ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Rant thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 226, 227, 228 ... 398, 399, 400  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
LethalFishEater wrote:
This is really goddamn depressing. Why do we let these people still make decisions?
U.S. Going Communist LOL

They're still ahead of Castro! I say hold out til they're at 4%...
youhas  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LethalFishEater wrote:
This is really goddamn depressing. Why do we let these people still make decisions?

I will blandly point out that while people hate Congress as an abstract entity, if you actually poll them about their own representatives, the numbers are actually mildly favorable. "Well, yes: my district's representative Smith is a forthright and upstanding person, generally voting along the lines of their party they as I'd expect, but attempting to get choice projects funneled to our deserving district! It's everybody else's Congressmen who are conniving douchebags who would sell out their constituents for Big Business in a heartbeat and are trying to get unnecessary boondoggle programs set up in their bullshit do-nothing home districts." Throw in a dash of gerrymandering and you end up with a vigorously unpopular Congress whose members keep getting re-elected again and again. (The gerrymandering in California has generally been so brazen that not even "wave" elections rife with "throw the bums out!" sentiments can affect more than a small handful of seats.)

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How the fuck is Paris Hilton on that list?

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Fug  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
How the fuck is Paris Hilton on that list?

It's pretty sad when someone who's famous for being famous is listed alongside political leaders and government organizations.

In my books, the only logical explanation is that so many people disapprove of her existence that she had to be thrown on the list.

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!
Eastwinn  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
LethalFishEater wrote:

I will blandly point out that while people hate Congress as an abstract entity, if you actually poll them about their own representatives, the numbers are actually mildly favorable. "Well, yes: my district's representative Smith is a forthright and upstanding person, generally voting along the lines of their party they as I'd expect, but attempting to get choice projects funneled to our deserving district! It's everybody else's Congressmen who are conniving douchebags who would sell out their constituents for Big Business in a heartbeat and are trying to get unnecessary boondoggle programs set up in their bullshit do-nothing home districts." Throw in a dash of gerrymandering and you end up with a vigorously unpopular Congress whose members keep getting re-elected again and again. (The gerrymandering in California has generally been so brazen that not even "wave" elections rife with "throw the bums out!" sentiments can affect more than a small handful of seats.)

Gerrymandering is pretty bad in MD. I could drive 8 miles west or east from my house and be in another district, but I could take 97 up to lower downtown Baltimore and still have the same rep. Better yet, if I drive a good 10 minutes to a certain town on the Magothy river, I could be in the same district as the whole eastern shore of Maryland. The Annapolis/Baltimore area is a couple steps away from a Jackson Pollock.
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some people are truly stupid.
I was in Wetherspoons today meeting up with some friends. Go up to the bar to order my Burger n' Beer, and I can't order because the guy in front of me is having a fat go at the guy on the till. Fair enough, but it carries on for a couple of minutes to which point he eventually leaves.
I start my order and he comes back and INTERRUPTS me halfway through my order to ask the guy at the till for the number to Wetherspoons so he can complain. He then asks for MY number because I was a "witness to awful customer service". To which point I told him to fuck off for interrupting me and to go away so I could order. Which he did...surprisingly enough.

Anyway it turns out the whole reason the guy complained to begin with was because each person behind the bar is assigned to a specific till (4 tills, 6 people) & the till he was at was being used by someone else too so the person behind the bar asked whether they could move to an empty till for the order, to which point the guy being served refused, and the whole situation started.

Now surely...if he hadn't bothered to start the whole complaining business because of such a petty thing, it would have been MUCH less hassle just to move and get the order done there and then?

tl;dr...this guy is so stupid I don't understand how his body is working at all from the sheer stupidity emanating from his head....

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that's why I don't drink in Wetherspoons. Not only are the people who drink there scumbags (owing to the cheap drink attracting the wrong sorts) but the place usually stinks of piss (unsurprising since the majority of people who drink there are either old, alcoholics, or both). Plus the food's pretty mediocre for what you pay, with the exception of the beer and burger. I guess if you want to get pissed for £25 it's not bad, but at that point you might as well buy a crate and invite people around your own house.

I'd rather pay more for my night and have a better atmosphere than go to Wetherspoons. There's a fantastic pub that I drink in called The Castle which is a little on the expensive side (a pint of Addlestones is £3.65) but it's always quiet, plays excellent music, and it's out of the way so pissheads don't find it. Plus the barladies are fit as fuck :P

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Yewb  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoons is alright in Plymouth, but I rarely go there 'cos we have better pubs for alcohol and an awesome all-night cafe called Goodbody's for food.

It's actually fairly expensive here, where £3 for a (any) pint is considered prohibitive. I'm still willing to pay £3.40 for Crabbies' all night in my local non-student pub, though...
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our local Spoons is a fucking dive, right opposite the biggest club in town so it's just a place for people to get cheaply pissed before crossing the road to dance and fight the night away. That said: it's not as bad as the pub a bit further along the road, which seems to cater exclusively to middle-aged alcoholics wearing football shirts from 20 years ago.

I miss my old 'local' from when I was at uni. Not actually local by any means, but it was worth the half hour bus ride each way. Some dodgy old blokes in there and I wouldn't go near the food even if it was free, but the place was kept entirely free of 'the wrong sort' by the fact that the jukebox was permanently set to rock and metal and the entire place was staffed with tattooed grungers. Great atmosphere, reasonable prices, a few really hot bar chicks, kebabery right next door for the obligatory post-pissup munching... good times.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Spoons I go to (Truro & Penzance) are actually really good. It was lunchtime so the atmosphere was really good. It was just that one guy who was completely idiotic...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a 'rant' but if you're gonna clean out your Facebook friends and then make a status announcing you did so, at least remember to not have that status be 'public.' The people you deleted are still subscribed to you, you know. Just a heads up.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit, really? I'm sorry. It's not personal; I just deleted people I never talk to on Facebook, and most of SH happened to fit into that category.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
Eastwinn  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

... kinda awkward in here.

In other news. Fuck facebook. Ditched that shit.
Anthony8  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eastwinn wrote:
In other news. Fuck facebook. Ditched that shit.

Yeah. To be honest, I've gotten sick of social networks. They may be there for instant messaging, being closer to your friends, and to kill some time, but at the same time it's a huge waste of time (at least that's how I see it). I'd rather have a one-on-one conversation with whichever given person I want to talk to. I closed my account three days ago, yet I wish that there could be a 'delete' option too. Oh well...
Fug  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope.

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!

Last edited by Fug on Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 226, 227, 228 ... 398, 399, 400  Next
Page 227 of 400

Jump to: