ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Rant thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 224, 225, 226 ... 398, 399, 400  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it when Photobucket tells me they miss me and then I need to post a new photo so they don't delete my account ._.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also am an atheist, but I usually avoid the topic of religion because it is one of the quickest ways for me to get into a shouting match. I'm firm on my views. Other people are firm on their views. That's all well and good. But when people of diametrically opposite viewpoints talk about religion with me, it usually ends in a bloody stalemate.

But when I'm not arguing with a hothead, we have good discussions. There was this one Christian Metalcore band from South Dakota or something that came into town. Their vocalist was talking and singing about Jesus for pretty much the entire set, and he invited anyone who cared to do so to talk to him about religion afterwards. I did. We talked for like half an hour. It was a pretty good conversation that turned into a discussion about alternate theories (such as the deist method, where there is a god who created the universe, but stands aside and lets the universe run itself). Fun times.
Saru786  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
I also am an atheist, but I usually avoid the topic of religion because it is one of the quickest ways for me to get into a shouting match. I'm firm on my views. Other people are firm on their views. That's all well and good. But when people of diametrically opposite viewpoints talk about religion with me, it usually ends in a bloody stalemate.

But when I'm not arguing with a hothead, we have good discussions. There was this one Christian Metalcore band from South Dakota or something that came into town. Their vocalist was talking and singing about Jesus for pretty much the entire set, and he invited anyone who cared to do so to talk to him about religion afterwards. I did. We talked for like half an hour. It was a pretty good conversation that turned into a discussion about alternate theories (such as the deist method, where there is a god who created the universe, but stands aside and lets the universe run itself). Fun times.

Yea, I'm not gonna lie, when your talking to somebody about religion being real or not and stuff related to that, and that person and you can both understand each other's views, it does pan out to be an interesting conversation. One particular religious friend of mine in school and I, always talk about it. And he's really good at understanding other's people's views, and even if he doesn't agree with it, he respects it. And there have been have great conversations between me and him. Actually, our different views on religion is what MADE us friends. It sounds silly at first, but if you think about it, it makes sense. We talked about religion when we first met, and thats what made us good friends. Because we constantly went into some deep stuff about it and it just panned out to be a great friendship.

So I guess, to summarize, talking to somebody who has an opposite view than you on certain topics, can actually lead to some interesting conversations, and a new friend. You never know.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
Yewb  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiders. Fuck spiders.

My final year project for my biology degree is collecting wild spiders of a given species (Tegenaria saeva) and analysing them for culturable MRSA and MSSA. Which will be phenomenally simple - three four-hour lab sessions, max - once I actually find the dozen or so spiders I need.

Thing is, I've been having a ton of trouble finding T. saeva. I found exactly one last week, with at least an hour of looking every day. And it died. Turns out the three weeks I spent trying to get hold of my project advisor - delaying my project - have rendered T. saeva pretty much impossible to find, cos they mostly either die or hide away by early November.

So I met my advisor again and he suggested I change to a species of orbweb spider. Went out looking today, in the natural habitat of orbweb spiders (i.e. literally everywhere) and found nothing... but I did find two T. saeva on the way back.

MRAH.

Sozzo. Just really quite annoyed at my project advisor - if he had got back to me earlier when I first tried to contact him, I'd be done with my data collection by now.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOLY SHIT I AM NEVER DOING BIOLOGY AGAIN IF YOU HAVE TO COLLECT SPIDERS.

On a biology note, fuck you Aberdeen University for pretty much saying that I won't have an offer for admission until January. Thanks a bunch. That's pretty much made my first choice York or Leeds now.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Yewb  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to - this is my final year project, I came up with it and proposed it :P My own fault, I s'pose. Not gonna lie, though, the process of actively searching for spiders - making them desirable - has completely cured my fear of them.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOE2210 wrote:
On a biology note, fuck you Aberdeen University for pretty much saying that I won't have an offer for admission until January. Thanks a bunch. That's pretty much made my first choice York or Leeds now.

You know most US colleges don't decide on admissions until like March, right?
LethalFishEater  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
JOE2210 wrote:

Anecdotal evidence here [the best kind], but most of my friends and I didn't get our admission letters until mid-April.
>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LethalFishEater wrote:
bclare wrote:
JOE2210 wrote:

Anecdotal evidence here [the best kind], but most of my friends and I didn't get our admission letters until mid-April.

Well I suppose what I meant was March at the earliest. I know I got rejected by MIT on March 17 and by Harvard on March 30 (my birthday, thanks Harvard) but maybe that was a year where they made up their minds early.
xGaberadex  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:
I know I got rejected by Harvard on March 30 (my birthday, thanks Harvard)
What a slap to the face...I'm guessing it was your 18th birthday too?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xGaberadex wrote:
bclare wrote:
I know I got rejected by Harvard on March 30 (my birthday, thanks Harvard)
What a slap to the face...I'm guessing it was your 18th birthday too?

Yeah. Even better, the MIT rejection was on the day of a math competition. I got first place. Suck it, MIT.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So why does milk at diners always taste better than milk you buy and put in your fridge at home? I have no idea why, but milk I get out when I'm eating is usually creamier and better tasting than whatever I drink at home, even if I buy whole milk. I don't get it. Is it black magic?
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Silly  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More preservatives and other artificial crap probably. Nothing beats whole milk direct from fridge at home. Skim is for pussies.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly wrote:
More preservatives and other artificial crap probably. Nothing beats whole milk direct from fridge at home. Skim is for pussies.

Ugh...I can't stand whole milk. Its like drinking cream.
Semi all the way (Y)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semi is also acceptable. But fuck red milk so hard. Not even milk as far as I'm concerned.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 224, 225, 226 ... 398, 399, 400  Next
Page 225 of 400

Jump to: