ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Rant thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 398, 399, 400  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dodongo  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if this is a rant but I want to post it here anyways.

So about a month ago, I went to the pub (yay for being 18) and proceeded to get rather drunk. I'm probably a bit of a lightweight, so after 5 pints of lager I decided to call it a day before things got messy. Went home, slept, got up, showered, and decided to make some toast to try and ease the horrendous hangover I had.

So, halfway through the toast, just as I was getting ready to eat those badboys (four rounds, I had peanut butter on one, bovril on another, pickle on the third and jam on the last, they looked fucking divine), I had a seizure. Yeah, a full blow epileptic seizure. I had been jittery all morning, having brief clonus movements causing me to drop things occasionally, but I thought nothing of it - happens after I get drunk. So anyway, I'm seizing and apparently I fell back and cut my head open. I don't remember, all I remember is dropping the knife (just a regular eating one, not a carving knive or anything thankfully) and seizing up.

When I come around, I'm lying on the floor looking at my mum in a small pool of blood. I wasn't in any excruciating pain, and I wasn't scared. That's what shocks me most. I feel so detatched about it all, like it's happening to someone else. I don't really care. In fact, I was so confused I remember hugging my mum because I didn't know what was going on. So yeah, the EMT's came, went to hospital, got my head glued and got a scan scheduled for this Friday on my head. Quick thing, fucking love the NHS.

Anyways, this obviously means I can't drink, because I could die if I have another seizure - obviously, not likely, but what's the point in risking it, don't know what it is yet. Which is a bit odd, because, well, being an 18 year old kid that's kinda what you do (in Britain anyway, the alcoholic nation). At first it was a bit annoying but now I sort of wonder why I did it so much. Yeah, it's useful and I can pretty much strike up a conversation with anyone, but FUCK do I hate myself drunk, I just sound like a prick (in my eyes, luckily everyone else doesn't think so). What's more is the next day I feel fine, a little tired but that's it.

More than that, I used to think I was massively socially awkward - and I guess I was, but I think I may have outgrown it - yeah, I'm still a bit shy but for the most part I can talk to people reasonably naturally. So I guess I'm wondering what will I do if I can drink after? Will I? Hmmmm.

R.I.P. Sikth. We Love You.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Gwylum Wii Friend Code: 429613877062
Yewb  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really sucks. I had juvenile epilepsy between 11 and 15, and was on sodium valproate for it until I was 18; so I couldn't drink. Kind of the reverse of your situation, I guess. Hope everything pans out alright, chances are pretty good that it was a one-off and you're fine

Unrelated: fuck train prices. My girlfriend (I have one now, apparently; check that shit out) lives literally the other side of the country in East Anglia - I'm in the Westcountry - and neither of us will be able to afford to see each other for weeks; if not months. This is unpleasant in a whole different way to not having a girlfriend at all, and it's rubbish
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.

Last edited by Yewb on Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got let go from my side job, because I'm working my ass off, doing everything I can and more, just to get told I'm not doing enough. Apparently the asshole manager has been claiming my work as his, and since I was the "new guy", I got blamed for complaints. Not even putting up a fight, hated the job anyways. But it just really pisses me off that people can be so shallow.

FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yewb wrote:
Unrelated: fuck train prices. My girlfriend (I have one now, apparently; check that shit out) lives literally the other side of the country in East Anglia - I'm in the Westcountry - and neither of us will be able to afford to see each other for weeks; if not months. This is unpleasant in a whole different way to not having a girlfriend at all, and it's rubbish

Get a student railcard/16-25 railcard & depending on your circumstance, sign on or get some form of job. The railcard does the rest, talk about a godsend.
Also Thetrainline.com. USE IT!

On topic, seriously fuck tour buses & holidaymakers. The scourges of the earth are NOTHING compared to the trouble a pack of German old people can cause you at work. They keep buying all the bloody marmalade
What is it with German people and marmalade?

Also, the cheque I needed through for Friday naturally arrived today. Typical.

But you know, first world problems and all that right?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dodongo: Holy shit, dude. You make my complaints seem petty and lame in comparison. Glad everything is OK for the time being, and hope the scan further confirms as much. (In unrelated international news: I had to look up what the hell Bovril was. I am enlightened.)

Vampyromaniac wrote:
GuitarHailz wrote:
I could actually see myself in a state of emergency and weighing my options if the $800 ambulance ride is really worth it (I am embarrassingly frugal).

Aye, the only times I've been to the doctor or hospital since the age of 5 are when I had to get immunizations for college, when I got my thumb hacked by a machete, and when I had to have surgery on the hacked thumb.
I just don't want to spend 3 weeks worth of paychecks dealing with an issue that could have gone away on its own in a few days.

Yeah, I feel that. Like when I have a head cold or a hacking cough or something: it's almost certainly going to be some trivial thing, and there's nothing anyone can prescribe for me outside of good hydration and bed rest, and I'm wasting my own money and everyone else's time by sacking out in a doctor's office. Admittedly, sometimes this means I end up making poor life choices, like the time I rolled my car - the one from the previous page of this thread, come to think of it - across two lanes of freeway traffic, and was probably going into shock a little bit, but got to sign the "nope! don't take me to a hospital! I'm cool!" form all the same. (In retrospect, I'm kind of amazed that they let me do so. "Twenty-year-old kid just experienced a major traumatic life event? Oh, he'll be fine! Let him sit on the side of the road then have a nice chat with a tow truck driver; that'll probably do.")

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yewb wrote:

Sympathy, dude. I did the long-distance relationship thing for a while - not quite East Anglia to Westcountry distance, but it was still in the region of £40 and 8-9 hours on the train over a weekend, almost every weekend. Maybe there's scope for meeting half way?

From other posts: Bovril is one of the items on my list of things I'll really miss if I ever leave this country.

So. We've got new cereal bowls. They're the same diameter as the old ones at the top, a lot deeper but tapered towards the bottom so you'd think they hold about the same amount. Using them for the first time: what's the appropriate amount of cereal and milk to put in them? Because, y'know, it's easy to judge with a familiar bowl, but not so much with a new one. (For those curious, the answer is "I have no fucking idea, but a hell of a lot less than I just used, 'cos that was way too much and I am now just a big bag of flesh and cereal". First world problems, etc.)

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Davers  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hippies are retarded. They are against the government and anti-war and even anti-military, but can't lift a finger to even try to help our economy in a sensible way. Their solution is to sit around and not be a part of it all and watch it all fall apart and just smoke, yet they are always ready to verbally express their disbelief in America. Oh, and live in your parent's basement too. Apparently, you're not a real hippie until you move down there.
youhas  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
From other posts: Bovril is one of the items on my list of things I'll really miss if I ever leave this country.

If it makes you feel any better, if ever you're in some major metropolitan area in the United States, there'll invariably be some sort of "Ye Olde Coole Stuffe Shoppe" for [country of interest] kicking around that explicitly imports such goodies for the benefit of expatriate folks. Ridiculously overpriced, without a question, but an authentic taste of home will be reasonably close at hand. (Last summer, while trying to find a convenience store to pick up a random six-pack of beer for a party, I found a corner shop in suburban nowhere that specialized in Russian and Ukrainian goods, where all the packaging was in Cyrillic and whatnot. Awesome that this store is around, although its existence raises more questions than answers.)

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
Yewb wrote:

Sympathy, dude. I did the long-distance relationship thing for a while - not quite East Anglia to Westcountry distance, but it was still in the region of £40 and 8-9 hours on the train over a weekend, almost every weekend. Maybe there's scope for meeting half way?

What is it with us internet people and long distance relationships? Christ!

I have to go to Lichfield because we both agree that Coventry is a shithole. It's only £12 but fucking hell, it's a bus to the bus depot, then another to the train station, then a commuter peak time train to Birmingham, then a "Hey guys I'm gonna shop at 19 different stops on the way to Lichfield" train. I know Coventry to Lichfield is literally nothing compared to those (2 hours compared to 8-9) but its still a pain in the arse when you just want to go have coffee.

But yeah, people who have jobs, but don't appreciate them piss me off. I covered a saturday night at the pub (again >_>) and the guy who worked from 12 til 5 did nothing. Nothing. The guy hadn't even scraped plates, put bin bags in, turned the machine on and filled it up or sorted the cutlery from the night before. How does this guy still have a job? He's being paid exactly the same as me, yet I'm doing more than a days work in 5 hours whereas he's drinking orange squash and having 7 smoke breaks. And this is why I was still there at 11:30 when the rest of the staff went home at 9.

My money is he's sleeping with the owners.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck airplane security. I know it's important, but goddamn is it annoying.
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOE2210 wrote:
What is it with us internet people and long distance relationships? Christ!

I spend way too much time on the internet, meet tons of people from wicked far away and sometimes we click. It's kind of like what I would do in real life if I had any social skills (and knew anybody cute that I wasn't afraid to ask out).

Hobo111 wrote:
Fuck airplane security. I know it's important, but goddamn is it annoying.

For the most part it's actually just security theater.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
bclare  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

youhas wrote:
thecaptainof wrote:

If it makes you feel any better, if ever you're in some major metropolitan area in the United States, there'll invariably be some sort of "Ye Olde Coole Stuffe Shoppe" for [country of interest] kicking around that explicitly imports such goodies for the benefit of expatriate folks. Ridiculously overpriced, without a question, but an authentic taste of home will be reasonably close at hand. (Last summer, while trying to find a convenience store to pick up a random six-pack of beer for a party, I found a corner shop in suburban nowhere that specialized in Russian and Ukrainian goods, where all the packaging was in Cyrillic and whatnot. Awesome that this store is around, although its existence raises more questions than answers.)

I live in a very Russian neighborhood; not that everyone here is Russian / eastern European, but enough people are that there are several stores like that. There's a grocery store called Babushka Deli right across the street from me. I've never actually been in there though.

Side note: I had to look up what "bovril" was too, and I giggled a little reading the description on wikipedia

Quote:
thick, salty meat extract

JOE2210  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bclare wrote:

Side note: I had to look up what "bovril" was too, and I giggled a little reading the description on wikipedia

Quote:

Call me biased, but it's actually delicious.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
FL4RE  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOE2210 wrote:
bclare wrote:
Quote:

Call me biased, but it's actually delicious.

Do I even have to say anything?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I was told today that my cousin is having trouble with something on her truck (can't remember what it was) so she brought it in to get it checked. The mechanic said he won't bother to fix whatever it is because the engine is so shitty that the truck will probably only last another 6 months or so. A new engine would be $1,700 according to her. So what do you think her plan is to fix this?

She's going to try to sell it online for $7,100; $2,000 MORE than what she paid for it, without disclosing the fact that it's pretty much dead, so she can afford to buy herself another truck. When called out on how completely shady and just flat-out evil this is, my aunt defended her by saying, "well, it's buyer beware!"

In addition to this, they are trying to get my cousin to be listed as living with her older brother (who JUST bought himself a house like a month ago) so she can get more money back on her tax returns next year (she actually lives with her parents).

These are the same people that bitched incessantly when the government bailed out the auto industry, saying "they're stealing and cheating money out of all of us!" and the same people that think it's ridiculous that people can live off of unemployment for so long by "cheating the system" by just picking up job apps or whatever ridiculous method they've built into their heads. All my aunt does is bitch about how evil the democrats are by taking our tax money and putting it towards "useless causes", and now here she is doing EXACTLY what she complains about every day; cheating the system and taking tax money.

Why, dear god WHY, do I have to be related to this?

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 398, 399, 400  Next
Page 399 of 400

Jump to: