Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
_
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Klaww  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, i watch a few more episodes and RBD is a DIIIIIIIICK. like the episode where she and Applejack race. DICK.

Is there some evidence that they are adults that im not picking up one? Cause i don't see that at all. I figured they were supposed to be children, for the (intended) audience to relate to. Just children, with a big attitude problem in RBD.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they live by themselves, no parents. Twilight is basically a magic apprentice or some sort of older student. The only other ponies that seem to be older than them are elderly or Celestia/Luna. *shrug*

And then there's also the little fillies that actually are children and go to school. Judging by the size difference between the children and the ponies and how they all live and work by themselves, it's safe to think of them as more adult-like than child-like. But then again we are talking about fantasy children's cartoon ponies, so our ways of viewing age may not apply.

I make a habit out of over-analyzing the TV shows and cartoons I watch, so don't mind me.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to believe all the ponies but Rarity and Fluttershy are just late teens, with those two being actual adults.

Season 3 is gonna air November 10th. That's gonna be hella exciting.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Klaww  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:
And then there's also the little fillies that actually are children and go to school. Judging by the size difference between the children and the ponies and how they all live and work by themselves, it's safe to think of them as more adult-like than child-like. But then again we are talking about fantasy children's cartoon ponies, so our ways of viewing age may not apply.

Yeah, After watching Stare Master, i think since FS had to watch the fillies, its safe to say at least her and rarity are adults. I'd figure RBD is a tad younger cause of the way she acts, but pinkie is just too...not normal...to tell. Dunno. It doesn't even matter really. xD

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooo...anyone buy the new blindbags? They have a blue bag instead of pink, and are $2 instead of $5. I bought a few, them being cheaper, and it looks to be all of them are shiny...but none of them are real characters i think. They are just character models of the main 6, but with different cutie marks. Like, I got twilight star, which was a silver twilight with 3 stars as a cutie mark. anyone know whats up with these ones?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaww wrote:
Soooo...anyone buy the new blindbags? They have a blue bag instead of pink, and are $2 instead of $5. I bought a few, them being cheaper, and it looks to be all of them are shiny...but none of them are real characters i think. They are just character models of the main 6, but with different cutie marks. Like, I got twilight star, which was a silver twilight with 3 stars as a cutie mark. anyone know whats up with these ones?

No, I haven't. Okay, you buy a blindbag. You take out a pony. You now have a figurine. What happens next?
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MehPlusRawr wrote:
Klaww wrote:

No, I haven't. Okay, you buy a blindbag. You take out a pony. You now have a figurine. What happens next?

I personally play with them, because I've always played and collected ponies, so why stop now?

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
Smoke weed erryday.
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my thoughts on this show...

But seriously, it took me a long time to finally cave and watch this one. I was very doubtful, since I didn't know anyone personally that was a fan of it and it sounded too cutesy for even me. However, with the combination of this thread, the Lang brothers being a fan of it (they are the main creative team behind Starkid, who did A Very Potter Musical), and the fact that Tara Strong was involved in it (Fairly Oddparents was my favorite show as a child), I finally decided to watch it this past week. Just finished season 2, and here are my thoughts so far:

I'll start with a couple of episodes. I would say the jokes that landed most with me were in Over a Barrel, particularly the horse drawn horse drawn carriages, and especially this one. Secondly, the season one finale had the best song in At the Gala (though an honorable mention goes out to Pinkie Pie's smile song). Finally, I want to say that my least favorite episode has to be Feeling Pinkie Keen. As an atheist, I completely disagree with the moral at the end and was rooting for Twilight to succeed in discovering some other explanation the whole way.

OK, now on to the main characters. Counting down my favorites:

6. Rarity - Yeah, as someone who isn't exactly into fashion, I could have told you from the beginning that she would be my least favorite. While she does have some decent episodes (most notably Suited for Success and A Dog and Pony Show), she is the one that the writers forget about her element of harmony (generosity), leading to episodes where I don't like her, such as Sonic Rainboom and Green Isn't Your Color. She just doesn't appeal to me that much.
Tied for 4. Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash - Both of these kind of have the same reaction for me, which is that a lot of the time I'm really rooting for them and can really get behind them, but on other occasions I can't stand them and find them super annoying.
3. Applejack - She's pretty good, well written and has a kind heart, but she's never done anything that has really stood out for me.
2. Fluttershy - While she rarely get an episode devoted to her, she is extremely well written and has some of the best moments of the show, including this (which is up there among the funniest moments of the whole show), and of course anytime she just turns into a badass (excluding putting your hoof down). Overall, just wonderful and charming.
1. Twilight Sparkle - For most of the time I've been watching it, I've been back and forth between her and Fluttershy for my favorite. She sometimes isn't put in the best light, but was still a strong main character for me and such a Ravenclaw (which I love as a Ravenclaw myself). All that changed with the season 2 finale. In this episode in particular, she becomes an awesome heroine who figures out what's going on long before anyone else does and ends up saving the day. Even more, this episode sold me on the show as a whole. No episode made me truly involved in it or made it in my books as great until this one. Also, I may be biased because Tara Strong voices her.

Overall, I really enjoy this show and urge anypony who hasn't watched it yet to give it a chance. It is done really well.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have the first few episodes of season 3 to watch.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, so can we talk about how FANTASTIC today's episode was? I think this one may be my favorite episode that isn't a two-parter so far.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did anyone out there watch season 3? Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ready2rock wrote:
So did anyone out there watch season 3?

nope
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
drifter1717  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ready2rock wrote:
So did anyone out there watch season 3? Thoughts?

i think i want to die
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Drifter1717
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season 4 anyone?

No?

Well, before I go back into my corner of apparently being the only one around here still watching this show, I'd like to recommend a band called Hey Ocean! (the "!" is in their name). For those of you who don't know why I'm recommending them in this thread, the lead singer, Ashleigh Ball, is the voice of Applejack and Rainbow Dash on the show. They're fantastic, and I'm so glad I discovered them. I even got to see them live a few months ago, and it was wonderful.

A few of their songs.

And also, you know, feel free to discuss season 4 if you're watching it. It's looking promising so far in my opinion, certainly starting better than season 3.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're probably "addicted" to it because you find it good.
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this thread got bumped, reminder that MLP:FiM is stopping after its ninth season.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
Smoke weed erryday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: