Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ortiz1193  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get some.
aikaline  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LCBetz wrote:
Minnesota Gophers fan here. I'm very proud with how the Gophers played in their opener at USC. With the Trojans favored by 23, I was simply hoping for the Gophers to not embarrass themselves. Not only did they avoid embarrassment, but they put up a fight and nearly came away with an upset victory. A few USC miscues and their inability to put the game away helped, but the game was very much in the balance up until the final minute. Starting QB MarQueis Gray got knocked out, but freshman backup Max Shortell came in and played reasonably well. He looked composed out there and I liked the way he handled himself. After the four year disaster that was the Tim Brewster era, its good to see something to be optimistic about to begin the Jerry Kill era.

I watched this game and it was very entertaining, I don't think anyone really expected Minnesota to play that well in the second half. The defense was excellent and even with the game losing INT Shortell threw he was still very impressive, beating out Gray's passing yards for the whole game in just two drives. The Golden Gophers have been seen as a joke the last few years, and even though USC is nothing special this season I think Minnesota made a statement in yesterdays game, those kids have to be fired up after such a close game to a ranked opponent on national TV and I'm sure they will have a much better season then most predicted. Jerry Kill will make the Gophers a respectable team.

Shaph  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty boring debut for Muschamp, Weis, and Quinn. Gators didn't overwhelm but played well. Nothing fancy or creative shown. Still concerned with Brantley's inability to throw down field with consistency and concerned with the O-line's ability to have a solid rushing attack down the center. No real blitzing done so I'm unsure how the D's pressure is going to be this year. Played mostly soft coverage so the pass D is impossible to judge yet.

Basically, I didn't get many answers for how UF should perform this year. I did sit close enough to listen to Muschamp blow up at the Defense for a botched coverage though, and that was pretty awesome.

This will never be the only landscape we create.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Shaph514 Wii Friend Code: 5063917987417061
youhas  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell was Maryland doing with their uniforms tonight? I mean, I get that they were presumably paying tribute to Maryland's state flag, which is an aggressively hideous starting point to work with. But holy jeez, you should not be sporting uniforms that are worse than the "I will actively attempt to generate the most hideous jerseys known to man!" offerings I create in every random football video game I touch.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/09/06/3341526/texas-am-to-announce-move-to-sec.html

Don't know the legitimacy of this, but apparently Texas A&M will officially announce they will accept a move to the SEC tomorrow, with it retroactively starting next season. Like I said, don't know the status of this, but if it's true, I think we're witnessing the start of the next set of dominoes to fall towards conference realignment.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This also has led to wild rumors that Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma State will leave for the Pac-12, and turn it into a Pac-16 super-conference. There would have to be some things ironed out(such as the Longhorn Network, as the Pac-12 won't allow one school to have their own network, meaning it'd likely be rolled back and paired with Texas Tech), probably fees for leaving, and all that. Oklahoma has said they could leave without Texas, and both them and A&M could possibly end their rivalries with the Longhorns. That would just be stupid...

My desire has been that the Big 12 would survive, but that's all but impossible now. A&M's about to send the death blow to the Big 12 conference, leaving everyone else to scatter. Once A&M announces they're leaving, I don't see the conference existing after this season.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/6939017/texas-aggies-accepted-sec-legal-threat-delays-move

Well, they were unanimously accepted, with some complications of course about the move. But now the SEC is looking for a 14th team, with Missouri, West Virginia, and North Carolina in the running.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
directshot999  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alabama's game was meh, very very meh. Overall unimpressed by the offense and the defense was very stout (possibly the best Saban's ever had) but the offensive woes just really hit me. FIVE turnovers? We can't play Penn State and win with FIVE TURNOVERS.

I think this game this Saturday is going to be ugly. A lot of punts, a lot of defensive stops. If Alabama wins (which is doubtful if they play like they did last Saturday) it's gonna be a score like 20-16.

As far as Auburn goes... lol. Mississippi State is going to curbstomp them. Utah State is simply not a good team (don't even throw the "They almost beat Oklahoma!" BS at me, because they also lost to teams like Fresno State and Idaho) and they needed a miracle to win it. State had 600+ yards of offense, 300+ on ground and 300+ through the air. Very balanced, very methodical, and honestly they could've put up way more points and yards against Memphis. This Saturday won't even be a game.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a lifelong KU fan, I'm 100% ok with going to the Big East. Regardless of the Big 12's whining, keeping TA&M in for another year is only delaying the inevitable superconference realignment and playoff system.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Kansas, good luck against my Huskies this Saturday. I'm sure it'll be a good match. You know, KU hasn't been that good since Reesing left, who knows, maybe you guys will turn it around soon.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EChnZTJicw&feature=player_embedded

lulz
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

directshot999 wrote:

As far as Auburn goes... lol. Mississippi State is going to curbstomp them. Utah State is simply not a good team (don't even throw the "They almost beat Oklahoma!" BS at me, because they also lost to teams like Fresno State and Idaho) and they needed a miracle to win it. State had 600+ yards of offense, 300+ on ground and 300+ through the air. Very balanced, very methodical, and honestly they could've put up way more points and yards against Memphis. This Saturday won't even be a game.

Wat was that?

And at least keep it close Penn State.

And Pitt is terrible.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OSU game was awesome. Toledo's O-line just couldn't keep the defense away long enough.

Hoping Penn St. wins.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud2DPXoMSVk

Kinda weird to think that Oregon State was actually good a year or two ago.
Shaph  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

directshot999 wrote:

I think it was more that Utah State has a good offense. I don't think Auburn is that great a team this year either, but they do have an offense that thrives on big plays, which'll make them dangerous in any game. So far that has carried them. Like South Carolina, their defense will continue to hurt them as SEC play continues, but the games will be entertaining nonetheless.

P.S. I feel bad for Richt. Those back-to-back TDs probably cost him his job.

This will never be the only landscape we create.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Shaph514 Wii Friend Code: 5063917987417061
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 3 of 31

Jump to: