ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
If you had to...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: If you had to... Reply with quote

If you had to choose ONE video game to play for the rest of your life, what would it be? It could be anything.

Personally, mine would be...GUITAR HERO / ROCK BAND!!!
(Hard to choose which seperate one)
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough choice...It would need alot of replayability...I would almost say Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock with all the DLC, but it would be kind of a three way tie between Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and GHWOR for me I think.
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Tough choice...It would need alot of replayability...I would almost say Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock with all the DLC, but it would be kind of a three way tie between Team Fortress 2, Minecraft, and GHWOR for me I think.

I've never played Team Fortress. What is it like?
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyrim. Infinite Quests FTW.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:

I need to catch up on some more games... I have never played either one of those.
Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably Skyrim. Or GH3 customs which give me a plethora of songs to play.

GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:

I need to catch up on some more games... I have never played either one of those.

He's saying he would play Skyrim because there are infinite quests in the game. They aren't two separate games :P
Saru786  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHeroFan101 wrote:
Sarg338 wrote:

Holy shit, I think I lost a kidney laughing at what you said! xDD This is sigged.

Anyways, don't really understand wtf Elder Scrolls even is, so Skyrim is out of the question. I'd probably play Legend of Zelda for the rest of my life. And no, not the series. But A Link To The Past or Orcarina of Time. I would play these games over and over again until I unlocked/did everything possible. Even after that, I would play some more. OoT was like one of the first games (aswell as Goldeneye) I ever played. It's the game I grew up with, all the way up to until the current-gen era. Before the Wii, I spent almost my whole gaming time on OoT. ALTP also has so much to offer and is an amazing game. Hard to pick.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
Rikuthemaster  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite Game being Pokemon Gold, I doubt I could play it for the rest of my life, considering one, the battery would go out, so I couldn't save, would result in endless frustration and bitching. And two, while I have replayed it multiple times, I gotta switch things up!

This is definitely a tough question. I give up. I'm going to go play Skyrim.

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TTParadigm PSN Name: TTParadigm
Bradmasta  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently since I haven't played Skyrim just yet (Will be playing it soon >=) ), I'd probably say either GH:WoR, GH3PC, Spore, Oblivion, or Halo CBE. I really can't decide between them, though i'd probably pick GH3PC over them because I can always add any song I want...but again, I haven't played Skyrim =p
McSkinny  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bust-a-move
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: McSkinny
The-B.O.D.  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Hawk's Project 8. Just because it's so damn fun to make your guy bail so damn hard it makes the game engine take a huge crap.
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I'd die from the process of actually picking a game before actually successfully picking one solitary game to play for the rest of my life. There's good reason I have 500 odd video games at my disposal across a whole stack of consoles: they're all there to feed my multitude of differing desires when it comes to playing video games. There are a massive amount of amazing games that've come and gone across many a console, many a generation, and I really don't think I could sit there and just keep myself to just ONE game forever and ever. Variety is the spice of life, or some such gobbledigook.

Now, to entertain the question at hand, the "obvious" answer would be to go with one's all-time favourite game, which in my case would be Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals for the SNES, but I couldn't see myself only playing that. Yes I've played through it a million trillion times over and have thoroughly enjoyed it every time, but I don't think I could only play it forever and ever. The other "obvious" answer considering the website we're on would be to go with a plastic instrument game of some form, but quite frankly I couldn't sit there and play only plastic instruments, and I most certainly couldn't decide on one specific plastic instrument game. Wouldn't be able to decide on a specific Dynasty Warriors game. Couldn't decide on any specific RPG. Couldn't decide on specific sporting titles. I could rattle off a nice big list of games from each of those particular examples I've given, amongst a stack of others, tell you that they are some of the most amazing games I've played in my life, and yet I can tell you that I won't be able to sit there and ONLY play one of those individual games. One of the joys of having so many games is that I can switch as I please as my attention span really isn't what it used to be for the most part. I mean, right now I'm bouncing between RAGE, Pokemon HeartGold, Final Fantasy 12, FIFA 10 and Donkey Kong 64, and that's just from what I can recall off the top of my head, and it'll change once more when Ultimate Marvel v Capcom 3 finally arrives at my doorstep.

So my answer is I don't have one. Great answer I know!
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That answer is easy for me. Well, I have three.

If you mean one "game" in a classic console, I have a Harmony cart. It is a flash cartridge, that has the entire Atari 2600 library on the SD card.

If you mean one console game, I will have to go with Pinball FX 2. Large variety of tables, and I love pinball soo much... I played one game for over an hour or so, and never grew bored... even after I found an extra ball loop. This choice will change once they come out with the ultimate dream come true... the people who made the Williams Hall of Fame, are making an xbox live game. Its basically Pinball FX2, but with their own physics engine, and most importantly... REAL tables. They're not made up, they're the actual licensed table. If Black Knight 2000 ever hits that, I will play that game, and that table, for an awful long time.

If you mean one pinball game, I will have to go with... Black Knight 2000. I absolutely love that game, I knew a guy who had about 9 pinballs in his basement, including Attack from Mars and Family Guy... and all I played was Black Knight 2000. <3 that table, so much...

If I had to pick one game out of all those, I will have to go with Black Knight 2000. I am a pinball fanatic, there is just something about a pinball machine that tickles me in ways that only girls should be able to tickle. There's just something about a real table, playing with real physics. Its a true skill game, and to hear that knock when you get a free game that echos throughout the room that you are in... words can't describe it. The Black Knight 2000 would have the speaker upgrade installed inside of the cabinet (that includes a subwoofer), so when the Black Knight blares and taunts you, you could feel it in the sub.
Silly  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough question. It couldn't be a single player game because it'd get extremely repetitive after a few dozen playthroughs (FFX is a testament to that despite being my favourite game of all time).

This means it has to be multiplayer. Something with no variety would be a no-no, ruling out the vast majority of FPS games for the limited amount of maps, and most MMORPGs for the endless grinding.

So, something multiplayer, with variety. Maybe a game with a near-limitless variety of gametypes, to keep it fresh. Something with custom content such as user-created maps and gametypes, with a good-sized and lively community to play them. There's a fair number of games that fit these criteria, but one stands head and shoulders above the others to me.

My pick would be Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.

DLC || Last.FM || RB Acc thread || YouTube || Steam || League of Legends
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Loistava Wii Friend Code: 369484373961
Yewb  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly wrote:
Tough question. It couldn't be a single player game because it'd get extremely repetitive after a few dozen playthroughs (FFX is a testament to that despite being my favourite game of all time).

This means it has to be multiplayer. Something with no variety would be a no-no, ruling out the vast majority of FPS games for the limited amount of maps, and most MMORPGs for the endless grinding.

So, something multiplayer, with variety. Maybe a game with a near-limitless variety of gametypes, to keep it fresh. Something with custom content such as user-created maps and gametypes, with a good-sized and lively community to play them. There's a fair number of games that fit these criteria, but one stands head and shoulders above the others to me.

My pick would be Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.

I was going to say FFX, but you're right, I couldn't play it forever.

Rock Band doesn't even feel like a game any more, so I couldn't pick that either.

World of Warcraft is something I can only play in bursts; and once you've done your first raid, it's all the same regardless of character, class or role. Same shit, different skills. Same with most MMOs.

Offline FPS such as early UT and SS games - my favourite casual games, usually - do get old fast, although UT2k3 is probably the strongest contender so far.

Runescape, however, I could devote to, and be rewarded for it. Runescape I did play almost nothing but for seven years, and I still love it now, nine years after I began playing.

Yeah, RS.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: