ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New drum kit for 360, suggestions???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ghp0wn3r  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: New drum kit for 360, suggestions??? Reply with quote

Hey guys, i'm looking to get a new kit for drums. I have the RB1 set, but i've had to replace all of the heads, as well as both superglue and tape the sensors on the inside of the heads. So i'm looking to get a new set, i've waited long enough. More specifically, i'm looking for a set of two bass pedals, or two bass pedals of the same make and model, THAT WILL LAST. I got the "Metal Pedal" as my most recent pair of pedals, and one of them snapped within the first month. I'm considering just getting the WT drums with two regular pedals, but I'm hoping you guys can suggest some higher quality stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DRG Ay J4y
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you just want an upgraded kit, MadCatz portable drum set is a really good set. great sensors in the pads. Kick pedal is definitely different though, so you may stick with the same one you got.

If you want 5-lane with double bass, you got pretty limited options if you don't want to shell out some money. Stock pedals do break, in fact one of mine just did recently. I've got to resolder it. Both of the pedals have some little rubber piece where the sensor is to reduce vibration, but I took them off to make them more sensitive and it helps to go faster on it. Pedals themselves aren't bad, just they aren't anything like playing a real kick pedal. The band hero pedals are different but I've never played them, since I have no idea where to get them where I live.

The kits themselves you just have to pray you get a good set if you're going with a World Tour or Band Hero one. All the reviews are either they're great and last or don't work straight out of the box.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
ghp0wn3r  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, thanks, and yeah, i'm looking for a five-lane set. So probably just wt drums with two pedals. But what about ion drums? I've seen them, and they're pretty pricey but are they really worth the money?
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DRG Ay J4y
PuppetMaster9  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghp0wn3r wrote:
Alright, thanks, and yeah, i'm looking for a five-lane set. So probably just wt drums with two pedals. But what about ion drums? I've seen them, and they're pretty pricey but are they really worth the money?

Mine have lasted for a long while and I can definitely say they are worth it. However there are some things you should note:

1. It is not recommended for 5-lane play. Enabling it to play with five lanes requires a separate ~$150 investment, which in my opinion is not entirely worth it.

2. The pedal is very iffy. Some people love it and some people hate it. If you don't like it, I recommend buying a stereo-headphone adapter to plug in your stock pedal (they generally look like this)

3. Do NOT buy from RockBandParts.

YouTube | Twitch | RB Acc (3/16/17) | GH Acc (9/8/15) | Rock Band 3 OMB FGFC Stats: G:82 / B:83 / D:82 / V: 83 / K:63
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PuppetMaster9 PSN Name: PuppeteerIX Wii Friend Code: 6319868195290957
ghp0wn3r  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, thanks for that puppet, cause i was considering saving up, but that sounds like a lot of hassle. So it looks like i'm gonna go with world tour drums, then hunt for two reliable pedals that are actually made right :P
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend the new kit (that comes with the BH/GH:WoR full band pack) over the old WT kit anytime. The pedal is great (for a stock kit, at least) and the pads provide much more rebound. I don't know if you can get it separately, though
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
ghp0wn3r  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHOA! I didn't even know that they made that fopr the 360! I played that set on the Wii, but i just assumed that that was a wii drum kit, i didn't know that that was for the 360. Thanks man! And you're right, that pedal is one of the best stocks imo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: