ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Next-Gen Consoles/Handhelds/Computers/Mobile Phones/Etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saru786  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/718132/next-gen-xbox-720-to-be-called-xbox-loop-rumors-points-towards-windows-9-and-arm-functionality/

So some more rumors coming out about the Xbox 720 and PS4.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really.... making the new xbox smaller? They already had heat issues, now lets add more power.... and make it smaller!

I think I may make a custom case or stick the guts of the new xbox into an original 360 case and add extra fans. We'll see if this all pans out to be true.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe squirrel can answer this: What's the improvements in using ARM? That's a kind of architecture for processing chips, isn't it?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That better stay a codename for the new Xbox console? "Loop"? God that would be awful lol Some interesting rumors though. I'm pretty positive, even with the size down of the console, it could be done, if Microsoft focuses on hardware development this time. I don't know if they could go through another hardware fiasco like the three ring for the 360. I don't know much about the ARM hardware stuff, but we'll have to see if all of this is beneficial to the new console.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New xbox is rumored to be announced at CES in January, and it's expected to be released holiday 2012.

Too early?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord no, by that time the Xbox 360 will have been around for 7 years.

7 years people! That's almost as old as Half Life 2 for gods sake. If anything I would say the current console hardware is so many lightyears behind current PC hardware that if you have a gaming computer there honestly is no reason to buy console games, other than say the occasional rhythm game.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
Lord no, by that time the Xbox 360 will have been around for 7 years.

7 years people! That's almost as old as Half Life 2 for gods sake. If anything I would say the current console hardware is so many lightyears behind current PC hardware that if you have a gaming computer there honestly is no reason to buy console games, other than say the occasional rhythm game.

7 years is normal. NES life was around that, SNES as well, N64 as well, PS1 around 5, ps2 around 10, xbox1 around 4, x360 will be around 8, ps3 will be around 10 as well. PC is so in constant evolution but cost a shitload more than console so i dont even count it in life cycle.

there's nothing wrong with a console being old or not. this is part of company projection i think. at first they loose money by producing it at lost, then squeeze the shit out of it until they start loosing sale and then kick off another console. the later release are always making them money. that's just normal.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/11/10/why-we-wont-see-the-xbox-720-at-ces

I agree. If anything, the reveal would be at E3. It's just a matter of which one. I'm gonna say 2013.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going with 2013 also myself. Probably the last quarter of the year. They'll take next year to announce and tease, get the hype building till the next year and then release it winter 2013. It'll also work well since the Wii U is coming out next year, it would have to compete with it, not that they share many of the same crowds and that the Wii U is guaranteed to be inferior in hardware to the next Xbox. Plus yeah, Halo 4 is out next year on the 360. Pretty dead giveaway there lol
Saru786  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/121/1212774p1.html
brb, going to go have a little talk with Ubisoft and EA.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as they keep it under $300. Some Technology today (Such as memory and Hard Drive) are dirt cheap. The standard units better ship with AT LEAST a 250GB Hard Drive. Anything less is unacceptable (I'm still running with my 20GB because microsoft charges out the ass for hard drives and I'm not gonna support that).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see the new consoles being about 3 to 400 (Xbox/PS. Probably 200 to 250 for the Wii U). They won't be less than 300. Guaranteed. I do agree they should stop charging out the ass for their proprietary shit. It doesn't cost a 100 bucks for a 200gig HDD Microsoft. Don't be stupid.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Xbox 720 won't launch next year and likely won't even launch in 2013. That's the uncompromising view of gaming analyst Michael Pachter, who says Microsoft is selling way too many Xbox 360s to introduce a new machine.

Source

Personally, I'm hopeful for a 2013 release at the latest. These consoles are fucking ancient technology-wise.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Systems may be selling, but games are struggling now. To go three years till the next console just won't work, especially when people are all wanting the next shiny thing. It would be like asking Iphone fans to wait an extra year for the next Iphone. There would be anarchy in the streets! lol

With dev kits going out now and some already having them for the new Xbox, that would put the launch titles at two years, and then the bigger hits to come out in the next year to really get the system going. Seems about right to me.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More rumors are surfacing for the Xbox 720. Christmas 2013 release (Good luck trying to find one if that's true), 4-6 Core CPU (One reserved for Kinect, one reserved for the OS), Dual GPUs (Not Crossfire/SLI), Constant Internet required, a Blu-Ray drive, and the "Next Generation of Kinect" built into the console.

Source.

Thoughts on these rumors?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: