ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Spike TV Video Game Awards 2011
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignoring the fanboyness above, lets get back on topic.

Alittle more about Fortnite has been squeezed from Epic and it looks like the game was abit inspired by Minecraft, though instead of just free design of anything, it's mostly just about creating buildings during the day to survive the zombie onslaught at night. Hopefully it has a good focus to it, cause if it's just mindless wave fighting, that'll be pretty pointless. Hate wave battles that just go on and on.

http://www.destructoid.com/epic-minecraft-inspired-new-ip-fortnite-217737.phtml

Also, apparently Valve has huge things coming for E3...Of course Valve being the trolls they are, it will have a "3" in it and they did some crazy twitter code stuff. So let the speculation begin! Left 4 Dead 3? Portal 3? Half-Life 3? If they do anything, but Half-Life 3, the internet rage will be off the scale XD

And this was missed, but also this weekend, a Darksiders 2 teaser came out. Can't wait for this game. The first one was alot of fun, but hearing they are really making this better has me excited.

http://www.destructoid.com/death-lives-in-darksiders-ii-teaser-trailer-217727.phtml

Love that bit of a tagline that should be used more for this game "What starts with War, ends with Death". Badass.

Last edited by MSH-Hitman on Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru786 wrote:
Nah, MW3 did change up a few things and even added some new stuff. And, btw, I wasn't being a troll. I was dead serious. Each year, at the Spike VGA's, Call of Duty has won best shooter starting from 2007. On top of that, I personally feel CoD and GoW are much better than BF hence it not standing a chance.

Saru, the main thing I've noticed with your posts lately is the fact that you seem to take your personal opinion as law. Around the time of MW3's release I always tried to stay level headed and even though I personally felt that Activision and Modern Warfare are helping to kill originality in AAA games, I never brought it up in the BF or MW threads or any other thread.

And I thought you would evolve beyond the preachy fanboy stage shortly after MW3 was actually released, when in actuality you've just been getting even more preachy as time goes on.

In short, cut back the fanboy rhetoric a bit and understand that every game has its flaws (some more than others...) and you'll be taken seriously around here again.

EDIT: Pssh, silly Hitman, we all know Half-Life 3 is simply an internet legend at this point. Seriously though, if it is Half-Life 3 I will be so damn happy. It's kinda sad to think that a game as old as Half-Life 2 still does alot of things better both technically, and storytelling wise than most games do today.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Left 4 Dead 3, book it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDoner8790 wrote:
It's Left 4 Dead 3, book it.

I wouldn't mind it as I'm not one of the people eagerly awaiting Half-Life 3, like some people think it will be the Holy Grail of gaming. HL2 was alright, nothing more for me. I'm actually only interested in HL3 for what new engine stuff it should be bring which then is used for the other games out there.

L4D3 would be cool if they do ALOT with the series, rather than just the DLC expansion pack L4D2 was. Not that I'm excited for that either as L4D how it is now, gets abit too repetitive to me.
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. Just a side point but... What ever happened to Half-Life 2 Episode 3?

The entire point of episodic releases was so that they could release tiny bits on an annual basis. And it's been how ling since Episode 2 was released?

I'm also curious as to how Valve will "apologize" for Episode 3 being late, as their apology for Episode 2 being late was to throw in Portal and Team Fortress 2 into the Orange Box for free.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's HL3. Rumors have been going around that they are doing voicing for the game, which is one of the last steps in most development cycles.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They aren't going to do jack to apologize for the lack of Episode 3 lol They'll release Half-Life 3 and no one will care about Episode 3 after that lol
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err, I meant to put Half Life EPISODE 3 (Which I'm guessing is still part of HL2? Never played those games).

Source

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarg338 wrote:
Err, I meant to put Half Life EPISODE 3 (Which I'm guessing is still part of HL2? Never played those games).

Source

I doubt they've been working on Episode 3 for the past 4 years. Kinda defeats the purpose of it being episodic, if it takes longer than a normal game to be released lol I have a feeling they started to work on Episode 3, realized the scale of what they were doing and decided to just do a full blown release of the third game.

And yeah, the episodes are part of Half-Life 2, continuing right from where the main game left off from.
TRiiG3RS  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh please God let it be Left 4 Dead 3. I've never loved a game so dearly as L4D1, and L4D2 is becoming a bit stale. It's better with mods, yes, but you can't replace the care Valve puts into it's creations. You can almost feel the love. <3

..no but seriously, I want to kill more humans.
Saru786  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
Saru, the main thing I've noticed with your posts lately is the fact that you seem to take your personal opinion as law.

And I thought you would evolve beyond the preachy fanboy stage shortly after MW3 was actually released, when in actuality you've just been getting even more preachy as time goes on.

In short, cut back the fanboy rhetoric a bit and understand that every game has its flaws (some more than others...) and you'll be taken seriously around here again.

Who doesn't take their personal opinion as law? Admit it or not, everyone does. It's just a natural thing for humans to do. Also, I guess since I'm saying that GoW had a good chance at beating MW3 for the award, that makes me a GoW fanboy? Right.

That post I made before was ALL personal opinion. It was not a troll post of any kind. Don't see what there is to complain about here.
Nothing to see here, move along.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru786 wrote:

Who doesn't take their personal opinion as law? Admit it or not, everyone does.

Nope, only you. It's called an opinion for a reason, instead of fact.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
and you'll be taken seriously around here again.

Speak for yourself, I never took him seriously.

Saru786 wrote:
Who doesn't take their personal opinion as law?

Me because I have better things to do.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saru786 wrote:
Who doesn't take their personal opinion as law? Admit it or not, everyone does. It's just a natural thing for humans to do.

Welp, that certainly says alot about you :\

Back to the topic, alittle bit of info about Metal Gear Rising, apparently the game we see now, is not the same game we originally saw when it was first announced. That game was actually cancelled till the current company decided to pick it back up and re-engineer it abit, bringing the game up to 60fps and making it a spinoff/offshoot of the MGS series. It's set a couple years after MGS4, but it doesn't really have any connection with the series in particular. Kinda interesting to see as the game really doesn't look like MGS as much anymore in style.

Also, Tony Hawk HD info! It'll be 15 bucks at launch and here is a trailer, though it's mostly just CGI footage, not actual gameplay, but it does seem to hint at the kind of visuals we'll be getting, which look possibly amazing if they are even close to this.
Saru786  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denying it doesn't actually take away the truth from it. The whole gaming section of this forum is full of opinions that want to be right about what they are saying. It's normal to think your opinion is law. And, by that, I actually mean opinions that don't get shit on by facts themselves. People always voice them because they can't be unproven. Mostly everything about gaming is opinions.

- Saru is a genius
- BT doesn't exist
- 9001 is fucking paranoid
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Saru786 Wii Friend Code: 5710861160111753
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: