ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Rant thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 398, 399, 400

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LethalFishEater  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad that I only have to deal with my roommates' bullshit for a week and then I never have to see any of them again. On the opposite side of the spectrum, 5-6 page literary analysis essay due by Wednesday, a Physics final Wednesday at 7AM and back to back Math finals on Friday [Methods of Proof from 10-1PM, Differentials I from 1-4PM] makes me a sad Fosh.

[e] Page 400 like a champion.
Shoutouts to #bannerhero and Gregman for not getting top of the page.
Shoutout to HAT for being a HAT.
Shoutout to inv4der for ruining SH with pictures.

<+gregoryzero> The Rant Thread still sucks
^
>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyromaniac wrote:
Actually this is the second time it's reached page 400.
And since it's the rant thread I'll point out that this is the third time I've had a non-trolling post deleted because a mod decided to just indiscriminately chop off a whole section at once.
That's the difficulty of being a mod. Do you approach the thread with the Sledgehammer of Great Justice, smashing every errant post/member you see into The Oblivion of Banland(!), and thereby removing possibly useful/witty posts, or do you sneak in with the Katana of Unyielding Mercy, and subtly cleave away the bad posts, but at a risk of allowing the same thing to happen, by leaving context/precedent for such a thing? It's a fine balance, and a thankless task at the best of times, and one for which I think the moderators don't get thanked enough for.

Sometimes you just need to look bad posts in the eye, and say "Neigh, bad posts, away with you!", although admittedly, there hasn't been as much of a structured mod environment for us to look up to, at least not recently.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShadoWolf wrote:
although admittedly, there hasn't been as much of a structured mod environment for us to look up to, at least not recently.

In the absence of a such a structured mod environment, might I suggest one good guideline is that if a bunch of crap gets removed once, there's no need to put it in a second or third time?

Oh I forgot, this was supposed to be witty. Oh well.

Apologies to Vampyromaniac, got you again. Think this is the last time though.

Quote:
It's a fine balance, and a thankless task at the best of times, and one for which I think the moderators don't get thanked enough for.

Not really sure if you are serious or sarcastic, but the best way people can thank us is to not call us out. If people aren't going to extend that courtesy, then the Banhammer of Fascist Moderator Oppression can be the go-to guy instead.

I'm going to keep this locked for now. If one of the other staff is willing to watch it they can unlock it or there can maybe be a new one (the page 400 thing is a real mental block for a few people here).
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 398, 399, 400
Page 400 of 400

Jump to: