ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Rant thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 398, 399, 400  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
youhas  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty disappointed in my ex-wife. I mean, there are all sorts of perfectly reasonable rationales for two people to split up. "I want to live in the big city; you want to move to rural Peru." "I want to have between two and five kids; you think anything outside of adoption is a crime against humanity." "My career means I need to move to L.A.; you hate both Southern California and long-distance relationships with a passion." "You're great and all, but I'm shallow and want to trade up to a 'trophy spouse'." People drift apart; it happens. And we'd been together for seven years.

But she never talked about her reasons for wanting a divorce. Somehow, they just never came up. Sure, we'd been in couples' counseling - things had been vaguely weird and distant between us - but all we talked about were superficial sorts of things. "Who needs to be responsible for which household chores" and whatnot. Then one evening, I came home from work, and there was a note on the TV: "I just need some space to think about things for a bit; I took the cats with me so you wouldn't have to worry about them; I'll see you at therapy next Wednesday if not sooner." And at therapy, she dropped the bombshell: "actually, my note was a little white lie; I want a divorce, and signed a lease on my own apartment this weekend; I'll be picking my stuff up next week". Just like that. No discussion. No contemplation. No trial separation. Gone, cold turkey.

I thought we'd at least get to remain acquaintances. With my other exes, I'm on at least cordial and polite terms with them - you know, like a functioning adult would be. But nope, not this time. She started not responding to my emails, then unfollowed me on Twitter, unfriended me on Facebook, and de-linked me on every other social Internet thing you can think of. I am persona non grata, on the business end of a Stalinist purge, where all evidence of our years together is to be shoved under the carpet and forgotten if at all possible. Which seems juvenile to me - reasonable if she were sixteen, or maybe a sitcom character - but not becoming of a functioning adult past 30, y'know?

Anyway, I halfway expect this thread to be against site rules and closed by morning, but thanks for letting me vent. If you know me and/or my ex-wife through some channel and want to message me here or elsewhere (e.g., Facebook) with sympathy / questions / well-wishing, consider those incoming messages well-received and much appreciated.

Thank you; that is all.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Wayne can NOT play guitar, stop trying to tell me that he's good, let alone can actually play the damn thing. I wish I got paid a bunch of money to go on stage and poorly pretend to play guitar. I've accepted the fact that he's a rapper and that I do not like rap, so I choose not to listen to him and just ignore his music when I hear it. However when I, a guitarist, am told on more than one occasion that he is a good guitarist, by someone who doesn't know how to play guitar, I really want to scrape their temples with a cheese grater.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know, oatmeal is pretty damn tasty

Last edited by Hobo111 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shredin0id wrote:
krisdaschwab912 wrote:
Well, I guess that's my problem. I just can't see myself dating anyone without at least some decent taste in music. I don't even like the mellow and slow indie stuff all that much, but I would take that over BABY YOU'RE A FIREWORK or FLY LIKE A G6 every time for all eternity. I guess my best bet is to hope someone comes along at one of the shows I go to in St. Paul.

Although the radio station I work for is having a campus event, which will give me the opportunity to play whatever the fuck I want in front of everyone for at least an hour, possibly two, coming up in May. At the very least, I'll get the opportunity to debate a few bros and hopefully find someone who appreciates my kind of music.
Well good luck. If you look hard enough you might find somebody. But it is good to be a little open minded. What if you find someone you really enjoy to be around with but their only flaw is their taste in music? No one's pefect

To be honest, a horrible taste in music ranks very highly on my dealbreakers, right up there with smokers and excessive drunkenness. I would rather date someone who hates sports than the kind of music I listen to.
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
I am absolutely mad at the state of public education right now. Many kids my age are at a 2nd or 3rd grade reading level, can't do much math outside of basic things, and have no problem-solving skills. Yes, I know some of the blame may fall on the students for not paying attention, or the teachers, for not teaching them, but really, I think it's the higher-up people that's fault it is, because, I see decisions being made there like, "Hey, let's put advertisement on the lockers, isn't that a fucking great idea?" or, "Let's change the whole fucking grading system to some piece of shit that no one's even heard of before!"
/rant

I taught in Milwaukee for two weeks. The second week I was there, I was in an inner city middle school (Roosevelt School of the Arts). For one thing, the place was like a goddamn prison. No talking during lunch? Mandatory morning assemblies that repeat the same crap over and over again? Are you fucking kidding me?

But the worst part of it all was learning how they teach history thanks to the WKCE (State standardized test courtesy of the NCLB law). In fifth grade, they learn about united states history before the civil war. The next two years are spent covering all this irrelevant bullshit (HOW CAN I WRITE A CHECK IF I AM A SEVENTH GRADER!? OH MY GOD!) to prepare for the tests. Then, in 8th grade, they go back to United States history after the civil war, but the students don't remember a goddamn thing from the first part of it.

"When was the Civil War?" "1915."
"When was the Declaration of Independence signed?" "1812?"
"Who did America fight in the War of 1812? "The French."

GAH. WHAT THE FUCK. It's not the kids' fault they're stupid; it's the goddamn system.
ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pieman I fucking love you.

You know what really grinds my gears? Paper Mario 3DS. Goddamn oxymoron.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
"When was the Civil War?" "1915."
"When was the Declaration of Independence signed?" "1812?"
"Who did America fight in the War of 1812? "The French."

Those would make great Celebrity Jeopardy answers if SNL would ever do any new ones.

Anyways, I have a rant about people who are against criticism. We're at a point in society where it seems like people will find any reason to get mad at you for having a legitimate complaint about something. "That thing is free, you can't complain about it!" Or, "You didn't have to buy that, you can't complain about it!" Complaining isn't a bad thing. Haven't people heard of constructive criticism? It's how things improve. And negative opinions are just as equally valid as positive opinions. But no one ever wants to hear anything negative, about ANYTHING. Especially music. And it's so fucking annoying. And ironically, it's a complaint itself. So to people that can't stand criticism of something, I have something to say:

"It's my opinion, you don't have to listen to it. So stop complaining."
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]

Last edited by PiemanLK on Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know two other things that I forgot.

1) Radio. It SUCKS. I turn on the local "modern rock" station and they're playing "Welcome to the Family" for the ten millionth time or maybe if I'm lucky one in six other songs from their rotation. Selection is awful and they do not play nearly enough music to compensate for all the commercials. I've taken to listening to NPR most of the time because at least on talk radio you get decent news information.

2) Internet arguments. Here is every one of them boiled down to the last few lines.

"HAHA YOU'RE MAD"
"No I'm not, I'm merely stating that [whatever rational point they're making]".
"LOL UR DENYING IT UR CLEARLY IRATE"
"..."
"LOLOLOLOL YOU DON'T HAVE A RESPONSE I WIN YOU SUCK"

It's absolute bullshit that every decent debate and every stupid argument has to come down to this. Making someone mad is not the purpose of arguing a point with them.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the radio too. The only good station around where I live got changed in to a fucking Christmas music station. That's right. They play Christmas music 365 days a year. Who honestly wants to listen to Christmas songs at all? I can't even stand them on Christmas day, so I definitely don't want to hear them in the summer!

I hate this new OGaP chart. It is so ridiculous! I haven't even played it yet, but I just would like to say that chart is total crap!

I hate my physics teacher! He is just absolutely horrible. He tries to make jokes, but they are just simply not funny at all. He misses class a lot without even giving as much as an email notice to anyone. He takes forever to teach, thus causing our class to be two weeks behind what we are supposed to already know for our lab. There are absolutely no qualities about him that make me enjoy him!

Also, I hate how the copyright for this site is only registered through 2010. Like seriously, I'm about to go freaking dispute that this site belongs to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarg338  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:

Also, I hate how the copyright for this site is only registered through 2010. Like seriously, I'm about to go freaking dispute that this site belongs to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

No, it's MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the fuck are fast food places on my college campus (Taco bell mainly) ALWAYS UNDER STAFFED? Seriously, we have 1 person working 2 registers (Taco Bell and some Sandwich place connected to it), and only ONE PERSON doing the food. Seriously, they got my order wrong today and had to wait for them to get it right. WE ARE A FUCKING COLLEGE YOU CAN HIRE MORE THAN 3 PEOPLE!!!!!
ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what? Fuck you colleges. Why the fuck do you decide who gets in? Why the fuck do I need a GPA of 3.5? WE'RE the ones that pay you goddammit.
Davers  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THABEAST721 wrote:
I hate this new OGaP chart. It is so ridiculous! I haven't even played it yet, but I just would like to say that chart is total crap!

OMG, you have no idea how much I hate that chart! I haven't played it, nor do I intend to do so now, but that has got to be one of the biggest slaps in the face to SH. What casual player would ever even attempt to play that??? Seriously, they were aiming this song at the hopes maybe 5 people would enjoy. Noone has even PASSED the song yet without 'no fail'!! Seriously, HMX, wtf?!
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I feel like anything any of us could complain about pales in comparison to youhas' post. I feel awful for you man. If you ever need somebody to talk to, I'm in IRC sometimes. Cause you're a pretty cool guy and nobody deserves that. (:

This thread is a great idea, IMO. Keep all the raging to one thread. And it definitely feels better to rant afterwards than explode at people who don't deserve it.

Anyway, here's mine for now.

Stop "checking in" at places on Facebook. Nobody gives a fuck where you are and what you're doing all the time. I promise. If anything, it's great for burglars. You're pretty much saying "I'm not at home, ROB ME NOW!" Genius. Also, quit asking me for help on Farmville or Fishville or Cityville or whatever those games are called. I don't even play them. I hate spam on Facebook so much, it's ruining the site for me.

Anyway, the other day I had a really good one that I was working out in my head, but I don't remember what it was about. Ugh. When I remember, I will share.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:

Stop "checking in" at places on Facebook. Nobody gives a fuck where you are and what you're doing all the time. I promise. If anything, it's great for burglars. You're pretty much saying "I'm not at home, ROB ME NOW!" Genius. Also, quit asking me for help on Farmville or Fishville or Cityville or whatever those games are called. I don't even play them. I hate spam on Facebook so much, it's ruining the site for me.

Agreed lol

On the subject of facebook.

SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT YOUR BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND! I cannot fucking stand when people will include "i love *insert name and date of when they started going out*<3" or "i miss you *insert name and date of when they started going out*<3" with LITERALLY EVERY FUCKING STATUS! I don't mind if you have one post here or there or if you post on their wall every so often. BUT EVERY FUCKING STATUS!? SHUT THE HELL UP! The worst is when it has been like 2 weeks since they started going out and i just want to smack the shit out of said person. I've been going out with my girlfriend for 2 weeks now, and there have been 2 posts about her that i made, one that i was hanging out with her PRIOR to us dating, and the other was the post about our relationship status change.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 398, 399, 400  Next
Page 3 of 400

Jump to: