ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Portal 2 is Out Now
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fUNC  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:45 pm    Post subject: Portal 2 is Out Now Reply with quote

It's hard to believe that the game which has been on top of my most-wanted games list since the world heard about it last year is only a week away. There's a weird feeling of fear and excitement here, and I'm staying right on this side of cautiously optimistic.

After all, there are so many questions with Portal 2. How will the sequel to a pack-in $15 game translate to a full-fledged $60 game? Will the charm of the (relatively short) first game's campaign hold up? Will co-op be something we're still playing months from now or a simple gimmick? In any case, I can't wait to find out.

Wiki wrote:
In Portal 2 the player returns as Chell, having been in stasis for several hundred years while GLaDOS and the rest of the Aperture Science facility has fallen into disrepair. Chell is awakened by one of GLaDOS's personality cores, and inadvertently wakes GLaDOS; GLaDOS is immediately displeased at Chell's return and begins testing her again through numerous chambers as she rebuilds the dilapidated facility. Portal 2 continues to challenge the player through numerous platforming and physics-based puzzles using the Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device (ASHPD, also dubbed the "portal gun"), a device that can create a temporary wormhole between almost any two flat surfaces. Other gameplay elements are added to Portal 2 including tractor beams, laser redirection, and special paint-like gels, taken from the Independent Games Festival-winning DigiPen student project Tag: The Power of Paint, that imparts special properties to objects it touches, such as increased momentum. Portal 2 also includes a two-player co-operative mode in which each player-character is a robot that has become self-aware due to GLaDOS' influence, and requires the players to work together with their own portal guns to complete each level.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player

Last edited by fUNC on Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:34 am; edited 12 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Release date 4/19. Orly?

Looks like I'll be having a glorious 4/20.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to pre-purchase it on Steam for a cheap $45 as opposed to the usual $60 the consoles are getting lol. Needless to say, I'm really excited for this game .

The only thing holding me back? I'm still trying to get this guy I know to sign up for Steam so I can give him the free copy of Portal I'd be getting... if he waits too long, I'll just move on and ask here if anyone wants it .

Also, in other news, there's a Portal 2 official web comic you can read that bridges the story between Portal and Portal 2. It's called Lab Rat. Part two will be released sometime tomorrow.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!

Last edited by Qarx on Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuck the fact that this game is coming out the day after MK9. The gaming industry is making painfully obvious attempts at keeping me broke. :[
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray for Steam being cheaper
Mr.Scientist  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this thread and realised I had never played the original Portal (well, I played the demo on XBL but that was 10 seconds long) so I went out and bought The Orange Box. (Fun fact: it was the last copy on the shelf :o ) So yeah, I pretty much just bought it for Portal, but I heard that HL2 and TF2 are good too, so I'll surely try them as well. (3 games for the price of 1 = welcome)

If I enjoy Portal a lot, I'll probably wait a bit for a price drop and then buy Portal 2.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preordered on Steam, got the 2-pack for a cool $20 off. <3 Steam. Will be playing this day 1, no doubt. Hardest decision will be if I should jump into single-player or co-op right away.
Qarx  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspectfenster wrote:
Preordered on Steam, got the 2-pack for a cool $20 off. <3 Steam. Will be playing this day 1, no doubt. Hardest decision will be if I should jump into single-player or co-op right away.

Well, if you want to play co-op, we could play... I mean, I don't even have anyone on my Steam friends list yet....

is NOT a desperate cry for attention lol

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I preordered this on Amazon because there having a deal where amazon adds 20$ credit to your account, which is basically a free used game. Great deal for everybody.

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My car broke down, so I dunno yet if I can get this game or not on release day.

I am always down for some co-op.

MightySquirrel is my steam name. <3

Fun fact: My coffee cup at work is this one.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes... I know that Valve is a strictly PC-first developer, but is anybody planning on grabbing this on a console?

The PC version is cheaper, has free user-created content, etc., but at the end of the day the reason that I spend so much time on Live is the community, specifically the people on my FL.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
Yikes... I know that Valve is a strictly PC-first developer, but is anybody planning on grabbing this on a console?

The PC version is cheaper, has free user-created content, etc., but at the end of the day the reason that I spend so much time on Live is the community, specifically the people on my FL.

My girlfriend is, and I may just so I can play co-op with her...
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:

I preordered mine for the 360 because my laptop would struggle too much handling this, otherwise i would have defiantly got this on the pc.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:

They designed the game so it would be best to play on the PS3, and you'll get a free voucher for it on Steam if you get it on the ps3, IIRC. For 35$ (subtracting the 20$ you get on amazon for ordering it on a console only) it's a nice deal.
Klaww  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just preordered on amazon for 360. $5 off retail price, plus $20 credit? deal.
Besides, my computer will practically blow up i try to play anything larger than IWBTG. Not that im complaining, the game looks good on any console.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: