ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
PS2 USB Support (GH3 and Below) on PS3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nath247  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: PS2 USB Support (GH3 and Below) on PS3 Reply with quote

Now that loading PS2 backups on PS3 is possible (Cobra USB), I attempted to load my old custom PS2 GH2 ISO's from years ago (60GB UK Launch PS3) and they work perfect, however I have no PS3-PS2 adapter to try my old SG controller.

I discovered here, that GH:A PS2 onwards allows USB support
http://wiki.scorehero.com/ControllerCompatibility
So I loaded GH:WT PS2 on my PS3 and plugged in my 360 X-Plorer controller and it works!

Was wondering if anyone tried to get USB support working on the older PS2 GH series before GH:A? I remember a guy got a USB keyboard to work on GH2 many years ago (Can't remember the name).

Proud owner of a wired GH3 Les Paul.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you're talking about an adapter with a SG guitar, yes it works but the whammy doesnt with my cheap adapter. i dont even know if there is a wired ps3 guitar, maybe a cheap branded one.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way that I know of to add USB guitar support to GH2 outside of having access to the source code and adding support the "legit" way. It's certainly possible to load a USB stack as an IRX (loading USBD.IRX and USBKB.IRX to GH2 was how the guy got the keyboard to "work") but there's no known way to make it accept a USB guitar (it would likely power up but that's it).

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: