Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
NCAA Football: Notre Dame vs. Alabama for Title Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I s'pose I'll put my name in as the resident Aggie. Though honestly I am a Longhorn too. I'm a Longhorn and an Aggie, but when they play each other, I'm an Aggie. I'm surprised I don't spontaneously combust.

I like college football more. Less intense, less snobbery, more fun to watch because you have an invested interest in the team (you went to school there, etc). Lets just say my family is completely split down the middle..

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/investigations/news;_ylt=Auv76qcOYhq01mvBUpKCS3Q5nYcB?slug=cr-renegade_miami_booster_details_illicit_benefits_081611

This was also reported on ESPN as well. Long story very short, a Miami booster has been handing out free gifts, services, money, etc. for the past 9 years to around 70 Miami football players and coaches.

The NCAA has been mulling over this, trying to figure out what to do in this situation. They have stated that the Death Penalty is out of the question, but they could levy heavy fines, probation, and postseason bans.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
jesse0986  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much to say about it that hasn't been said already. Miami's fucked.

EDIT: I would like to give some props to Charles Robinson for that story. Showed some remarkable restraint digging all that up for a year. I generally don't care for Y! Sports but they've uncovered some pretty big bombshells.

Now we need a nickname for the OSU/Miami game. Probation Bowl?
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that it should be named the "Ineligibowl." Oh witty puns.

Even in this period where every school under the sun is getting hit with allegations, this is massive. I'm surprised that the NCAA has already ruled out the death penalty, because this is really big...

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this is the NCAA we are talking about. Anything that would prevent them from making money, they say 'no' to.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
directshot999  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't give a shit about Miami, I'm a bit worried about Alabama's two assistant coaches that were part of Miami's team when this was happening.

A lot of speculation ahead, be warned. NONE OF THIS HAS BEEN CONFIRMED, do NOT take what I say as truth.

Stoutland, the O-Line coach at Miami, recruited Cyrus HEAVILY at Miami. Stoutland moved to Alabama and everybody figured Cyrus was a certain lock for Alabama (they already figured he would go there before that anyways). He announces Auburn, and suddenly has a change of heart. This is the same guy who committed recruiting violations at Miami. Suspicious? Not at the time. Now is it suspicious? Very.

Rivals lists Sal Sunseri as the recruiter of Cyrus Kouandjio, but this doesn't mean Stoutland wasn't involved.

If you are Alabama, what would you do with Stoutland and the other guy, Pannunzio. Stoutland is the O-Line coach at Alabama, Pannunzio is the Director of Football Operations.

You can...
A: Let them both go immediately, and release a statement saying "We do not want to associate rule-breakers or infractions of any sort with our football program in any way," or...

B: Ride out the storm, see what happens to Miami, and decide what to do from there. If they are found for sure to have committed recruiting violations, let them go as a precaution.

A looks good, but this could also be taken as an admission of guilt. Sort of a "Oh shit, they know, lets get them out quick!"

B looks good too, but waiting too long could mean Alabama might come under the crosshairs. Anything associated with rule-breaking right now has the NCAA on fire.

A or B, whichever it is, should both have a universal point. Redshirt Cyrus for this year. Do not let him play.
Kirbah  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is all the hype for college football? I am super pumped for this season because, as a Stanford fan, I might actually have something to look forward to this year. I am especially pumped for tomorrows Oregon-LSU game because I want to see how good Oregon looks this year, as well as how they fare against an SEC team. I think Oregon has the upper hand simply because LSU is without their starting QB, but I think it will be a good game and a great season.
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisconsin was in fine form last night against UNLV. Sure it's UNLV, but they showed early that they have the speed and the passing ability to rack up the points in the Big Ten, possibly even win it. Sucks for my NIU squad, as we face them in week 3.
ortiz1193  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting until after the game to start talking because I'm really not sure how good LSU will be this year. A lot of people are expecting LSU to be national championship caliber but I don't really see it.

I'm also extremely happy Jarrett Lee is back in action after the miserable offenses of the last two seasons.
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, so how about that Baylor-TCU game? Frogs down 24 at the start of the 4th quarter, climb back and take the lead only to fall to a field goal and bad offensive calls. Fun game!
aikaline  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN has this game called "streak for cash" where you try and build the biggest winning streak you can by correctly predicting certain situations they give you to choose from each month. One of yesterdays situations being who would win between TCU and Baylor, well 98% of ESPN fans chose wrong including me , it's hard to choose against a team who has not lost a regular season game in years. Incredibly entertaining to watch though.

btw you can add me as a Nebraska fan, go huskers!

LCBetz  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minnesota Gophers fan here. I'm very proud with how the Gophers played in their opener at USC. With the Trojans favored by 23, I was simply hoping for the Gophers to not embarrass themselves. Not only did they avoid embarrassment, but they put up a fight and nearly came away with an upset victory. A few USC miscues and their inability to put the game away helped, but the game was very much in the balance up until the final minute. Starting QB MarQueis Gray got knocked out, but freshman backup Max Shortell came in and played reasonably well. He looked composed out there and I liked the way he handled himself. After the four year disaster that was the Tim Brewster era, its good to see something to be optimistic about to begin the Jerry Kill era.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, Tech killed Appalachian State today. o_O
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolArkansas

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LSU hasn't lost a regular season non-conference game since 2002.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 2 of 31

Jump to: