PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but I'm going to say it anyway:

Notre Dame is going to die.
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
I'm sure I'm not alone in this, but I'm going to say it anyway:

Notre Dame is going to die.

You may not be alone, but I can guarantee you I'm not part of that crowd of thought. Notre Dame will keep the game close, be it Alabama or Georgia, since they have been preaching defense just as much as the entire SEC has.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
directshot999  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we get by Georgia, we would likely blow Notre Dame out, 31-7. If you score over 17 points against the Irish, the game is over. They can't move the ball on offense.

The ND defense is for real, but I think we can get a few turnovers on Golson and turn it ugly. Plus, a good chunk of our players have experience in not one, but TWO National Championship games. They have been there before, and so has the coaching staff. Nick Saban is 3-0 in National Championship appearances as well, while Brian Kelly is 0-0. Definite coaching advantage to the Tide here.

That's not the homer coming out in me, that's just the truth. Notre Dame is not that good of a team. Us vs. Florida would be a much closer matchup, but I'm not preaching another all-SEC game. I like the historical backgrounds between this game, should it happen.

I'll put it this way: They scored 21 on Boston College, a rank 100+ defense, in one game. We scored 28 on Auburn, a much better defense (yes it's true), in one quarter. Our offense isn't light years better, but we are definitely a more complete team on both sides of the ball.

But before we even start thinking about that, Bama still has Georgia to play lol. Lord knows if the team has been buying into the media talk, we are going to get killed this Saturday. Statistics say we have this one in the bag, but I'm not taking it for granted. I think it'll be closer than a lot of people think.

Hopefully Georgia wears black though, so they can go to their own "mother ****ing funeral" again
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never been impressed with Notre Dame all season. When you 1) need triple overtime to beat Pittsburgh, at home, 2) have a questionable goal-line stand call go your way to beat Stanford, and 3) only beat teams like Purdue and BYU by a FG, both at home...I just can't be overly impressed. Not to mention, USC gave them fits all game despite being down to their backup QB.

On the surface, sure, you can say they beat the Pac-12 champion in Stanford, and beat Oklahoma, who could win the Big 12 if they win and Kansas State loses. I'm personally not that amazed by Oklahoma either. I don't doubt that ND's defense is very strong, I just don't buy the offense at all. Regardless of if they play Alabama or Georgia, it'll be their best test of the season, naturally.

Kent State's BCS buster hopes were busted last night, as Northern Illinois beat them in the MAC Championship in double overtime. However, seeing as NIU is ranked 21st...perhaps they have a BCS buster case as well. They're going to be ranked higher than the Big East champion(Louisville), so if they finish in the top 16, they get an automatic berth in a BCS bowl. They'll definitely leap UCLA and Kent State, would leap Texas if they lost tonight, and by virtue of beating a ranked team, might leap Boise State. I'll be keeping my eye on this...

EDIT: And there goes some of the lousiest clock management I've seen in a while. Did Les Miles magically coach Georgia those final 10 seconds?

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
directshot999  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Campus is bumping tonight. Roll Tide!

I've never felt this confident going into a bowl game since Colorado in the Independence Bowl. At least the whiners can't say we don't deserve it this time.
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

directshot999 wrote:
Campus is bumping tonight. Roll Tide!

I've never felt this confident going into a bowl game since Colorado in the Independence Bowl. At least the whiners can't say we don't deserve it this time.

I'm on Bama's side this year. Fuck Notre Dame.
pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND vs Alabama game should be good

ND wins the bowl is my prediction
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Northern Illinois has crashed the party, and got an invite to the Orange Bowl to play Florida State. Interesting. ESPN's completely freaking out and blasting the system over this. Pretty sure Northern Illinois can hang with a Florida State team that struggled to beat a 6-6 Georgia Tech team yesterday...and I don't have a problem with NIU getting in given the way the rules work.

Wisconsin has 5 losses and won the Big 10. Georgia Tech was 6-6 and had a chance to win the ACC. Louisville wasn't even ranked before beating Rutgers to win the Big East. It's part of why the BCS bowls are underwhelming to me this year.

Also, Texas will play Oregon State in the Alamo Bowl! I should try and get tickets for that.

KoE wrote:
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tulsa vs Iowa State in The Liberty Bowl. Was REALLY hoping Arkansas State would get into it since they won their conference championship, but sadly not! Hopefully I can get some tickets to that again this year!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northern Illinois is making all kinds of waves. Good for them. I've always kept tabs on them as a football team ever since I started following college football, and they've always been a decent MAC team but never were they as good as they have been this year... and to think, they were only 2 points from beating Iowa and possibly finishing the season undefeated. Here in Chicago, they're a huge deal as of like today haha anyways. I don't know whether an undefeated season for NIU would put them in the Championship Game (I doubt it), but they are in the BCS regardless so all's well that ends well. Florida State is a great football team but I don't see why the Huskies wouldn't be able to hang with them. I'm definitely excited to watch that game, and watch one of the most underrated and exciting players in the country, that being quarterback Jordan Lynch.

Also this: I am a Notre Dame fan. Knock me all you want but it's my background; my mom is a Domer and I've gone to at least two games every year of my life since I was like 7. I have seen some awful Notre Dame teams, and some have been very, very recent. Having that in mind, this year has been beyond satisfying to watch. This is a focused football team that wins games. They haven't been close to perfect and their offense has had issues, especially towards the beginning of the season, but it hasn't shown in the loss column yet.

As with any team that the Defense is the focal point and the offense is far from stellar, Notre Dame plays to its competition. Against probably any opponent, Notre Dame will win by a fair margin in a well executed game and will win by a very small margin or lose in a poorly executed game. Fortunately for them, they have not screwed up a game enough to actually be outscored by their opponents. Their most poorly executed games, obviously, happened to be against BYU, Purdue, Pitt (who is very underrated, I was at the Rutgers Pitt game and Pitt looked great, they had a couple tough losses at the beginning of the year but they got their act together), and Michigan. I was at the Michigan game, and it was fantastic to watch with the defense getting six interceptions and all but Everett Golson was embarrassing with horrible mistakes (mistakes since then he's corrected. Golson is fantastic at keeping care of the ball now) and they only won by seven point. Purdue was also early in the year, and BYU was just plain scary. 14 points was the third highest amount of points they gave up the whole year and the offense only barely rose to the challenge.. but they did. And obviously, the Pitt game was awful. Thankfully, I missed the entire thing since I was on the bus back from the cross country state championship, but they play a game like that against Alabama they clearly don't stand a chance.

Alabama. Far and away the best team Notre Dame has to play this year. I was very quietly rooting for Georgia because I felt the Irish had a better chance of beating the Dogs but that ship has sailed and they will have to focus on the Tide now. It will take a lot of execution and a bit of luck to win but I think the opinion (that many people have) that Notre Dame has no chance against Alabama is absurd. For all their imperfections, Notre Dame is a damn good football team and although they may win or lose this game, it will not be a blowout.

/fanboyism

About halfway through the season though, I was sort of fantacizing about a Notre Dame Alabama title game, and we have it. I absolutely cannot wait for January 7. If they lose, so be it. It's been a great year.

But most importantly, we beat SC.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an NIU alum, I'm a big advocate for these "little" schools from these "little" conferences, and I'm thoroughly glad these "big" teams from these "big" conferences get to be knocked down a peg every year. NIU did nothing wrong, they followed the rules, the coaches and the Associated Press voted NIU were they are currently, and the computers took that in and gave NIU their spot. I don't agree that Louisville got in; Oklahoma should've taken their spot, but that's all past tense now.

Also, I'm a Notre Dame fan too, LlamaYip. Family's been rooting for them as long as I can remember. To see them get to a National Championship game in my lifetime is an awesome thing all around. Now, having to go up against Alabama, to me, was akin to the feeling I had before the Oklahoma game; this could go really badly if the offense doesn't show up. Thankfully they did against the Sooners, and I hope they will have the same day against the Tide.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the bowls have been announced. Anyone up for a good ol' fashioned Pick 'Em contest?
directshot999  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone gets it started, I'll do it.

I'm still confident about this game. Both defenses are a good bit overrated (in particular the Bama pass defense and the Notre Dame rush defense), so it might not be the game everyone is thinking.

Football is a game of strengths vs weaknesses. That is why Baylor took Kansas State to the doghouse. Unfortunately for Notre Dame, their strengths don't like up with any Alabama weaknesses...

I think Alabama will take this one, 31-7. I think we'll get a touchdown or two off of turnovers. I thought the Georgia game would be close, and it was, but if we run the ball like we did in the 2nd half of the SEC Championship and put the game on our runningbacks' shoulders, we can turn this game ugly. I don't have any confidence at all in Notre Dame's offense, and their defense is fairly overrated as well.

Look at what Ray Graham did to the #4 rush defense, and then look at Ray Graham's season YPC. Notre Dame has not played a rushing offense nearly as powerful as Alabama's, and the one team that was close (Pitt) had a pretty successful runner.

Also, congrats to Johnny Manziel. All of my friends are calling me "David Football" because I bear an incredibly creepy resemblance to him... I've literally had about 20 different people tell me I look just like him, including my family lol. It's pretty funny
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If no one else has made it by tonight, I'll just copy an old thread for a bowl pick 'em (obv. with the updated data).

If I could pick someone for Heisman, it'd be Marqise Lee. Even though USC was a huge let down and I hate their guts, the dude's a freak of an athlete. That just goes with USC's theme of wasted potential I guess.

Out of the three finalist, prolly would've went with Te'o. Manziel did great for stats, but he has many years of eligibility ahead of him, in which he's likely to have an even more successful season than this year.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in if someone gets it started. I think Manziel should have won the Heisman, and shit, I'm supposed to hate the Aggies What he's done over the course of the season is nuts. A&M was expected to get beaten up in the SEC in their first year, and they may very well have if it weren't for him. I've heard talk that he'll win multiple Heismans, but I have doubts about that given that he can declare after next year, being a redshirt sophomore then.

KoE wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 29 of 31

Jump to: