Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The NFL Thread- Super Bowl XLVII: The Harbowl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
youhas  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can mark me down as the resident 49ers fan, I suppose. I'm not gung-ho about the team's near-team chances - years upon years of futility will do that to a man - but all of their awesome curb-stomping days of yore were right during my prime developmental years, so I'll pretty much pledge solidarity forever, no matter how much they may suck.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
sukergod wrote:
Doesnt have to be a top team or a shit team just one that nobody ever cheers for.

The Bills.

They were my first thought too, but they have a nice fanbase as well. Well, a dedicated one, at least.

I'd like to have someone on scorehero to feel my pain

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b.vicious wrote:
OpenYourEyes wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
sukergod wrote:
Doesnt have to be a top team or a shit team just one that nobody ever cheers for.

The Bills.

They were my first thought too, but they have a nice fanbase as well. Well, a dedicated one, at least.

At least you've been to four Super Bowls, right?
Set all the tax rates to 9.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:
b.vicious wrote:
OpenYourEyes wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
sukergod wrote:

The Bills.

And you didn't lose a Super Bowl by a damn yard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a decent number of Vikes fans. Throw me in as well.

Our QB situation intrigues me. There's about 30 minutes of experience between all of them. We usually have some 40-year-old stalwart to turn to when our rookies blow it, but not anymore. I'm pulling for Webb.

Currently playing: Gears, Batman
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: PistonHonda22 PSN Name: SodaPopinskii
Shaph  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me in as a Jacksonville Jaguars fan, and someone who is still confused about 1) drafting Blaine Gabbert with our first round pick, and 2) trading up six spots to do so. We have much bigger needs, such as just about every position on defense, than a QB who needs development and lost time to do so due to the lockout.

This will never be the only landscape we create.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Shaph514 Wii Friend Code: 5063917987417061
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
OpenYourEyes wrote:
b.vicious wrote:
OpenYourEyes wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:
sukergod wrote:

The Bills.

And you didn't lose a Super Bowl by a damn yard

yeah we only lost by one point and wide right, then got embarrassed in the other three, by the way i was ages 0-3 when those occurred. Also, do you remember what happened in the wild card round of that year the titans went to the super bowl? That happened to be the last time the bills went to the playoffs. The bills were one of three teams not to make the playoffs in the 00's, along with the lions and texans (and the texans have an excuse since they were an expansion team). So there has only been one year that I actually remember a decent bills team, and that was 2004 when the bills went 9-7, oh we could have went to the playoffs that year, but we lost to the pittsburgh steelers' second string in week 17.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
fUNC  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaph wrote:
Add me in as a Jacksonville Jaguars fan, and someone who is still confused about 1) drafting Blaine Gabbert with our first round pick, and 2) trading up six spots to do so. We have much bigger needs, such as just about every position on defense, than a QB who needs development and lost time to do so due to the lockout.

As a KU guy, I got to watch Gabbert shred us his entire career at Mizzou. Trust me- he'll be a huge improvement over Garrard in time.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets' fans haven't seen a super bowl since 69. XD Although they tend to play decent every season so it's always enjoyable to watch them. The past couple years have been awesome at least.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CorpusCollosum wrote:
Our QB situation intrigues me. There's about 30 minutes of experience between all of them. We usually have some 40-year-old stalwart to turn to when our rookies blow it, but not anymore. I'm pulling for Webb.

I've got a really good feeling about Webb. Some people think he's just lucky, or that he simply won't make it, but something tells me that he's going to be fantastic.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lifelong Raiders fan. Happy with our draft, pretty tired of Asomugha news, ready for the inevitable "Raiders set themselves back a couple years by not resigning him before the deadline" that's gonna ensue once FA starts, but whatever. Nnamdi can leave if he wants. We always seem to have a good way of raising up some damn good corners, and if he doesn't want to be here with us for the playoffs, then that's his choice. I'll still always be a fan of him, but not seeing him in Silver and Black might kinda suck.

If there's room, I'd like to be in the fantasy league this year. I've been doing ESPN fantasy leagues for the past two years and feel back up to par with what should be going down (a 20-team league last year definitely helped tune my FF skills ), so I think it'd be fun .

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too wouldn't mind joining a scorehero ff league

RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign me up for the FF league once this lockout is over (which should be tomorrow or Thursday, as is being reported).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. I'm glad to see that there's already so much interest in the FF league. Two quick notes about it- one, we'll use Yahoo! once signups start (I've been using them for years and LOVE the fast and user-friendly way they compile stats), and two, make sure you send me a PM with your e-mail address (again, Y! will require you to make a free one through them if you don't have one already). I've only had three of the eight names in the OP do so thus far, so the sooner you do it the better.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player

Last edited by fUNC on Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course I wouldn't miss out on this! ;) I have a friend who might also be interested, so I'll tell them about it next time I see them.

There's cautious optimism here in Texas. If the Cowboys could perform so well under Garrett and minus Romo last year, there's a lot of reason for optimism. Then again, there seemed to be reason for optimism each of the past few years, and look at how they all got squashed. The problem is that if the salary cap currently in place stands, the Cowboys are almost $18 million over. Marion Barber's surely gone, and other players possibly leaving are Terrance Newman, Keith Brooking, Bradie James, amongst others. If only we could cut Roy Williams and his $13 million contract...too bad it would hit us with an equally big cap penalty. We'll be lucky to sign Michael Huff like we want, much less anyone else.

I haven't heard much from the Falcons front since they drafted Julio Jones...I just think their defense is reason for concern, especially after how badly Rodgers torched the secondary last year.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 2 of 111

Jump to: