ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Official Modern Warfare 3 Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eyce  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: The Official Modern Warfare 3 Thread Reply with quote

*socrstopr seal of thread approval*

first
Anyway Kotaku (groan) have pretty much dumped on Activison's E3 parade by releasing a metric shit tonne of information about Modern Warfare 3, including the main story.

http://kotaku.com/5801226/the-modern-warfare-3-files-exclusive-first-details-on-the-biggest-game-of-2011

Images, renders of the weaponry, you name it. Looks pretty damn legit.
Silly  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have loved more multiplayer info (perks, weapons, killstreaks etc) but the single player looks awesome from this preview, as a fan of the campaign modes and storyline from previous games I'm looking forward to this. Spec Ops survival sounds like another version of Horde from GoW, and I'm glad the mission-based Spec Ops are making a comeback too.

Can't be worse than Black Ops, right? :D

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
kirk7777  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was almost certain that I wouldn't buy this, but may do so just for the weapon looks alone. Provided that they don't put asinine things such as painkiller and last stand in the game, I probably won't hesitate too much. Still, gonna wait for multiplayer gameplay before I decide.

EDIT: Model 1887 has "Hasta la vista" written on it. Awesome.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They gotta do alot to make it more interesting to me than Battlefield 3. Black Ops did a couple nice changes to the series, but it really needs a pretty big big set of changes and new features to be good. Not that it won't sell like crazy, name brand alone will move it along, but I just want to see less B.S. that MW2 brought.
Saru786  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just from reading about the campaign, the game gives me a sense of hardcore that doesn't exist for any other CoD game. Definitely gonna get this.

Also, Yuri looks like Colonel Miles Quaritch(Stephen Lang) from Avatar.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my write-up of the whole thing. I listed every gun that was shown through Kotaku's pictures. It's also better to read if you don't want the story to be spoiled.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the writeup, cdylan. Nice to have things more clearly written up there.

Will be interesting to see how they handle the survival aspect, if they are basically just wanting to do a non-zombies, Zombies, cashing in on the wave mode that the other big shooters have been doing or a more involved mode that might have objectives. It's a big reason why I don't like most wave modes in any game, cause I get bored quite quick without a real job beyond "Don't Die". It's just tedious, with the eventual death looming on the horizon. Zombies is only tolerable with a friend to screw around with anyways lol
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.destructoid.com/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3-trailer-official-reveal-201098.phtml

And there is the teaser. So teasery, just like MW2's lol
Eyce  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdylan13 wrote:
Here's my write-up of the whole thing. I listed every gun that was shown through Kotaku's pictures. It's also better to read if you don't want the story to be spoiled.

JD_2020 isn't Robert Bowling, fourzerotwo is :P

---

Looks like there's no improvements to the engine at all this time, judging from the weapon renders and the multiplayer map screenshots. Really is showing its age now.
Saru786  

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked how they put 3's in each country's name. Kinda creative. :P

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eyce wrote:
cdylan13 wrote:

JD_2020 isn't Robert Bowling, fourzerotwo is :P

---

Looks like there's no improvements to the engine at all this time, judging from the weapon renders and the multiplayer map screenshots. Really is showing its age now.

Fixed it I saw that earlier haha. Stupid mistake. But yeah it looks better than MW2 but still looks eh compared to Battlefield 3. I guess we'll see.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
kirk7777  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vONOvWhsk_U

If this video gets taken down, just search "MW3 gameplay" on Youtube, click on "Filter" then "Upload date" and you should find the real trailer.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirk7777 wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vONOvWhsk_U

If this video gets taken down, just search "MW3 gameplay" on Youtube, click on "Filter" then "Upload date" and you should find the real trailer.

Not gonna lie, that is a SICK trailer.

Pls, does this website still exist? Such nostalgia, such wow.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vindications Wii Friend Code: 468266225949
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MW3 just went WW3 (I totally thought of this before it showed at the end lol)

Way to go IW. You just got me interested in another Call of Duty after I started to write it off. I'm not holding out much hype for this, since I've been let down by the most recent CoD's for longterm play, but I am a sucker for invasion stories and this will probably be a better American/World invasion game than Homefront, which bombed hard.

Still doesn't hold a candle to BF3 for me, but BF3 has some competition with this one, especially with them going in a similar direction for the singleplayer with it being basically a worldwide fighting experience.
Saru786  

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-FUCKING-MAZING!!!

Also, what Makarov said is true.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53  Next
Page 1 of 53

Jump to: