button!

Sure, these people hate me for doing this, but, hey, it’s my job! I get results, and that’s what matters most.

So, hopefully I’ve explained everything – I’m not usually one for short rants, as you may know. But hopefully, you’ll be a good kid from now on and play Animal Crossing properly...

Huh? What’s that? Did I just hear you say, “Mr Resetti, I’ve been a good AC player, yet you still harass me in two of my favourite games, why?”

Ah, I assume you’re talking about my appearance in Super Smash Bros Brawl? Well, that was part of my contract given to me by Nintendo. That Sakurai guy had promised me as one of the fighters, but instead gave me the job as one of the Assist Trophies *grunts* You can never please that moron!

And by the look on your face and that impatient tapping of your foot, you’re probably wondering why I popped up in Animal Crossing: Let’s Go to the City, even though you strongly remembered saving your game? Well, I did that for two reasons: Firstly, I wanted to make sure that you have saved your game. Secondly, I wanted to explain myself to those who are new to the AC experience.

*sighs* Looks like I’m running out of time here, I’ve got to see the doctor in a while for my anger management problem. So I’ll just wrap it up here.
Always save before you end your game, never reset and, for the love of Shigsy, don’t ever, ever, run with a knife in your pocket! That’s just stupid!

Are we clear? Good! Now...

SCRAM!!!
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is actually a pretty good idea as long as it stays civil. Hmm.

Multiple rants? Multiple rants.

God DAMN but I hate my calc class. The professor does nothing to make it interesting, I have no desire to take it to begin with (I'm not going into anything in science, math, business, or economics), and there's stuff in it that I just can't follow because we don't spend enough time on anything. I mean sure I could spend ALL of my free time on it but I also have other classes that I am actually interested in that I would rather spend my free time on. GenEd is a completely ridiculous set of classes; why can't I just pick and choose things that sound interesting so I can find a major that way rather than spending money on shit classes taught by shit professors (such as my programming prof, who gives us values in an assignment then marks down for having the wrong values there I MEAN SERIOUSLY WHAT THE FUCK) who don't care?

Okay and can I PLEASE stop being so bad at tennis all of a sudden I mean last week I was hitting winner after winner off my forehand and I was placing my serve better than I ever have and then I go out to a tournament this weekend and get my shit wrecked because I can't put a ball in the court, then I go to class today and I can't do ANYTHING right and I'm tired and I'm SICK of my knees being sore but I can't do anything about it because as far as I can tell about the only solution is to just do nothing which I can't. -breath- I've spent so much time on this trying to get good enough to play at a D2 school next year and days like this make me wonder why I even bother.

Oh and because it's mandatory to bring up lack of success with relationships why is it that my friend brings up this awesome-sounding girl he wants to try to set me up with but I have to second-guess everything about the situation? And why do I have to wait two weeks before I can even meet her when I'm already losing sleep over this whole thing? -sigh-

Whew, I feel better now.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
Davers  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed work on Friday to go to a funeral. I told my boss on Thursday that I wouldn't be in. I was one of about 6 people from work that went to said funeral. However, I'm the only one that got in trouble on Saturday for not showing up Friday! Not only that but they gave me a FINAL write up for missing work. I've worked with the company for 3 years and have NEVER been written up or been a bad employee. Matter of fact, I think of myself as one of the good guys there. And I get written up for missing work for a funeral? Especially when I told them I wouldn't be there? The other 5 got off scotch free. But not me. Wtf gives man? I can't even tell you how mad I am over the situation (along with another manager and about 99% of the employees).

Seriously, I'm probably the last person to do a "no call, no show" (even though it wasn't technically that since they KNEW I wasn't going to be there), and probably the first person they've ever written up for that. Aaaargh, makes me even more mad typing this out.
Saru786  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still hate oatmeal. :/

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 398, 399, 400  Next
Page 2 of 400

Jump to: