ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Spike TV Video Game Awards 2011
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Spike TV Video Game Awards 2011 Reply with quote

Happening right now and you can watch the stream over at Kotaku.

http://kotaku.com/5866940/no-tv-watch-the-spike-video-game-awards-here-live

Videos shown...

The Last of Us
http://www.destructoid.com/the-last-of-us-sony-and-naughty-dog-s-survival-horror-217651.phtml

Command & Conquer: Generals 2
http://www.destructoid.com/bioware-s-new-game-is-command-conquer-generals-2-217652.phtml

Mass Effect 3
http://www.destructoid.com/new-mass-effect-3-trailer-has-worms-217654.phtml

Alan Wake: American Nightmare
http://www.destructoid.com/get-ready-for-alan-wake-s-american-nightmare-217653.phtml

The Amazing Spiderman
http://www.destructoid.com/the-amazing-spider-man-s-vga-trailer-217657.phtml

Rainbow Six: Patriots
http://www.destructoid.com/rainbow-six-trailer-hits-pretty-close-to-home-217658.phtml

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
http://www.destructoid.com/wow-transformers-fall-of-cybertron-trailer-217659.phtml

Fortnite
http://www.destructoid.com/fortnite-epic-games-cute-zombie-game-217660.phtml

Bioshock: Infinite
http://www.destructoid.com/new-bioshock-infinite-trailer-is-moving-217661.phtml

Metal Gear Solid Rising
http://www.destructoid.com/kojima-debuts-metal-gear-rising-trailer-at-spike-vgas-217664.phtml

Diablo III Cinematic
http://www.destructoid.com/diablo-iii-intro-cinematic-is-dramatic-as-hell-217663.phtml

Last edited by MSH-Hitman on Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:27 am; edited 3 times in total
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Last of Us is also by Naughty Dog which means guaranteed awesomeness

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:

I missed that bit of the intro, so yeah, that's pretty awesome. They do Uncharted, don't they? Uncharted with zombies in a post-apocalyptic world? I'm all over that lol
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
Kubuh wrote:

I missed that bit of the intro, so yeah, that's pretty awesome. They do Uncharted, don't they? Uncharted with zombies in a post-apocalyptic world? I'm all over that lol

They sure do, also they have never made a bad game ever, First 3 Crash Bandicoot + Crash Team Racing, first 3 Jak + Jak X Combat Racing and then the UC games.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Great Joker bit lol

-Mass Effect 3 is Most Anticipated Game of the Year. New trailer, though I think it's just an extended/alternate version of the E3 video without the truck aspect or am I wrong on that? Also, why does Earth have giant worms? lol

-Oh wow, Bioware is making C&C Generals 2. Not a game I thought would ever get a sequel, but good company and the first wasn't so bad. I hope it's good. I'd like to get back into Command & Conquer. Something awesome about this, is that it uses the Frostbite 2 Engine, so it's gonna look FANTASTIC.

-Announced pre-show, Tony Hawk Pro Skater HD is coming. It'll be a best of for the first two games and will be HD at a price of 20 bucks or less. That's pretty awesome. Digital only release.

-These character of the year bits are hilarious lol

-Metal Gear Rising is now Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. A trailer will be coming as it's already been leaked.

-Rainbow Six: Patriots trailer. Read about this game in the last Game Informer and it sounds like an interesting game. Home Grown Terror plots happening in the country, which at least different from the usual middle eastern terrorists thing that permeate so many games now.

-Alan Wake: American Nightmare. Digital release on XBL only.

-Legend of Zelda is the first game for the Video Game Hall of Fame. Miyamoto accepting in person.

-The Amazing Spiderman premiere coming up. I read that this one goes back to the original open world aspect.

-Wheatly in space bit lol

-Also to note, I accidentally said Batman was game of the year...missed the nominee bit, so it'll be announced later lol

-New Spiderman looks pretty nice. Good graphics, set after the upcoming movie, it could be fun, though they only show him fighting some robots. Hopefully it's more involved than previous Spiderman games that always felt abit shallow.

-New transformers trailer up next.

-Black Keyes are a tolerable band for the show. Nothing too interesting, but alright for some...Indie Rock? I don't know lol

-Badass trailer for the new Transformers game. I didn't play the previous one, but I read up on the new one and it sounds pretty cool. Plus, Dinobots!

-Call of Duty:MW3 is shooter of the year. SO RIGGED! SCREW THIS SHOW!

-Fortnite by Epic. Looks to be a...I'm not sure exactly lol A zombie/supernatural survival game about building a base to survive in out of scavenged parts, but with a cartoonish style and humor to it. Could be fun depending on how it's designed. Wouldn't really want it as one of those top down games, never been super fond of them.

-Gamer God award goes to Blizzard for those very unknown and not very well liked games they make.

-Intro Cinematic for Diablo 3 shown. Killer video, even though I could not be less interested in this game lol

-Bioshock: Infinite trailer. While I'm not jumping at this game, it does look good.

-Poor Kojima stumbled through the Metal Gear Solid Rising announcement.

-Metal Gear Rising: Reveangance looks like crazy fun. Metal Gear combined with Devil May Cry.

Last edited by MSH-Hitman on Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Joker was holding a script for Batman: Arkham World that he threw away and then said whoops spoilers, take that for whatever

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubuh wrote:
Also Joker was holding a script for Batman: Arkham World that he threw away and then said whoops spoilers, take that for whatever

Yeah I think that is more just Rocksteady poking some fun, but it would be cool if they are planning that lol

Overall, a better show than last year I thought. Abit leaner, good host, nice reveals, awards were pretty predictable, but overall alright.

Definitely excited for The Last of Us, C&C Generals 2, and possibly Fortnite, depending on what kind of game it turns out to be.
Saru786  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously MW3 wins Best Shooter. The only other nominee in that category that had a fighting chance against it was GoW 3. Fortnite, I haven't seen anything for yet. Have to catch up on all the updates. Was too busy playing WoW to watch it. :P

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru786 wrote:
Obviously MW3 wins Best Shooter. The only other nominee in that category that had a fighting chance against it was GoW 3. Fortnite, I haven't seen anything for yet. Have to catch up on all the updates. Was too busy playing WoW to watch it. :P

I was just joking lol The awards show was pretty predictable and lame for the most part. Only thing worth checking it out for was the announcements and really, I could've just waited till afterwards, I'm just very impatient and like to catch things as soon as possible if I know they are coming.
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru786 wrote:
Obviously MW3 wins Best Shooter. The only other nominee in that category that had a fighting chance against it was GoW 3.

You seem to completely forget about Battlefield 3.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
Saru786 wrote:
Obviously MW3 wins Best Shooter. The only other nominee in that category that had a fighting chance against it was GoW 3.

You seem to completely forget about Battlefield 3.

This. There is no "Obviously" to it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing MW3 winning proves is that Activision paid SpikeTV more money than EA for advertising.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Leprosy916 PSN Name: Leprosy916
Saru786  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Battlefield 3? Nah, I didn't forget it. It just never had a chance.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru786 wrote:

You are one horrible troll

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru786 wrote:

Don't look now, but your fanboy is showing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: