ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Demon's Souls / Dark Souls
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whelp, I went back to the Asylum (I guess it's supposed to be a secret that you can go back there) and fought the boss that everyone claimed to be the hardest in the game (the Asylum Demon v2). Beat him first try... O_O Beat the boss(es) of Anor Londo, too, so I basically only have to get past the Ceaseless Discharge and The Four Kings and then I'm onto the last chapter of the game which is (I think) going up against the 4 badasses in the opening cut-scene.

My Lightning Uchi is +4 and I'm loving it. Next I'll probably upgrade the Silver Knight Sword (dropped off of the knights in Anor Londo) or the Black Knight Sword. Teamed up with a guy that had a pure strength build and he was using the tail of the Stone Dragon.... Christ, that thing is huge and one-shot practically everything. Also, I'm assuming most of you have beaten Havel (the guy with the heavy armor and big ass sword on the way to the area under Undead Burg). Well I gots his armor, shield, and weapon. :3 I can wear the chest alone without being too heavy to roll well.

Stop being panzies and playing gay LoL and get on my level.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so apparently there is a speed run of a guy beating this game in 90 minutes.

What. The. Fuck.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh... what? Link?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Link

This is just depressing.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDoner8790 wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
Link

This is just depressing.

Shouldn't expect any less from dem Japs.
Kingofterrors  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched that whole thing, and that is ridiculous. Made me want to reroll a pyromancer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as a side note, I've created a channel on Gamesurge for people to come discuss Dark Souls/find people to play with/etc.

If anyone's interested, get your favorite irc client, connect to irc.gamesurge.net and join #DarkSouls

It's not much yet, as I made it within the last half hour, so don't join and leave because it's inactive! needs to have people in it to grow
<MajorGeek42> it's not so bad after practice
---
Woo, join #triviahero and shit
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amywolf wrote:
Just as a side note, I've created a channel on Gamesurge for people to come discuss Dark Souls/find people to play with/etc.

Unfortunately, that's nearly impossible with the way that their servers are set up right now. Even if you have people willing / at the same level and area. -_-
Kingofterrors  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark souls was a great disappointment in terms of the multiplayer. I still almost never see any summon marks and I almost never get summon'd

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingofterrors wrote:
Dark souls was a great disappointment in terms of the multiplayer. I still almost never see any summon marks and I almost never get summon'd

I very easily find people to party up with. Most set their signs / summon people near bonfires so they can get help with the world boss. The problem is playing with people you actually know. That's a bitch and a half.
Sully  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started this game a couple of days ago. AMAZING!

I'm unclear on a lot of things, though.

I'm a Warrior and I just rang the first bell. I've been using some guide help when I get stuck, which has been often =P

Before the gargoyle fight, the guide said you could summon help. I talked to the sun knight guy earlier (he gave me the soapstone thing) and freed the other knight in the cathedral near the gargoyles. I also used a Humanity, raising the number in the upper left circle to 3 (no idea what this number means or how it got to 2), yet there was no option to summon anyone near the mist door leading to the gargoyles. Ended up dying several times but got past them with perseverance- even got the axe from the first one's tail and a Gargoyle helm, which I hear is pretty rare?
EDIT: I needed to reverse hollow at a bonfire for the summons to be an option, I think.

I've been totally winging my build. I've put points in Vitality and Str so far. Not sure where to go with this. Also not sure how important it is to level. I've got a ton of souls of lost undead items that I'm not sure when to redeem. I've also got a shitload of other random items that I have no idea what to do with. And a ton of random crap weapons/shields/armor.

Gonna keep grinding away.

edit: Instantly dying at Capra Demon now. Repeatedly.
edit2: Wayyyyy past Capra Demon now. Just killed the Moonlight Butterfly in the Darkroot Garden.
edit3: Ornstein and Smough totally owned me. What a nasty boss battle!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Sully  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, uh, did everyone give up on this game or what?

I've made a lot of progress in the 3+ weeks since that last post. Finished all the achievements and 3 playthroughs. The hardest part was Ornstein and Smough hands down.

I found that shield stability is the key to going to to toe with heavy hitters. And I can't stress how important it is to keep your load to under 50% (under 25% if possible)! I still throw on Havel's set for the really tough battles but I've been primarily rocking a Mask of the Mother/Child, Sage Robe +5, Painting Guardian Gloves +5, and Gold-Hemmed Black Skirt. I use a Ring of Favor and Protection and switch between Hornet ring (Backstab damage is insane), Havel's Ring, Dark Wood Grain RIng, and Cloranthy ring as needed.

I've experimented around with tons of weapons and I've settled in Quelaag's Furysword +5 (requires 10 Humanity for top damage), a Lightning +5 Washing Pole, and a Black Knight Great Axe +5. I switch between a Grass Crest Shield and a Greatshield of Artorias depending on what I'm fighting.

I've experimented with a ton of weapons/upgrades. I really like the Silver Knight spear for the Catacombs as it has built in Divine damage. I'm looking to get into a sword/shield combination that excels in parrying/riposting next.

I have all the spells and I've used Pyromancy a bit (mostly Great Chaos Fireball and Great Fireball) but I haven't done anything with Sorcery or Miracles due to low Faith/Intelligence. I need to make a new character one day to explore one or the other.

I just started a level 1 playthrough. We'll see how that goes.

Oh, and this game is AWESOME!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You playing on Xbox, Sully? If so, send me an add. I've been looking to run through the game on co-op, but don't really have the drive to play alone.

GT: Kemo5abe
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLC is coming out! Among other things, it looks like you're gonna get to fight Artorias, who looks like a total badass (that's him in the end of the trailer.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkVyQCK2K8c

Basically, this is all the new content released with the PC version, and should cost ~$15 for consoles.

Also I'm finishing up my NG+ at the moment, and I gotta say... Ornstein and Smough were nothing the second time around! How does that happen? Meanwhile, Nito was a BOSS. I mean, he's always been a "boss," but now it's okay to capitalize it. All I really have to do is go grab that damn blue titanite slab again and shank Gwyn a few times, then kill Sif one last time on NG++ and I'll have 1000/1000 gamerscore, which I've never done with any other game. (good game to start on, right?)

EDIT: I cried laughing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbHtRggFsNA&feature=related
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: