ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Rant thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 397, 398, 399, 400  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeachBum187 wrote:
Fug wrote:
Sister keeps bitching about how unfair her life is because she might not get a car to drive to school with for her senior year of high school. She's threatening to move out to live with a friend next year because it's so unfair that her older brothers were given a car in their senior years and she might not get one. I keep calling her out on how ridiculous she's being and that she doesn't understand what "unfair" means, to which she tells me that she has a harder life than me. It's getting so fucking hard to resist the urge to strangle the stupidity out of her that I can't stand being in the same room with her anymore. I hope she someday has to deal with a minute amount of depression, self-loathing, and alienation I deal with everyday just to see her crack from knowing what true pain and "unfairness" feel like.

There is no reason in the world anyones parents should buy their kid a car. I can't think of anything more irresponsible than that other than giving an elementary kid a box of matches.

First of all, BeachBum, that is just ridiculous. Youhas already explained pretty well why, but I will just say that not every teenager is as irresponsible as your friends, even if they are given a car. I got a reliable, 10 year old Honda my junior year of high school (because my grandma got a great deal on it, but still) and my sister was "given" the car as well (we share) her junior year. We are both responsible and take care of the car, we appreciate the value of both the car and the lives that are at stake when we drive it.

Fug, I hate to say it, but your sister has a bit of a right to be upset. Both you and your brother got a car for senior year and your sister won't? Doesn't that seem a bit unfair? Of course she has no right to bitch and say her life is harder than yours, but the situation does seem unfair to me. Complain about her acting like a bitch, but don't say her complaints aren't at least somewhat valid. :p
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
arvain  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I would agree with alex here, but it depends on the reason why she's not getting a car... (like money, or maybe her not being responsible enough, or other random factors, who knows)

But yeah, I can understand why you want to "strangle the stupidity out of her" when hearing her say her life is unfair, and harder than yours. Just keep in mind it would mean even more trouble for YOU if you were to do something to her And you don't want that !

Note : my mom pretty much gave me her old car when I got my license after I turned 18 (can't get it before 18 here), but now that it's dead, I live happily ever after with no car (since almost 3 years now). Have to buy one soon though ; going to work with someone is cool, but being a burden isn't.
louster200  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
expertwin wrote:
PuppetMaster9 wrote:
E3 is coming, and I even can't watch it live because of school finals, a situation that has somehow occurred in every year I've had in high school.

If it takes place during the last week of my senior year -- which takes place EARLIER than the other three grades -- my life will officially suck.

This bogus shit is why I hate school.

How dare educational facilities not take the scheduling of entertainment media into account when planning testing dates!

YEAH FUCK SCHOOL

VIDYA GAMES ALL DAY

PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

louster200 wrote:
VIDYA GAMES ALL DAY

JUST WANNA PLAY VIDEO GAMES
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fug wrote:
Sister keeps bitching about how unfair her life is because she might not get a car to drive to school with for her senior year of high school. She's threatening to move out to live with a friend next year because it's so unfair that her older brothers were given a car in their senior years and she might not get one. I keep calling her out on how ridiculous she's being and that she doesn't understand what "unfair" means, to which she tells me that she has a harder life than me. It's getting so fucking hard to resist the urge to strangle the stupidity out of her that I can't stand being in the same room with her anymore. I hope she someday has to deal with a minute amount of depression, self-loathing, and alienation I deal with everyday just to see her crack from knowing what true pain and "unfairness" feel like.

I don't know anything about your sister, but I think she has a right to be upset about the car. If all of the other siblings received one, should she not expect to receive one too? I don't think that's reason to move out and live with a friend though. She would find out that isn't all that fun in like a month probably.

My brother got a brand new Corolla when he turned 16, and he totaled it within 6 months. I didn't get any car until my senior year, and that was because I had $1500 from working to put on it. My car was used, but it is still a really nice car (a '02 silver Taurus). I haven't put so much as a scratch on that car since I got it, and he has since totaled another car; both of these wrecks were his fault. I feel like they spent a lot more money on him than they did me, and it really upsets me sometimes.
Ontwikseltsaar  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
louster200 wrote:
VIDYA GAMES ALL DAY

Let's spare people the confusion, and give them a trauma right away, shall we?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Dodongo  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
PiemanLK wrote:
louster200 wrote:
VIDYA GAMES ALL DAY

DEAR LORD WHY

R.I.P. Sikth. We Love You.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Gwylum Wii Friend Code: 429613877062
expertwin  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
louster200 wrote:
VIDYA GAMES ALL DAY

ALL THE THYME AN EVRY DEIGH
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

expertwin wrote:
PiemanLK wrote:
louster200 wrote:
VIDYA GAMES ALL DAY

ALL THE THYME AN EVRY DEIGH

im ashamed to say i knew what you guys were talking about

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was given a used car on my 17th birthday (just before I graduated high school) with the declaration that I now owed my father $4,000. Still, I was never hounded for the money and ended up paying him back 3-4 years later, after I had paid off my school debts etc.. I even made $1,200 when someone sideswiped me (The book value of the car was $5200, and my ever hustlin father helped me find another car for exactly $4,000).

So personally I think that's a fair system: Give them something that will help them succeed, but find a way to make them work for it. A kid with the responsibility of financing his own car is a kid who will drive carefully (relatively speaking).
louster200  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodongo wrote:
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
PiemanLK wrote:
louster200 wrote:
VIDYA GAMES ALL DAY

DEAR LORD WHY

HAHAHAHAHA THIS IS AWESOME.

I WASN'T EVEN REFERENCING THIS.

Fug  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only reason my bro and I got cars in our senior years was because our parents bought themselves new ones (of their own will; we didn't have any influence on it) and didn't need them anymore. They didn't buy them for us; they already had them. And they're not state-of-the-art brand new cars either. Mine is a '96 Dodge Intrepid that has brakes that squeal louder than your mother during sex. My bro's car is a 2000? Dodge Mini-Caravan (which my parents "gave" to him before he had his license, iirc).

Now for my sister, my parents don't want to buy themselves another new car because they don't need another one now. THIS is why it's ridiculous. She wants them to drop 10K+ just to buy a used car for her (or for my dad so she could then take his car).

Also, if my parents had sold mine or my bros instead of giving them to us, they'd get $1000 - $1500 tops so it's not like we robbed them of something extremely valuable like my sister would.

Not the same whatsoever.

EDIT: Also, after reading arvain's post, it should be noted that my sister is the most distracted person ever. She's been driving with my parents for over a year now and it's still terrifying to have to ride with her driving.

And now for my rant today:

Fuck the people in my group in my microbiology class. One of them is a social worker in a hospital, one is a nurse's assistant, and the other does some kind of work with medications in a retirement home. All of their jobs are relevant to some field of science and they've been taking classes related to this one for years. This is the first science course I've taken since junior year high school (5 years ago now, wow) so, naturally, whenever something in our lab gets messed up it's always my fault since I'm the less competent and educated one by default. They act all friendly and smug to each other, but always treat me like I'm retarded. The best part of all is that I scored the highest on our only lab exam thus far and they still think I'm the dumb one. I thought the people in business school were the most cliquey and unappealing people ever, but these guys are giving them a run for their money.

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyromaniac wrote:
I was given a used car on my 17th birthday (just before I graduated high school) with the declaration that I now owed my father $4,000. Still, I was never hounded for the money and ended up paying him back 3-4 years later, after I had paid off my school debts etc.. I even made $1,200 when someone sideswiped me (The book value of the car was $5200, and my ever hustlin father helped me find another car for exactly $4,000).

So personally I think that's a fair system: Give them something that will help them succeed, but find a way to make them work for it. A kid with the responsibility of financing his own car is a kid who will drive carefully (relatively speaking).

Yeah, same here. I got my mom's old car when I turned 16 and she got a new one, and it was nothing too special: a 2002 Ford Focus. But I paid off the remainder of the car with my own money and drove it carefully knowing I'd have to pay for any further repairs myself too (such as that time when I was learning to drive that I knocked off the mirror while backing out of the garage <__<)

It's the car I still drive to this day, though, so obviously that financially-smart parenting did something right.

As for my own rant: My mental state as of late has begun to worry me (mostly work stress). Yesterday as I was driving to work I was about to change lanes and I guess it was early-morning stupidity or just overall stupidity but I didn't see the guy in the huge pickup there coming up on the other side of me and I almost had a terrible accident going 70mph. There was no accident though, just a near heart-attack on my part. The incident scared me of course, but then I had a frightening moment where I realized a disturbing amount of apathy I've got going on inside my head. I really wouldn't be too sad for myself if my stupid mistake got me hurt or killed (in fact it would quickly get rid of all of those work problems, even if I'd be too dead to appreciate it). But I wouldn't want to leave my spouse/family with any crazy medical or funeral bills, so there's a good enough reason to keep on staying alive :P ...That's an awfully depressing way to look at life, isn't it?

It's often that I think about how I/my family would be ruined if any of us ever got hurt or sick and had to go to the hospital... I could actually see myself in a state of emergency and weighing my options if the $800 ambulance ride is really worth it (I am embarrassingly frugal). These are the things that keep me up at night. You people in Canada don't know how good you have it

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
arvain  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hailz wrote:
There was no accident though, just a near heart-attack on my part.

Damn... Those moments are terrible ! Good thing there was no accident. =)

Hailz wrote:
(in fact it would quickly get rid of all of those work problems, even if I'd be too dead to appreciate it).

That's what I think too. And yeah, people do throw me weird looks when I say that, but meh, whatever floats their boat. Works for me.

Fug wrote:
EDIT: Also, after reading arvain's post, it should be noted that my sister is the most distracted person ever. She's been driving with my parents for over a year now and it's still terrifying to have to ride with her driving.

Yeah then... no car sounds like a better option ! Plus, if it wasn't really a decision to buy you and your brother a car, but more for convenience after buying a new car for themselves, I see no unfairness in this. If your parents buy some other stuff that you and your brother will clearly have no use to (or if you're going to be dangerous with it ), and decide to give the one they had before to your sister because it'll be useful for her, then cool x)

Also, my neighbour... ... is a nice guy, and pretty cute too, but thank goodness I went to bed pretty early yesterday : around 9am this morning, I was awaken by his music !!! I mean... I know people's tastes in music differ, but the isolation here is absolutely terrible (non existant)... so since it's now 10am and I'm ready to do stuff, I think I'm going to blast some french/international variety music (this shit keeps me going, sue me =P), OR keep playing ghWoR Vox, singing my lungs out, so that it covers his music/gives him an idea of how well we can hear each other's music And since he's also drumming almost everyday (at decent hours though), I might start playing drums too sometime soon with my conscience clear x) Been forever since I last hit my pads.
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
I could actually see myself in a state of emergency and weighing my options if the $800 ambulance ride is really worth it (I am embarrassingly frugal).

Aye, the only times I've been to the doctor or hospital since the age of 5 are when I had to get immunizations for college, when I got my thumb hacked by a machete, and when I had to have surgery on the hacked thumb.
I just don't want to spend 3 weeks worth of paychecks dealing with an issue that could have gone away on its own in a few days. Besides, if I'm sick enough to consider going to the doctor, the last place I want to be is in a doctor's office, swooning and vomiting incessantly while surrounded by people who have almost nothing wrong with them.

But I'm cynical and make bad choices.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 397, 398, 399, 400  Next
Page 398 of 400

Jump to: