ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Fighting Game tournament hype thread. (ECT4 jun9-10th)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leprosy916  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
Quote:
3. Yipes' voice makes not muting the stream completely impossible.

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

You don't like Yipes commentary?

Super sad for Chris G at NEC.

Pretty messed up that Sabin caught him near tears on the rape cam. Guess that's what it's there for, though. =/ I know I'd be pretty pissed if I lost like that in the Grand Finals from winners.

And on the Yipes commentary: When he gets off the mic, I want him to come back. Dude says some stupid/funny shit that I approve of. Same with Chris Hu. Except with him it's like so bad that it's good again. OFFICHAL BISON PRECHURE! BEST BIPSON! Stream monsters get him to say some funny shit.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Leprosy916 PSN Name: Leprosy916
Sottle  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris Hu/Aqua is my favourite combo for pure entertainment, I really wanted to see Yipes/David get an extended stretch as commentators when Yipes was over on the west coast, i think they'd be the perfect balance of play by play and colour.

And yeah, Chris G is just one of the nicest guys around and it's such a bummer to see him go out like that, i have this memory of him when he was just Chinatown Chris, grinding out 3rd strike and SF4 in Chinatown Fair for hours, dude was so chill and humble then and he still seems like it now, i was gutted for him.

Good shit to PR Rog though, Wolverine don't give a fuck about no nerfs.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yipes is in the same vein as FC Jago, to me. If you guys didn't watch the newest(ish) FingerCramp episode, Jago pretty much started out by saying the FGC community was dying, and then went on to commentate on fan's videos that they sent in and just tore into each one almost insulting each player. Pros that look down on someone just because they aren't recognized bothers me. Not saying I've seen Yipes do it, in particular, he just gives me the same vibe. And I'm not a fan of FGC community terms, which is pretty much Yipes' entire vocabulary.

Chris Hu is god damn hilarious, though. In a Borat kind of way. I've only watched him on archives, though. Never live.

I wanted Chris G to win so badly. I heard about the Shinku Shoryuken prior to even watching the stream, and still was so bummed when I actually saw it. I'm totally ripping off his Hawkeye / Ryu synergy, though.

This is what I imagine PR Rog said to the invincibility nerf: "Wait, so other people don't cover their Logan with assists?!"

@daev

Those were actually all observations. Remember when you didn't have to bitch about everything I write because I don't like your ultimate super fave fanboy crush Frank? Yeah, me neither.
Sottle  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thing is, when Yipes says something, it's not FGC lingo, it's only when everyone steals it from him and repeats it ad nasuem that it becomes FGC lingo. He definitely doesn't look or talk down to anyone either, he's totally in it for the love.

Seriously, the only thing of note i can think of he DIDN'T come up with was "Stream Monsters".

I agree Jago is a dick, it's like he's tried to carve out this heel persona for himself but he's just awful at it, he should take notes from F.Champ on how to play the bad guy. Dude is an artist.

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
Thing is, when Yipes says something, it's not FGC lingo, it's only when everyone steals it from him and repeats it ad nasuem that it becomes FGC lingo. He definitely doesn't look or talk down to anyone either, he's totally in it for the love.

I totally agree, but it's like a Napoleon Dynamite situation. The originator is going to get most of the flame.

I don't think he started "fraudulent." We can blame Mike Ross for that.

P.S. I don't believe.
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fradulent is just a word, not lingo, and I don't even like Dead Rising, and i've never played Frank outside of missions or random all!

Hoping Big Two/WNF is awesome tonight, the more vergil tech I see the happier I get (even though I don't play him either...I just think his combos look reeeeeal nasty) Also shoutouts to Noel Brown for his frank west tech, the dhc into wolverine after the frank super to hit level 4 in one combo with only 2 meter was pretty sick! Also Chris G may have convinced me to pick up Hawkeye, but we'll have to wait and see on that one :U

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that Wolvie/Frank trick is cool, i think it pales in comparison to the setups that get Frank to at least 4 without him being involved in the match though.

Any idea what they're doing at WNF tonight? This is the first of the two "Specials" before SCR right?

Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never called it a lingo. Salty, stream monster, free fraudulent, curly mustache, etc are all words. They become FGC terms because of how they're used / excessive repetition.

How the hell do you do that Net Shot loop with Hawkeye?! What is that other arrow input?
Sottle  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just standing B or C i think?

Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:
It's just standing B or C i think?

Can't seem to get it to work for me.
daevlol  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sottle wrote:

Any idea what they're doing at WNF tonight? This is the first of the two "Specials" before SCR right?

I believe tonight is the UMVC3 only night, whereas next wednesday will only be AE, not sure if 2012 is out by then, but if it is then it'll be cool to see some stuff before SCR!

Re: Hawkeye, pretty sure it's 2 arrows of stand H but I could be super wrong, since I don't know anything about Hawkeye and ive seen him do that combo like twice ever, it might be 214M H though, but that doersnt sound quite right cause he does the 214 h icearrow/ slide later to get in melee range and keep the combo going, id have to mess with it and im too lazy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, is anyone watching Big Two right now? I wanna give Chris a hug.

Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did Noel just get up and leave during the last match after he lost two characters?
daevlol  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like im a total liar? AE team tourny is tonight I guess on WNF

http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve is the best commentator

EDIT: holy fucking jesus mike ross

<bjw> :U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: