ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Smash hits drums breakdown

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patzi3  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Smash hits drums breakdown Reply with quote

(Ok, moved this topic to iy=ts right place)

haven't seen any Drum breakdown of Smash hits, except:

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=94913&sid=efb4df0770f3d26f1147392c187c639d

Also thnx to WarlordTm for shwing the breakdown he used for this:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=102316#GHSHdrums.

Suggestiones are admitted, since I the middle might not be accurate and is hard to rank the songs since most of them have at least one hard part

#1. I Love Rock 'N Roll - As guitar, super easy
#2. Stellar - The roll at the last chorus is missable
#3. Take It Off - Is just fast
#4. Heart-Shaped Box - slow song, but the outro is slightly tricky
#5. Cherry Pie - hi-hats on the guitar solo is only hard part
#6. Back In The Saddle - Looooooong
#7. Electric Eye - Same rhythm through out the song, with a few changes
#8. More Than A Feeling - The last prechorus is annoying
#9. Miss Murder - some simple rolls
#10. Take Me Out - fast hihat at the beginning
#11. Hit Me With Your Best Shot - - has a lot of fills, 2 of them are very fast
#12. Lay Down - very fast hihat on second verse, and a fast roll near the end
#13. Killer Queen - Lots of fast rolls, hard for a 1st tier song
#14. Woman - a lot of fills, but they are all the same, breakdown and organ solo are chokable
#15. Trippin On A Hole In A Paper Heart - Somehow an odd rhythm
#16. Play With Me - Such a fast beginning, a few spots to miss later
#17. Nothin but A Good Time - somehow lots of tricky pedals
#18. Rock N Roll All Nite - rolls all over the place, the last one is the hardest
#19. Shout At The devil - has many fills, and the end is CHOKABLE
#20. Round and Round - crazy bass in the last prechorus
#21. I Wanna Rock - keep pay attention, as switching drumming and pedals make this song hard
#22. Stop! - gets hard as the guitar solo ends.
#23. Cult of Personality - not too tricky
#24. Unsung (Live In Chicago) - hard all around, and again, ROLLS!
#25. Monkey Wrench - fast all around, tiring bass
#26. Hey You
#27. Carry on Wayward Son - has some rolls, one of them needing to cross hand
#28. Them Bones - that roll is just odd
#29. Godzilla - concentrate in which of your arm will go to the snare
#30. Bark at The Moon - has annoying double kicks
#31. Cowboys From Hell - ending is VERY chokable
#32. Thunder Kiss '65 - welcome to choke-town!!!
#33. Mother - WTF ending
#34. Message in a Botttle - some odd sticking
#35. Freya - some super fast rolls, and lots of pedals with drumming, interspersed
#36. Free Bird - over 8 minutes, and a long roll with pedals and adding more and more cymbals.
#37. Barracuda - Hard drumming through the entire song, and one really hard roll
#38. Psychobilly Freakout - Those rolls are freaking fast, as well as the song
#39. Laid to rest - not too bad if you are good at polyrhythms
#40. No one knows - you experiment many types of rolls here
#41. Killing in the Name - Hard to combo in the instrument build uo
#42. Smoke on The Water - disco beat, and super fast fills
#43. The Trooper - Needs a lot of accuracy with the pedals
#44. YYZ - 3 drum solos, though ending and main drumming
#45. Caught In A mosh - The whole song is insane
#46. Raining Blood - even faster than Ciam, and not to mention the lunatic Flood!
#47. Through the Fire and Flames - Oh yeah, main drumming is though, as well as the rolls in the cymbals, could be number 48, but still isn't as hard as the crazy sh*t in the next song
#48. Beast and The Harlot - That drum solo is nasty, super fast drumming around the pads and add some pedals, you get this b*tch!!

Last edited by Patzi3 on Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychobilly and No One Knows are way harder than KiTN. And I'd reverse 41-43

so it'd look like

#38. Killing In The Name
#39. No One Knows
#40. Psychobilly Freakout
#41. The Trooper
#42. Laid to Rest
#43. Smoke on the Water

and for me YYZ was really easy to do although I know most people probably wouldn't find it as easy. Possibly switch with SotW for 43

Also, I would say that CiAM is the harder FC than RaBl. Ciam's punk beat is faster and more frequent, RaBL's last long though. Ciam has the Drum smasher plus the super fast snare roll with bass under it plus is more intense all around. RaBl has the Flood, but I find it was easier to get down than the rest of CiaM. Flood has 2 fast rolls to get down and be careful not to mis-hit the end before all the toms

for the mid-high ones:

#28. Carry on Wayward Son -
#29. Hey You -
#30. Bark at The Moon -
#31. Cowboys From Hell -
#32. Thunder Kiss '65 -
#33. Mother
#34. Message In A Bottle -
#35. Freya -
#36. Free Bird -
#37. Barracuda -

some notes on my list: Barracuda is relentless when it comes to spots to miss in and has some really chokable spots. Free bird is just keeping a beat but a bitch to grind if you miss. Mother is like a Freebird-lite but easier to replay. CFH has the ending plus fast beats, and my archenemy in the form of the fast orange/bass sp. Hey You is much lower because its really only one spot that isnt too bad since its a normal roll.

edit: actually switch Barracuda and KitN too. didnt wanna make this more confusing to look at.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
banobi  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTFAF is harder than Bath PERIOD.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
Psychobilly and No One Knows are way harder than KiTN. And I'd reverse 41-43

so it'd look like

#38. Killing In The Name
#39. No One Knows
#40. Psychobilly Freakout
#41. The Trooper
#42. Laid to Rest
#43. Smoke on the Water

and for me YYZ was really easy to do although I know most people probably wouldn't find it as easy. Possibly switch with SotW for 43

Psychobilly Freakout's rolls are easier than the drum solo in KitN, no doubt. The rest of the song is SRFC material, except for the outro, which could take a few tries. I even found KitN harder than No One Knows, but that's just a personal 'issue' I have with the drum solo (especially with the broken note). PF is definitely easier than Barracuda as well, since there's so many spots to miss + that one fill. Laid to Rest is actually not that hard once you get the polyrhythm down, whereas The Trooper gave me hell, so I'd say:

37. Psychobilly Freakout
38. Killing in the Name
39. Laid to Rest
40. No One Knows
41. Barracuda
42. Smoke on the Water
43. YYZ
44. The Trooper

Where LtR, NOK and Barracuda are interchangeable, depending on your strengths. Maybe move The Trooper down to #42, but definitely not lower.

As for the mid-high ones:

26. Carry On Wayward Son
27. Them Bones
28. Cowboys From Hell
29. Cult of Personality
30. Hey You
31. Bark at the Moon
32. Thunder Kiss '65
33. Mother
34. Freya
35. Message in a Bottle
36. Free Bird

Mother should definitely not be higher (harder) than #33. Then there's Cowboys From Hell, Them Bones and Cult of Personality, which are about equal to me, but still not as hard as Hey You, BatM and TK'65. Message in a Bottle shouldn't be underrated though, there's quite a few tough spots.

Quote:
Also, I would say that CiAM is the harder FC than RaBl. Ciam's punk beat is faster and more frequent, RaBL's last long though. Ciam has the Drum smasher plus the super fast snare roll with bass under it plus is more intense all around. RaBl has the Flood, but I find it was easier to get down than the rest of CiaM. Flood has 2 fast rolls to get down and be careful not to mis-hit the end before all the toms

Raining Blood was way harder for me . I've FC'ed CiaM 3-4 times, but I've still only hit the Flood 5-6 times in practice mode, those rolls are about 17 NPS . The drum smasher is right at the beginning as well, and is actually pretty easy to get consistent with, as is the snare roll. Also, I don't think the overall intensity and the main beat should be compared, since anyone who can FC either song will have no problem with that at all.

banobi wrote:
TTFAF is harder than Bath PERIOD.

Wait. how? When the RB people came over to the GH side for a few songs, TTFAF went down in no time. BatH still has only been FC'ed by 5 people, 4 of whom have a GH:SH FGFC, which can't be said about TTFAF.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)

Last edited by WarlordTm on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you are overrating mother and free bird. neither of them are hard, they just have long roll sections. I have gotten 100% on both (with overhits from my kit). freya, barracuda, and message are all a lot harder.

ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imo, Psychobilly has the hardest roll in the game and it happens twice plus the rest of the song isn't exactly a free FC. KiTN is kinda hard but isnt hard to get down a technique for it (and which note was broken? I dont remember there being one). No one Knows is just a pain for me to grind since I'll only miss one of the rolls a run, but they are still hard sections, way harder than double stroking KiTN's part and occur what 3 or 4 times?

I agree with moving Barracuda way farther up, that and Psycho were the only FCs I was genuinely happy about getting. It's a tough song.

The rest of what I wrote I'm sticking with. I'll get RaBL if I ever start trying for FCs again, but I'm no where close to CiAM. BatH is the hardest.

Quote:
Also, I don't think the overall intensity and the main beat should be compared, since anyone who can FC either song will have no problem with that at all.

I beg to differ strongly with this. I suck at the punk beat, but RaBl is way easier than CiaM since theres only one and most takes place on the orange. I can't hit it at all when its on the yellow. Then there's the flams, the fast toms, the breakdown, and all the other combo-breakers in CiAM whereas you got the rolls and tom work in Flood, which you can manipulate the timing window and slow the rolls down to a more managable speed than 16.8 nps. Also, drum smasher still.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Patzi3  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok,mother, laid to rest and hey you moved down, barracuda moved up, and some changes in the middle, is really hard to make a breakdown since most songs deppend of each ones abilities
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patzi3 wrote:
ok,mother, laid to rest and hey you moved down, barracuda moved up, and some changes in the middle, is really hard to make a breakdown since most songs deppend of each ones abilities

well i think you have to analyze techniques. crossovers are extremely hard for me, and I've been drumming since WT.

banobi  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well bath only has one (very) hard part and some chokable spots, but ttfaf is 7min30 long and i find it just way harder cause you can choke absolutely anywhere in the song

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
imo, Psychobilly has the hardest roll in the game
Really? The rolls are only ~15 NPS, nothing too hard I'd say

Quote:
KiTN is kinda hard but isnt hard to get down a technique for it (and which note was broken? I dont remember there being one).
The Y+O note at the very end of the drum solo is broken, I had a really hard time figuring out how to hit it, and I still wasn't consistent at it after I did

Quote:
No one Knows is just a pain for me to grind since I'll only miss one of the rolls a run, but they are still hard sections, way harder than double stroking KiTN's part and occur what 3 or 4 times?
I'd agree if it weren't for the broken note in KiTN. I also got NOK very early on, but I don't recall having had *too* much trouble with it, even though I wasn't quite as good back then. Still, I agree with NOK > (LtR > Barracuda >) KitN

Quote:
Quote:
Also, I don't think the overall intensity and the main beat should be compared, since anyone who can FC either song will have no problem with that at all.

I beg to differ strongly with this. I suck at the punk beat, but RaBl is way easier than CiaM since theres only one and most takes place on the orange. I can't hit it at all when its on the yellow. Then there's the flams, the fast toms, the breakdown, and all the other combo-breakers in CiAM whereas you got the rolls and tom work in Flood, which you can manipulate the timing window and slow the rolls down to a more managable speed than 16.8 nps. Also, drum smasher still.
I always assume anyone capable of FC'ing some of the toughest songs has enough stamina and speed to FC fast punk beat sections like CiaM's with ease (I believe Yusuke wasn't too good at that kinda stuff either), so that's my mistake there. However, the general consensus is still that RaBl is the third hardest FC in the game, which I agree with completely
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would not say raining blood is harder than CiaM at all. The outro really isn't too bad, when I rented the game over a year ago I could hit most of it. I could more easily get consistent at that ending than the drum smasher in CiaM, plus the super fast roll post solo.

WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
i would not say raining blood is harder than CiaM at all. The outro really isn't too bad, when I rented the game over a year ago I could hit most of it. I could more easily get consistent at that ending than the drum smasher in CiaM, plus the super fast roll post solo.
"Most of it" are the key words. I got tons of -1's during practice mode, but only FC'ed the full ending a few times. Getting consistent at the drum smasher only took me a couple of minutes, which was WAY before I had any good FC's (I can literally hit it every time now, double stroking the reds). Also, I still don't see how the roll in CiaM is that much of a problem, seeing as it's only ~14 NPS
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: