ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Spike TV Video Game Awards 2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRiiG3RS  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want The Last Of Us so badly it hurts. That trailer looks fantastic. It's just a shame that it looks like a PS3 exclusive... Fingers crossed for a PC release.
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRiiG3RS wrote:
I want The Last Of Us so badly it hurts. That trailer looks fantastic. It's just a shame that it looks like a PS3 exclusive... Fingers crossed for a PC release.

It's a Naughty Dog game, so no way it's released on anything other than PS3.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Saru786 wrote:
Battlefield 3? Nah, I didn't forget it. It just never had a chance.

Don't look now, but your fanboy is showing.

Saru being an over the top Call of Duty fanboy? HOLD THE PRESS! This is an amazing development that no one here has ever seen before!

Sorry for the sarcasm just had to get that out there.

Anyway, on subject, I sincerely hope Rainbow Six Patriots doesn't get screwed over by Ubisoft in the same way that Splinter Cell did.

Splinter Cell was an incredibly fun and unique game series, with stealth elements all it's own... And then Ubisoft turned Conviction into Assassin's Creed with guns. If they turn Rainbow Six (one of the few truly realistic shooters remaining) into a CoD knockoff I swear to god, heads will roll.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Realistic is hardly what you think of Rainbow Six anymore. Vegas really wasn't that realistic lol I don't think they've been realistic since the early days. Also, realistic won't sell games, so it's going to be a mix I think. Reading up on the game, it certainly doesn't sound like a CoD clone. Teamwork plays a big part of the story, your interaction with your squad is very important and if your a dick with your squad, they won't listen to. Not too mention your able to choose different ways of completing a mission.

Again, we'll have to wait and see, but it does sound like a more involved game than the usual mindless movie tropes CoD does. I also read that the multiplayer will be very team oriented, where your able to join a match in practice mode to learn all the best points of the map and learn strategies.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, Vegas was hardly ultra-realistic like the earlier ones. But nonetheless it's still far more realistic than any other shooter out there currently.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to be honest, with a single player as shitty as BF3's, it didn't have a chance.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, I kinda wish that Skyrim had come out sometime next year so that Portal 2 could have had at least a little bit of a chance of even being nominated for GOTY. I feel like it could have had serious potential if so many bigger name titles didn't come out this year.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
Anyway, I kinda wish that Skyrim had come out sometime next year so that Portal 2 could have had at least a little bit of a chance of even being nominated for GOTY. I feel like it could have had serious potential if so many bigger name titles didn't come out this year.

Unless I'm mistaken... I thought Portal 2 was nominated? I assumed it was between P2, B:AC, & Skyrim for the win... with B:AC & Skyrim most likely to win.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CloudFuel PSN Name: Cloud_Fuel Wii Friend Code: 4265622918614549
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CloudFuel wrote:
GregoryZero wrote:

Unless I'm mistaken... I thought Portal 2 was nominated? I assumed it was between P2, B:AC, & Skyrim for the win... with B:AC & Skyrim most likely to win.

It was nominated, as well as Uncharted 3.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya, you know looking at it, Skyrim is essentially the killer of hopes and dreams.

Any other year Deus Ex and Witcher 2 would hands down win the best RPG category. But now? There's no chance in hell.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregoryZero wrote:
Saru786 wrote:
Obviously MW3 wins Best Shooter. The only other nominee in that category that had a fighting chance against it was GoW 3.

You seem to completely forget about Battlefield 3.

It all depends on the people who play. If they picked up MW3 and played for 10 min, vs Battlefield 3 for 10 min, MW3 would win hands down. BF3 has a HUGE learning curve. In 3 hours I got to level 20 something on MW3. In 3 hours playing BF3, I finally had a positive KD ratio. You also get a lot more awards in MW3, giving you a false sense of accomplishment, even if you went 3 and 20.

It really all depends how shallow the reviewers are.
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squirrel wrote:
GregoryZero wrote:
Saru786 wrote:
Obviously MW3 wins Best Shooter. The only other nominee in that category that had a fighting chance against it was GoW 3.

Which are pretty damn shallow.

"New game with Call of Duty in it's name? OMG BEST GAME EVAR BEST SHOOTER OF THE YEAR".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Squirrel wrote:
GregoryZero wrote:
Saru786 wrote:

Which are pretty damn shallow.

"New game with Call of Duty in it's name? OMG BEST GAME EVAR BEST SHOOTER OF THE YEAR".

Ironically, I just saw this while stumbling.

Saru786  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, MW3 did change up a few things and even added some new stuff. And, btw, I wasn't being a troll. I was dead serious. Each year, at the Spike VGA's, Call of Duty has won best shooter starting from 2007. On top of that, I personally feel CoD and GoW are much better than BF hence it not standing a chance.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru786 wrote:
I wasn't being a troll. I was dead serious.

Which makes it ever more hilarious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: