ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DrSham - Easy Bass 1sts 462/467 - 5 to go!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSham wrote:
Medium Guitar
-11 American Girl

...1 new FC so only 3 more to go. Also much more consistent with the ending of American Girl (yup, a -11 qualifies as MUCH!!) after switching to some very amateurish tapping, but finding the transition to the 1st Y after the SP extremely difficult so any tips would be appreciated. Concentrated on my worst performing scores so any further improvement will be much slower, but I managed to improve 8 songs for a total of 72k points and up from 12th to 10th overall.

With this, what part are you referring to? I can't figure it out from looking at the chart. I don't know if you mean the very beginning of the ending (m.187 on the chart), or around m.211? How are you trying to tap it?

One-handed would be easiest anyway... keep your index finger on the green at all times if it's easier, and just tap with your middle finger/ring finger and little finger, strumming at any point to make it easier. For example, if it's m.187 then the YSP is probably a strum so the next yellow you just strum it again and then tap with your fret hand.

I honestly think that, if you're using your strumming hand to try and tap, you are making it more difficult.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss wrote:

With this, what part are you referring to? I can't figure it out from looking at the chart. I don't know if you mean the very beginning of the ending (m.187 on the chart), or around m.211? How are you trying to tap it?

One-handed would be easiest anyway... keep your index finger on the green at all times if it's easier, and just tap with your middle finger/ring finger and little finger, strumming at any point to make it easier. For example, if it's m.187 then the YSP is probably a strum so the next yellow you just strum it again and then tap with your fret hand.

I honestly think that, if you're using your strumming hand to try and tap, you are making it more difficult.

It's the transition to tapped notes in m187 as I am trying to move my strumming hand up to tap, but just can't get it right. I've tried one handing it but I simply can't get any rhythm going and usually end up in excess of -20 so figured I'd try something else! If I use my strumming hand to tap (anchoring green with my fretting hand of course) I can get a much better rhythm going but just can't ever get the transition needed to start off (and I also miss a few later as well) but it's proving to be more consistent for me as well as improving my latest score by 15k. Guess I'll got back to practising one-handed and see how we go.

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it difficult to bring my strumming hand up to the frets without missing which is why I can't FC a lot of expert songs (or some hard songs) because I can't tap, but as I'm decent enough on hard mode I don't need to tap anywhere on medium guitar.

For you, Sham, if you were having more success using both hands on this section then that's good and you should stick to that. What I would ask instead is the first note after the YSP, is that a purple note? If it's a purple note, then it makes the transition easier because you don't have to worry about strumming it. I have two tactics for you:

1) if it's a purple note, then use your strum hand to tap the initial yellow then just keep it there to tap any future yellow or blue notes, with your index finger anchoring green at all times and your fret middle finger tapping the red note when it comes up.

Or, which may seem more difficult at first:

2) after the YSP strum, slide your fret hand up so your index finger is on the red, middle finger is on the blue and ring finger is on the yellow, and use the index finger on your strumming hand to hold down the green.

The advantage to the second tactic, I guess, is that you are experienced at easy mode which only requires three fingers which in this case would be the red, yellow and blue. You just have to remember to only tap instead of holding onto the note.

I would probably recommend you try the second tactic in practice mode and see how you fair if using both hands is easier for you. I presume the whole of the last bit is all purple notes so you won't have to worry about strumming at any point until the long hold notes at the very end. You just have to try and be quick at moving your strum hand in the first instance to hold onto the green note.

As I'm not good at tapping in the slightest, I've not managed to become consistent at moving my strum hand quick enough, but as this is medium you might be okay with a bit of practice!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't remember this section particularly so it must not have been that hard. I can't tap either so I did everything one-handed. Just try it this way and practice is the key. also it's worth a try to use any HS speed. I sometimes switch from 0 to 5 or 4 and see how it goes. I normally use HS5 on medium but I had to lower it down to 0 for Schism.

it's worth a try at least.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update time!!!!

Taken 3 weeks instead of the normal 2 to improve some of my pitiful scores on GH:M and whilst a lot of them are still pitiful, at least some are now less so.

Easy Guitar
2nd - Nothing Else Matters
3rd - No Leaf Clover

...just improved 2 songs here for a further 452 points. Plenty to go!

Medium Guitar
FC #47 - Master Of Puppets

-5 Disposable Heroes

...1 new FC so only 2 more to go. Haven't managed to hit the glitch on Mommy's Little Monster - Live but getting much more consistent with Disposable Heroes, so much so that for the first time I reckon I could eventually FC it! As with GH:5, I concentrated on my worst performing scores and managed to improve 7 songs for a total of 90k points and up from 11th to 9th overall. Still 137k away from 1st so reckon I could get within 100k before I have to really start grinding!

Hard Guitar
FC #17 - The Boys Are Back In Town
FC #18 - Mommy's Little Monster - Live
FC #19 - The Thing That Should Not Be

-1 Stacked Actors
-1 Fade To Black
-1 Seek & Destroy
-1 Evil

...3 new FC's, and quite a few that got away! Improved a total of 31 songs for a points increase of 581k. Up from 51st to 45th overall but still reckon plenty more to come.

Hard Bass
1st # 1 - Stone Cold Crazy

FC #14 - For Whom The Bell Tolls
FC #15 - Mommy's Little Monster - Live
FC #16 - King Nothing
FC #17 - No Leaf Clover
FC #18 - Stone Cold Crazy
FC #19 - Stacked Actors
FC #20 - Battery
FC #21 - Beautiful Mourning
FC #22 - Hell Bent For Leather
FC #23 - The Black River
FC #24 - Frantic

-1 Ace Of Spades
-1 The Shortest Straw
-1 Fade To Black
-1 One
-1 The Memory Remains

5* #48 - Fight Fire With Fire

...11 new FC's, 5 -1's, an optimal, and just Dyer's Eve left for a FS 5*. Not too bad at all. Increased all my previously non FC'd songs (36) adding 862k points, and went from 17th to 13th overall. Again, more to come next time.

Another period of solid improvement overall, and even though I haven't quite got the Hard FC's of other games I 'm happy enough with the progress as GH:M is certainly up there difficulty wise. Next up... a return to GH:WT

Gamertag - Doc Sham
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Doc Sham
SlasherManEXE  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you given up on EBass for now or just taking a break from it? You were getting so close

DrSham  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SlasherManEXE wrote:
Have you given up on EBass for now or just taking a break from it? You were getting so close

I've only got GH5 & GH:WT to get and I'm on GH:WT now so maybe they'll be some progress over the next few weeks.

Gamertag - Doc Sham
Chrisssss  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone's doing a good job at GH:A medium guitar.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrisssss wrote:
Someone's doing a good job at GH:A medium guitar.

Just a quick redux, only got 3 left (Rats In The Cellar, Kings And Queens, and Let The Music Do The Talking). Should be close(ish) to your 3rd place by the time I'm done, although happy with a jump from 12th to 4th for now.

Not really pushing for anything ridiculous.... that will come later!!

EDIT: Rats In The Cellar 100% +ticks

Gamertag - Doc Sham
DrSham  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After some decent efforts of GHA Easy (1st overall, 29/41 1st places), GHA Medium (3rd), and some WT Hard Bass FC's (now at 71/84) I've decided to take another crack at Easy Bass domination. When I left this, a while ago now, I had 10 left to get. Now there are only 9.....

First by 8, yes 8 points, and was it a bitch, at least 4 hours!!! If anyone thinks this isn't difficult then try just getting close....

Next up - Mr. Crowley

Gamertag - Doc Sham

Last edited by DrSham on Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:34 am; edited 3 times in total
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, back to easy bass!! Great job on that one, I'm awful at whammying and holding points on that song.
sjay  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job! Personally couldn't even get close to the scores that your putting up. Amazing level of dedication going on there. 4 Hours!!!! on The One I Love
Total respect DrSham \m/
DrSham  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UltraHeroABC5 wrote:
Yay, back to easy bass!! Great job on that one, I'm awful at whammying and holding points on that song.

Thanks, it's probably the hardest in the game to hold ticks so I'm really happy to get this one.

sjay wrote:
Awesome job! Personally couldn't even get close to the scores that your putting up. Amazing level of dedication going on there. 4 Hours!!!! on The One I Love
Total respect DrSham \m/

Cheers sjay. If I'm honest it's not the best song to spend 4 hours on but hopefully never again!!!

Anyways, once there was 9, now there's only 8....

Mr. Crowley falls! Much easier than The One I Love, only took me a couple of tries as the key is holding ticks in the first act, the rest was easy enough although I reckon I could get a few more if needed. Next up.....Scream Aim Fire

Gamertag - Doc Sham
DrSham  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a roll!!! Scream Aim Fire falls as well. Picked up an extra 100 in the 1st, just missed the really tough 3rd squeeze and dropped some ticks at the end........ 7 left to go

Next up - Livin' On A Prayer..... This one is gonna be tough as it looks like it's pretty much optimal

Gamertag - Doc Sham
UltraHeroABC5  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job again! Looks like your missing about 30 points for Livin On A Prayer somewhere, so good luck with that. Also, that green 99% on Sweet Home Alabama is really bothering me, pls fix soon :D

Much respect DrSham. Are you going to go for 1st on all songs in the series on EB?

Also, about medium guitar, American Girl, I know this is off topic and like, a year old but when I fced American Girl MGuitar a few nights ago, I did it one handed, and I'm AWFUL at keeping any sort of rhythm honestly. I think the hardest parts for me was the transition between anchoring green and red. Oh, and being GH5 taps ofc...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: