ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Rant thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 398, 399, 400  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MrOmyA  





Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Posts: 2751

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheLonging wrote:
All of my friends think terrorism is going to end soon, if even over a period of a couple of years and things will quiet down because Osama is dead.

Hahaha where do people get these crazy ideas
So I guess they think that one person dies it automically equals the end of using violence to intimidate people forever.

Oh wait they mean jihad don't they.

It's still stupid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The-B.O.D.  





Joined: 20 Dec 2008
Posts: 2408
Location: Portland, Oregon

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what, fuck my xbox. It's being really dumb right now and not reading disks well at all. I had to turn auto-play on to get the disks to go through, and even then the game loaded while the dashboard said "open tray" O_o. If My xbox breaks my GH playing days will be pretty much over, because my PS2 recently broke too >_<
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BongOfDestiny50
Saru786  





Joined: 20 Dec 2008
Posts: 1650
Location: In a box...

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-B.O.D. wrote:
You know what, fuck my xbox. It's being really dumb right now and not reading disks well at all. I had to turn auto-play on to get the disks to go through, and even then the game loaded while the dashboard said "open tray" O_o. If My xbox breaks my GH playing days will be pretty much over, because my PS2 recently broke too >_<


All you really have to do is when you inset the game in, push the tray in with your hands and keep it pushed in all the way until it reads the disk. Worked for me on the first try, and ever since then, it's been working fine.
_________________
9001 wrote:
If you read the scum QT, you'll probably end up thinking 3 things:

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
GesterX  





Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 1242
Location: Birmingham, UK

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The-B.O.D. wrote:
You know what, fuck my xbox. It's being really dumb right now and not reading disks well at all. I had to turn auto-play on to get the disks to go through, and even then the game loaded while the dashboard said "open tray" O_o. If My xbox breaks my GH playing days will be pretty much over, because my PS2 recently broke too >_<


This happened to me and eventually it wouldn't read discs at all and I had to get a new xbox.
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: GesterX
alexhaz64  





Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4230
Location: Long Beach, CA

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GesterX wrote:
The-B.O.D. wrote:
You know what, fuck my xbox. It's being really dumb right now and not reading disks well at all. I had to turn auto-play on to get the disks to go through, and even then the game loaded while the dashboard said "open tray" O_o. If My xbox breaks my GH playing days will be pretty much over, because my PS2 recently broke too >_<


This happened to me and eventually it wouldn't read discs at all and I had to get a new xbox.


Happened to me too, multiple times. Started working again randomly each time. So idk. :p

Mini-rant, related to Davers' post: My toilet's clogged, and somehow my apartment doesn't have a plunger in it at all. Wtf, seriously? DX
_________________
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message
uSound  





Joined: 24 May 2009
Posts: 1180
Location: Virginia

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To keep myself from writing a novel the story goes like this (yay for bullets):

- Girlfriend broke up with me because I honestly got too complacent, no hard feelings, wants to stay best friends since we were before the relationship (~3 years).
- I still love her, she ends up getting a boyfriend a month post-breakup
- Rocky times since then, have found out that she still maintains some sort of feelings with me ~2 months later (just called me 'babe' today on accident)
- Finally had a deep conversation, was finally coming to some sort of peace since we were both being super real with each other when boyfriend unexpectedly drops by with roses.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU

This is a seriously stripped down version of what's happening, but it's still obviously shitty. I'm just mad at this scenario so much (there's the rant aspect) and I really don't feel like hearing "yo just stop talking to her" because I've heard that too many times. (That's a whole other rant.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: uSound PSN Name: uSoundSH
ready2rock  





Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 1737
Location: somewhere in this vast universe

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A story for a discussion from earlier in the thread, then some asking for advice.

There's this girl that I've known for about 2 years and we've been pretty good friends. Me dating her never crossed my mind because A) I didn't really want it at the time and B) she had a boyfriend anyway. Recently, however, things got a little more complicated. I had found out that she had broken up with her boyfriend and when I was at her birthday party and everyone had left, I asked her what had happened. What followed was a very long conversation (probably the longest I've had with anyone from school (around 2 hours)) about not just the relationship, but about a lot of stuff (school, religion, politics, etc.). After this, we have hung out a lot more and I have started to become more attracted to her. I liked her open-mindedness and her ability to hold a conversation about just about anything. This really drove home what you guys were talking about earlier about people being more attracted to intelligence than looks. I didn't really start to have these feelings until I started to really talk to her.

Now the other day I told her how I feel, and she said that she would think about it and that we'll see what happens. Since she just got out of a tough relationship a month and a half ago, her even considering me was more than I expected and has made me admire her more.

OK, now for the tricky part. Ordinarily, I would try to win her over by doing something special for her. However, there are 2 problems with this approach:

1. I have never been in a relationship before and wouldn't know what to do even if I wanted to.

2. Her last relationship ended because he was being too pushy, not giving her any time alone, and wanting nothing to change even after she broke up with him for these reasons. I don't want to come off in that way.

This is the dilema I'm facing. Is there anything I can do for her so that she will say yes without coming off as too pushy or reminding her of her last relationship?

I know people talk about the friend zone being bad (and I know, having been there myself), but this in-between waiting for her to decide is torture.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message
Ontwikseltsaar  





Joined: 19 Apr 2008
Posts: 1525
Location: Leiden, The Netherlands

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate austin powers. The guys is just so incredibly lame. Somehow he just makes the lame jokes that SOMEHOW just work when actors like Jim Carrey or Leslie Nielsen do (did) them, even lamer. And can you say overacting? ...the bad way though.

Yeah, my arguments are THAT good.
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
this1neguy  





Joined: 19 Aug 2007
Posts: 5440
Location: Flint, MI

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see.

I did pretty badly this semester because I'm absolutely awful at calculus so now my further higher education is in jeopardy because I have nothing planned at the school I currently attend but I don't know if I can get into the school I actually want to transfer to anymore.

I don't want to get a job, but I want to get a job. Does that make sense at all? Not really. So instead of doing anything proactive I sit around the house and do nothing (well, I filled out an online application for a job at Borders I highly doubt I have any chance of being called back about). Because of this, I get constant nagging and shit from my dad about it. And on days when I wake up and don't want to go to tennis or work out, he has to call me out on it, which gets rather annoying when all I want is a day off. I'm sure college tennis players aren't taking today off but unlike a few other people I don't believe I'm good enough to play at that level anyway.

It's almost enough to make me miss high school. x_x



In other news, ready2rock, you should put a link to youhas' "view all posts by this user" page in your "posts that win" section of your sig. As for what to do with that girl...just let things happen. If it turns out she likes you, you'll probably end up finding that out naturally as you spend time together (just hanging out or whatever regardless of whether there are other people around). Give her time but make your presence felt, but know that if you overdo it in either direction you'll get screwed over (either (a) you appear too pushy and she recoils or (b) you get friendzoned and see her start dating some other idiot who you don't feel deserves her). Just be chill, be yourself, and let things flow.
_________________
i played GH once upon a time | big 3000th post
links:
facebook | youtube | twitter | tumblr | last.fm | rateyourmusic
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: this1neguy
Yewb  





Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 3020
Location: Plymouth, UK

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ready2rock wrote:

i am sexually frustrated


You need to do two things to even save your friendship, let alone attain a sexual relationship with her.

One: DO NOT PUSH HER
Two: Respect her decision. Same concept, but the other side of rejection.

Protip: if she takes longer than a day to decide, she doesn't want it enough and it will run its course after your age in weeks at most. If it's been more than that, chalk it up to experience and try to move on. It's not easy, but it's a damn sight easier than the alternative: maintaining that crush simply because you're scared of not maintaining it, then watching them get with someone else or break off their friendship with you because you're obsessing over them. I've done both, and I've learnt that it simply is not worth hanging on. I'm ashamed of how long it took me to realise that.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have asked her out. In fact, I'm fairly sure you'll be happier in the long run than if you hadn't, no matter what she eventually says. But honestly, ask once and make it crystal clear that you value her friendship regardless of her rejecting you (if she does). It's not implicit. Say it to her.
_________________
expertwin wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:
expertwin wrote:
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
ready2rock  





Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 1737
Location: somewhere in this vast universe

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@This1neguy: I add that into my sig since you're right. Also, yeah, putting pressure on her after that is what caused her breakup is not the best move. I'd still like to hear ideas for anything I can do for her, although right now I'll probably just talk to her and, as is said in Beauty and the Beast, "speak from the heart."

@Yewb: First off, I never said sexually frustrated in that post. I definitely want something out of this relationship, but at this point, neither of us want sex.

Although it would not be my first choice by a long shot, I think I would be able to accept staying friends.

On the "longer than a day" thing: Long story short, I'm taking someone else to prom as friends so that she can be in our group (she's a sophomore). The girl I like is going without a date, but is in our group. We agreed that it would be inconsiderate to the girl I'm taking to start anything before prom, so we need to wait until afterwords. As a result, I have to wait a week and a half to know what she wants, and it SUCKS!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message
GuitarHailz  





Joined: 11 Jun 2007
Posts: 4910
Location: Austin, Texas

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
It's almost enough to make me miss high school. x_x

Don't ever say that again. Seriously. Clarence the angel will come down and make you relive High School so you can learn a lesson about life, or something. Don't put yourself through that!

As for the jobs: Craigslist! Lots of places can't afford to put ads in the newspaper or on eBay, but Craigslist job ads are cheap. Apply to as many of those as you can.

And there's always the timeless "yard work and babysitting." The two things nobody wants to do, especially in the summer. You can make some serious cash for babysitting.
_________________

1KJ08mq.jpg
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
JOE2210  





Joined: 19 Apr 2009
Posts: 2480
Location: In the Gagasphere

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate having all the symptoms of diabetes but not being able to be officially classed as diabetic because my last fasting blood sugar reading was a little off.
I reckon I have like, diabetes light.
Monobetes.
_________________



Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: JOE2210
thecaptainof  





Joined: 04 May 2007
Posts: 7571
Location: \(_o)/

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear brother,

It's always good when you come and visit, it's good to see you. But would it kill you to go home and take a damn shower first if you've spent the afternoon out fishing, and maybe leave your leftover bait outside? Hell, even if you don't want to go home first, we've got a perfectly functional shower right here. But no. The whole house fucking stinks now. It's permeating every space. My bedroom door is shut and it's even getting in here. It's fucking nasty. Sort it out.

Kind regards,
everyone except dad, who apparently has no sense of smell any more.

EDIT: I've been enjoying Red Dead Redemption for the past few days, a good game that didn't seem to have a particularly steep difficulty curve, nothing exceptionally challenging until *BAM* impossible race.
_________________


yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?


Last edited by thecaptainof on Fri May 13, 2011 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message
Yewb  





Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 3020
Location: Plymouth, UK

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOE2210 wrote:
I hate having all the symptoms of diabetes but not being able to be officially classed as diabetic because my last fasting blood sugar reading was a little off.
I reckon I have like, diabetes light.
Monobetes.


Ayup.

Although, I much prefer "monobetes".
_________________
expertwin wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:
expertwin wrote:
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 398, 399, 400  Next
Page 46 of 400

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Copyright © 2006-2018 ScoreHero, LLC
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy


Powered by phpBB