ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Portal 2 is Out Now
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CorpusCollosum  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally Rad Show host and filmmaker Dan Trachtenberg just released his live-action Portal short today, and it's really freaking cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4drucg1A6Xk&feature=youtu.be

Currently playing: Gears, Batman
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PistonHonda22 PSN Name: SodaPopinskii
Qarx  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CorpusCollosum wrote:
Totally Rad Show host and filmmaker Dan Trachtenberg just released his live-action Portal short today, and it's really freaking cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4drucg1A6Xk&feature=youtu.be

Fuck you, I wanted to post that .

Will copy+paste my thoughts on it from when I commented on Blistered Thumbs:

Very nice film, though I would have liked to have seen a little more of that Portal imagery we’re all so fond of (GLaDOS and Turrets were nowhere to be seen, and Cubes were barely seen at all). It felt more like a trailer for a movie than a short film to be honest, but I guess that stems from just wanting to see more from these people.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:

Very nice film, though I would have liked to have seen a little more of that Portal imagery we’re all so fond of (GLaDOS and Turrets were nowhere to be seen, and Cubes were barely seen at all). It felt more like a trailer for a movie than a short film to be honest, but I guess that stems from just wanting to see more from these people.

Totally, I'll hold my judgment for a gameplay video instead of this teaser trailer.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Qarx wrote:

Totally, I'll hold my judgment for a gameplay video instead of this teaser trailer.

Wait, what? This isn't a teaser trailer for anything. It's just a short film the guy has been working on for a year and half. In fact, all the shooting was finished before Portal 2 was even officially announced. Sorry to disappoint.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PistonHonda22 PSN Name: SodaPopinskii
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CorpusCollosum wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
Qarx wrote:

Wait, what? This isn't a teaser trailer for anything.

It was a joke. Because, you know, that's what everyone says when a preview for a game comes out. And it was based off of a game. So, yea.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha, apologies then. Sarcasm detector was on low. Use an emoticon next time!

PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CorpusCollosum wrote:
Ha, apologies then. Sarcasm detector was on low. Use an emoticon next time!

Or tell a funnier joke.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
Hey everyone! Check out this fan-made puppet based on Wheatley!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzG94ct2d5k

I second the top-rated comment on that video.

TAKE MY FUCKING MONEY. Actually, if they made a SPACE CORE I'd probably scream like a little girl

The same applies to that short film. If someone made this a movie and got the same voice actors, writers and such, mixed with those effects, it could be really cool. There's a bit of story to tell here: The old Aperture laboratories, the origin of Chell, the origin of GlaDOS. Though I guess the appeal of the series is that the player gets to fill in some of the gaps and we can play it feeling truly removed, like a rat in a maze. Some of the dark humor probably translates better as a game, but I'd be interested to see more film-type stuff for Portal, it has potential (just like I think a film version of Bioshock could be excellent if done well). I replayed it last weekend and I feel like I wan't more, I tell ya, more!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
suspectfenster  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't think a Portal feature film would hold my attention, but this short worked perfectly at exploring what a live-action rendition of the beloved series might look like. Any longer and you'd have to put in all sorts of dialogue, thicker plot line, etc, which at the very least would require tons of input on Valve's end. If it didn't, the end product would suffer.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suspectfenster wrote:
I really don't think a Portal feature film would hold my attention, but this short worked perfectly at exploring what a live-action rendition of the beloved series might look like. Any longer and you'd have to put in all sorts of dialogue, thicker plot line, etc, which at the very least would require tons of input on Valve's end. If it didn't, the end product would suffer.

This brings up a good point, about the dialogue at least, because part of Chell's mystery is her silence, it's definitely a self-insert for the player. And if she had a speaking part in the movie it would lose some of that "magic" so to speak (kind of like Link, I s'pose). But maybe someone will make more short films.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLC is finally coming stupid valve time http://pc.ign.com/articles/119/1197566p1.html?utm_campaign=twposts&utm_source=twitter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention, the third and final part of the soundtrack is out, and like the others, is free. Oh, and yes, it does include Want You Gone .

http://www.thinkwithportals.com/music.php

There's also a hidden comic featuring the Turrets lol. I'll let you find that on your own XD.

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
CorpusCollosum  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome times two! About time the DLC has a date, the game has been out for almost six months now. And the OST is great, I'm always glad to see composers releasing their music for free.

Qarx  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Challenge Mode is now out. Disappointingly, so far it seems it's just a trial run of most of the stages, even with the cutscenes in them (the first Chapter, anyway). The only thing you can accomplish is showing off how good (or bad) you are at the game by showing how few Portals it takes, and how quickly you can get through each Chamber . I, personally, was hoping for at least "hard mode" Chambers (though preferably new Chambers altogether)... maybe it's time to start downloading user-generated custom maps, huh?

EDIT:

Haven't started up those new stages yet, so if anyone playing on PS3/PC HAS NOT played those stages yet, let me know if you want to play. Near as I can tell, they're Co-Op only, though Challenge Mode can be played Single Player or Co-Op.

Oh, yeah, and Portal 2 is on sale now. For $15. That's 50% off. If you don't already own this game, now is the perfect time to buy .

My Backloggery
raynebc  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On sale where?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 19 of 20

Jump to: