ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Batman: Arkham City
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fUNC  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Batman: Arkham City Reply with quote

I was going to pick this up day one regardless, but every single review that's started rolling in has called the game absolutely flawless. I'll expand the OP a bit more later, but for now here are the screengrabs of Game Informer's review to give you the rundown-

http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z393/mfallon15/ArkhamCityreview1.png
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z393/mfallon15/ArkhamCityreview2.png
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z393/mfallon15/ArkhamCityreview3.png

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually own 2 copies of the game at the moment XD I pre-ordered it about a month or two for 360, but just this past Monday, I bought a new graphics card that gave me the game free on PC. So I'm gonna just trade in the 360 version for most of Saints Row 3 if the PC version works fine lol

Everything I've seen on the game is just amazing. It already has a great base, but making it an open world, adding tons of sidequests, having what has to be one of the greatest villain roster of all time, just takes this game off the charts. I can't wait.

Also reading that Game Informer reiew, they just won me over with the talk of a New Game +. It's something that is certainly required in these kind of games, as they give a real reason to replay through the game again, which for someone like me that needs fresh stuff to replay a singleplayer experience, it's fantastic to see.
fUNC  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. I usually run through New Game + at least once on any game that has it (or three-eight in the case of Chrono Trigger XD ), and that plus a fully playable Catwoman campaign means this won't leave the disc tray for a long time.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Hobo111  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agggggg why did this have to get delayed for PC
ShadoWolf  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god I can't wait for this game.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uugggh. I won't be able to play this until Wednesay at the earliest, but I also haven't beaten Arkham Asylum. How necessary is beating the first game to understanding the second game, I wonder? I will probably buy it ASAP if the answer to the above is "not very."

I didn't lose interest in the first I just forgot about it... I need my healthy dose of Batman this week

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
buttfaceninja  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was only going to buy Uncharted 3 on release day the rest of the year but then I made the mistake of watching preview videos and remembering just how awesome Arkham Asylum was. Plus the numerous perfect scores it's already gathered are just strengthening my thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeftrockX3 wrote:
ShadoWolf wrote:
Oh god I want this game now.

Fixed
True.
Look, someone actually had to point out that singing "solo" meant singing alone. This is why we allow people to work registers at McDonald's that can't make change and it makes me want to run my face under a belt sander. For the love of tits, how can you be on the internet in 2012 and not think "maybe I can Google this word I should have learned in first grade before making a thread about it".
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: ShadoWolf2971
slfan68  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hadn't payed any attention to this game. Seeing the articles about it, and how it's better than Arkham Asylum which was amazing to begin with, I'm going to Gamestop later today to trade in Gears 3 among others to get my preorder in.
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God damn it... I was only going to rent it because there is no online (and usually games get only a play-through or two out of me), but then it has to go and get 10/10s everywhere. Fuck all these amazing games coming out at one time and making me poor. First Dark Souls blows everyone away, and now this. -_____-
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hobo111 wrote:
Agggggg why did this have to get delayed for PC

Oh dammit! I didn't know this happened! I looked at Gamestop and it's held back an entire month and comes out during the rush of games.
slfan68  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, looks like I'm going to have to seriously reconsider if I should be buying this game showing support for the publishers. It was announced today that the ON-DISC SINGLE-PLAYER Catwoman content has gone the way of EA's online pass. Either buy the game new, pay $10, or don't play the Catwoman content. I already had enough of a hard time justifying buying Madden 12 for myself because of its online, but blocking players access to single-player on-disc content is just beyond ludicrous. I know some people will say to just buy the game new, but it's not about that. It's about principle. It's like if I rented a movie and the dvd stopped with roughly 30 minutes left and said "To finish this movie you must pay $10."
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slfan68 wrote:
Well, looks like I'm going to have to seriously reconsider if I should be buying this game showing support for the publishers. It was announced today that the ON-DISC SINGLE-PLAYER Catwoman content has gone the way of EA's online pass. Either buy the game new, pay $10, or don't play the Catwoman content. I already had enough of a hard time justifying buying Madden 12 for myself because of its online, but blocking players access to single-player on-disc content is just beyond ludicrous. I know some people will say to just buy the game new, but it's not about that. It's about principle. It's like if I rented a movie and the dvd stopped with roughly 30 minutes left and said "To finish this movie you must pay $10."

Sorry, but that analogy makes no sense. You get the full experience of the game by purchasing it regardless, but to get that little extra, you make a small donation to the developers / publishers themselves. Buying a game used means that you are contributing entirely to the establishment that bought them back from the original owner (Game Stop, for instance). I don't see why the devs / pubs wanting to be paid at least a little bit for their hard work by every person getting the full package is so offensive to people that wouldn't be playing it without them. Especially when it's a package that is already so well respected.
slfan68  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchiridion wrote:
slfan68 wrote:

Sorry, but that analogy makes no sense. You get the full experience of the game by purchasing it regardless, but to get that little extra, you make a small donation to the developers / publishers themselves. Buying a game used means that you are contributing entirely to the establishment that bought them back from the original owner (Game Stop, for instance). I don't see why the devs / pubs wanting to be paid at least a little bit for their hard work by every person getting the full package is so offensive to people that wouldn't be playing it without them. Especially when it's a package that is already so well respected.

So because I need to show my respect for the devs and pubs putting out the game, I should have to pay 10$ extra so that when my brother wants to play it on his xbox under the same roof of the same house he can have all the same content that I have? I'm sorry, but not everyone only has one xbox in their home, and people who do get severely shafted from shit like this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: