Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bucket Lists
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blehgopie  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't make one of these if I tried, because to be totally honest, I hope I live in a rut. Provided it's a self-sustaining rut and fairly comfortable.

I honestly don't even want a family, I just want a stable career, a place to live, obvious necessities, and video games.

I guess I could make one:

Learn to play a real instrument (most likely drums, as Rock Band more or less teaches you the basics and I'm pretty decent at them, and I have played on a real kit using my RB knowledge). I'd probably already have this if I could afford a drum kit...

skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Unfortunately... I did all but two of my goals... which is kinda depressing being I am only 27.

That doesn't mean your life is complete, by any means.

I think bucket lists can be changed as time progresses. Our goals and aspirations can sometimes vary as big changes happen in our lives. I also think the point of a bucket list is to collectively gather our thoughts and goals. It's a way that helps us realize what we truely care about, but that's not to say it's the only way.

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I HAD to have one:

Travel through all 50 states (not sure how many at this point)
Watch a WWE PPV (probably Night of Champions, Bragging Rights, Royal Rumble, or Elimination Chamber) either in person or on PPV
Watch a WWE Wrestlemania live in person (if only to say I did)
Meet Shawn Micheals in person before he/I die(s)
Figure out just WHAT I want to do in life
Actually achieve what I want to do in life
Be completely financially stable (no debt whatsoever, EVERYTHING paid off, all items able to be bought in full upfront in cash)
Watch the Cardinals win the World Series in person in a Home game (I saw them win in '06 from home, VERY happy when they did)
Visit every country in Continental North America (excluding Greenland, Cuba, Puerto Rico, etc. Hawaii is counted with visiting all 50 states)
Perfect all Touhou games on Easy, 1CC all Touhou games on Normal and Hard, and 2CC all games on Lunatic (for StB and DS, just clear every stage)

And if you want to include GH/RB:
Both Series on-disc E-HOMBFSFC (excluding Trogdor because I refuse to buy Swap Magic, and the DS games)
Both series E-HOMBFSFC (also excludes Trogdor, and this includes all DLC for both sides, includes DS/PSP games, but probably not phone apps)
Visions, Thrasher, GGaHT, Satch, TTFAF, FotS, BWoLP, War Ensemble, Disposable Heroes, Fight Fire With Fire, Dyer's Eve and Painkiller HOMBFCs
Be the first to document on SH a GHM HDrums FGFC and/or GHSH HDrums FGFC

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

major in astrophysics from UC Berkeley

weeeeeee
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southparkhero wrote:
major in astrophysics from UC Berkeley

weeeeeee

ok

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- Become the valedictorian for the university I go to
- Own a 2005 BMW 330i (very nice car )
- Travel somewhere outside of this country
- Watch an NBA game live during the finals
- Make friends with people who actually give a damn about life and school
- Go skydiving
- Work two jobs during the same period
- Run in a sponsored race
- Get a six-pack
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: 100 Things To Do Before You Die! (A Bucket List!) Reply with quote

Friends, companions, others! Lend me your ears for a few moments, if you please. Inspired, in no short part, by the wonderful youhas' somewhat similar thread about death, and a trending topic on Twitter (#100ThingsToDoBeforeIDie), I have elected to make a thread to scour the SH community for ideas about their own bucket lists.

So, what do you want to do before you die, Scorehero?

I've always wanted to see the Aurora Borealis.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post in another bucket list thread? (Also inspired by Youhas.)
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find true love.
Skydive.
Scuba dive in the Arctic Circle.
Spend a day with Devin Townsend.

Will add more later, but that's the Big Four.
sukergod  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted in that one so I wont post much in this but my major one:

Get Married
Have Twins (1 of each)

Getting Married in December. (soon to be) Wife has Twins in her family so that would be cool
f4phantom2500  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does getting the first fc of a song (or highest score) count as breaking a world record, or are we talking like sanctioned records only (eg Guinness)?

i think, when considering something like this, it is wise to think of your desired accomplishments in groups - achievements of mind, body, and soul. these are your internal achievements. external achievements would be interactions you have with the world - visiting places, doing things for other people, etc. sometimes there will be overlap but this approach helps me feel that my list is more comprehensive for me.

off the top of my head, in no specific order:

-have a loving family and be a good father (someday...not necessarily soon, but not in the tooooo distant future, maybe 5~10 years i'll seriously think about settling down)

-achieve these exercises: one arm chin ups, planche push ups, human flag, front lever pull ups, pistol squat with hands behind my lower back, tiger bend handstand push ups, slow muscle ups, planche > handstand push ups, close a GHP level 7 gripper

- achieve at *least* shodan in aikido, I would also eventually like to take up one or two other martial arts and reach a similar level.

- achieve a Zen state of meditation and spiritual enlightenment...this is an ironic thing to put on this list since it requires overcoming desire, and wanting to do it is a desire..haha...oh well i very rarely meditate :/ but at least i acknowledge the irony here. i would love to meditate with Buddhist monks, i think i could learn a lot from them. as an extension of this and the last goal, learning Kung Fu *and* Buddhist meditation and philosophies from Shaolin monks would be amazing.

- GH goals (full series FC, on disc all 660 songs from 11 console GH games, not including GH2 360 exclusives)

- visit as many major ancient ruins as I can (Stonehenge, pyramids of Giza, Machu Picchu, Angkor Wat, Nazca lines, scuba dive at the ruins of the Lighthouse of Alexandria, etc)

- visit the north and south poles (in conjunction with the previous goal, this would conclude an unlisted goal - visiting every continent)

- "extreme" things (bungee jump, skydive, hang glide, scuba dive, etc). i would also like to do extremely high altitude skydiving, from the edge of space, which ties into my next goal...

- go into space.

- get really good at (real) guitar. like, comparable to my skill in GH.

- run a marathon in under 3 hours

- run the Spartathlon race (36 hour time limit foot race from Athens to Sparta [~150 miles])

- complete the Arch to Arc race (triathlon from London to Paris)

- get a doctorate...lol...i don't like school that much so i think a Master's is more realistic, but hey why not? a lot of this stuff on this list would take more effort than i would put into that area. hell at this rate i'll be happy with my Bachelor's.

- build a high efficiency house using technologies like Compressed Earth Blocks.

that's all i can think of for now.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
Post in another bucket list thread? (Also inspired by Youhas.)
Damn you, year old threads! Mods, feel free to merge/delete as necessary
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
MasterNobody  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One that's always been stuck with me is traveling to all seven continents. And not just setting foot on each of them, I really want to explore and immerse myself in different cultures. My ideal retirement is being that weird old couple with binoculars and dated clothing that you see at just about any tourist location anywhere ever.

I've lived in Copenhagen for four months and in the States for the other 249 months of my life, so I'd say I've got two down and five to go. Asia will probably be next, I'm not sure if I want to go to Japan or to more southern Asia (Thailand, Philippines, something like that) first.

I'd likely do Australia on this trip too if I had the time, which brings me to my other travel-related item, wanting to see every Major tennis tournament. I was fortunate enough last summer to see some of the French Open, and spent a day at the legendary Centre Court at Wimbledon that I'll never forget. So that leaves the Australian, which will obviously be the hardest being a 20-hour flight away and in the middle of ~100 degree Aussie summer (January); and the US Open, which is a 4 to 6 hour drive down 95. I think I'll make it there eventually.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be able to get married. That's all I want. Not a "civil partnership" not a "civil union", a marriage.

Also I'm gonna meet Lady Gaga. Whether it's at a gig or by breaking into her hotel at 5AM, I'm gonna get her autograph tattooed on me.

If I had to make an actual list though, it would be like this:
- Get married.
- Own a house outright.
- Go to a Mom and Pop diner in America. Dunno where, but I want to say I have been to one before they all die out.
- Meet Gaga.
- Get some sweet tattoos. And ones with meaning, not YOLO on my chin.
- Get some letters after my name, I'd love a PhD in something biology related, preferably Immunology.
- Get paid for being in a stage show, whether it's a musical, an amateur performance of Pinter or Cinderella in a pantomime. I want to be able to say I lived out the one dream I always had.

I think if I did those, I could die a happy man.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOE2210 wrote:
I've always wanted to run the London Marathon before I die.
I mean it will probably be the cause of death, but yeah.
I'm planning to either do next years or the year afters, just as an incentive to lose weight.
I've spoke to people who ran it last year, and I'm going to have to lose about 3 stone to even entertain the possibility, which sounds a lot, but its perfectly possible in about 6 months with a decent lifestyle change.

/ninja'd by thecaptain. Kind of, lol.
Fuck.

Guess what, shit didn't happen.
And probably wont.
Oh well.

I did lose the 3 stone though. 4 in reality!

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: