ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Fighting Game tournament hype thread. (ECT4 jun9-10th)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sottle  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the archive now, i nearly died laughing during the Clock/LLND match when Steve was bringing out the Lassy references.

"What's that? There's a man with a gun outside? You want to save WHO?"

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Sottle PSN Name: Sottle Wii Friend Code: 1365547015982980
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daevlol wrote:
........this Fuerte

Edit: THIS FUERTE HOLY GOD

Vids?

I was really mean at some points during the stream, but eh.... it is what it is.

Everyone was trashing Wong for keeping Iron Fist, then he made that epic comeback. Its why he's the one on the stage, and we're not.

Good shit, I can't wait for the next one
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing MINE buckle under pressure like that was pretty sad. I've met that dude before. He's from Elk Grove, CA, same with X-Ray. I facepalmed so hard when his momentum completely died.

Also lol @ Iron Fist's "Spirit of the Dragon" super being the new Legion Arrow. That shit does retarded damage no matter where it is in the combo.
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
daevlol wrote:
........this Fuerte

Edit: THIS FUERTE HOLY GOD

Vids?

I was really mean at some points during the stream, but eh.... it is what it is.

Everyone was trashing Wong for keeping Iron Fist, then he made that epic comeback. Its why he's the one on the stage, and we're not.

Good shit, I can't wait for the next one

Just look for iPeru games at this SCR, and you'll see. He didn't go on a wolfkrone/latif gdlk player killing spree but it was pretty similar to the runs those guys had. An el fuerte placed top 3 in a major is enough indication.

Anyway AFAIK APEX is the next major (jan 6-8th), historically a smash tourny, teaming up with local battles (chrisg! winrich!) and leveluplive to bring SF4/UMVC3/MK9 tournies this year. I'll be there, participating (2012 for srs, ultimate for funsies), it should be pretty fun! Im not quite sure whos gonna be there, but at the very least marlin pie will be showing up, and i see no reason why other big east coast players shouldn't, there just hasnt been much talk from them about it, so we'll have to wait and see. Pretty pumped for my first major!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the hypest of tournaments, but for the past two months a friend of mine's been holding a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure tournament on GGPO. This month I got to stream it. Videos are being uploaded over time here.

(You can even get to see me do bad in a few videos!)

<bjw> :U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FlannelJacket wrote:
Not the hypest of tournaments, but for the past two months a friend of mine's been holding a JoJo's Bizarre Adventure tournament on GGPO. This month I got to stream it. Videos are being uploaded over time here.

(You can even get to see me do bad in a few videos!)

Good stuff! I never really got into the game, but when you hit max level, you should have done more of the moves of the electricity line coming down then trying to stall him. I don't know about the game though, that could have been a super and not known.

Good stuff so far, kinda makes me sad I never got into the game.
FlannelJacket  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The electric wire is just a normal special. If you're talking about the match with Jotaro though, I was just choking a lot. Plus it's hard to throw wire against him because he can just get in so fast or throw a super out at me.

It's probably my favorite fighter. Really interesting and fun to play despite some pretty hilarious matchups and tiers.

<bjw> :U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U:U
Leprosy916  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dieminion at Big Two in UMvC3 was fucking exciting. I've never rooted for someone so lame before, but holy shit. Makes me so happy seeing someone with a completely different approach than everyone else actually making it work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Leprosy916 PSN Name: Leprosy916
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who'd have thought a Japanese casual online tournament would be entirely more entertaining than most US majors? I'm only done with the first video, but god damn those Tron / She-Hulk setups were so fun to watch. Kuuronn is always fun to see, too. Best part: only a tiny bit of trench coat!
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On that first video, that was a super nice reset that he did with T. Bonne and She-Hulk on the first game.
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our very own daevlol is going to the tournament that's happening now

Anyone have a link to the stream of it, if its up yet?
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
Our very own daevlol is going to the tournament that's happening now

Anyone have a link to the stream of it, if its up yet?

Here ya go
http://www.twitch.tv/8wayrun
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
Enchiridion  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tournament was pretty uneventful. Announcer's were freaking out about Alukard, but he didn't do anything with Skrull I haven't seen before. Seems like they'll take any opportunity they can to just scream on the mic, these days. Never liked Skisonic, though.

But hey! At least Noel Brown didn't win!
Squirrel  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enchiridion wrote:
Tournament was pretty uneventful. Announcer's were freaking out about Alukard, but he didn't do anything with Skrull I haven't seen before. Seems like they'll take any opportunity they can to just scream on the mic, these days. Never liked Skisonic, though.

Or ChrisG.

I agree, I never did like skisonic. Now, this Melee play I can get into.
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone cares, I went 0-2 in Marvel(i didnt practice at all for marvel because I had only ever experienced it online, but let me tell you, after this event, i'm playing this game a LOT more. look for me on the 8wayrun streams on tuesday nights i'm going to start being a regular attender at the break weekly tournaments), and 1-2 in Street Fighter(YAAAAY)

Pretty happy I have a win in a major under my belt, but the guy refused to block so it didn't feel very deserved. But whatever! A victory is a victory!

AFAIK Winter Brawl is the next major, Feb 18th-19th, streamed by #1 FGC streamer, Mr Victor Font AKA sp00ky. I'll be at that tournament too, so if anyone wants to meet up hit me up somehow!

Also today is some LG sponsored tournament streamed by leveluplive, winner going to korea to play other top playersm from diffrent countries, maybe like a psuedo FGC WCG? I haven't kept up too much with this event but it's more street fighter to watch so I at least have something to do today. Kappa

Enchiridion wrote:

For clarity, Alukard is a big smash player, and the crowd there, being mainly smash players, were SUPER hype for him. The hype probably seeped into the commentators...commentating and made them go in on it. Also super skrull is hype no matter how he's played. INNFERRRRRRNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Last edited by daevlol on Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: